NEW Fit Sport WHEELS and Tires for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by crimsona
Talk about using the wrong currency...

Canadian LX and Sport has a $2300 difference for manual, and $2400 CAD for automatic.

With current exchange rates, that's a difference of $2,065 and $2,156 USD respectively. Oh, and don't forget to add sales tax on top. That's another ~14% on top (7% in Alberta)
you shouldn't expect a buyer of the used parts to pay sales tax on stuff that came with your car

$1200 will buy some very nice HFP 16" gunmetal wheels, why would anybody pay that for some stock sport wheels?

-joe

Old 05-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Firstly I would like to appoligize for the personal attacks. I didn't know the market value of these wheels. From what I have seen OEM wheels are much nicer in quality compared to most cheaper aftermarket rims. Plus they are hub centric without the use of hub rings!

Right from the start Sillypuddy wanted to start a fight and talked like he KNEW it all! If he had no intentions of buying these wheels, there isn't a need to bash. If I was way off just let me know in a polite manner...kinda like what they call a "gentlman"....instead of a jerk! Sillypuddy I don't really care what rims you have ...this thread isn't about YOU...so quit talking like you need some attention....I could give all the "attention" you like. HAHAHAHA!

Since everyone thinks $1200 is unreal....I now believe a fair price is $800.00. If that is too much for you then don't start bashing and hijacking this thread. If I don't sell these wheels then I will just keep them for the winter. Simple as that! And for all of those who has attemped to bash.........you don't really get under my skin so you could try harder!

I take back the personal attacks!

Old 05-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
you shouldn't expect a buyer of the used parts to pay sales tax on stuff that came with your car

$1200 will buy some very nice HFP 16" gunmetal wheels, why would anybody pay that for some stock sport wheels?

-joe
Because some like it stock! Factory wheels are hub centric, with the right offset to retain the perfect zero scrub radius, and have better fit and finish compared to CHEAP ASS WHEELS! Sometimes you do get what you pay for! That is why I won't buy $99 rims to put on a $20G plus car....especially when a lower offset means MORE unsprung weight making your suspension work harder. That is why my other car has 2 sets of Volks Racing wheels. One for the track and the other for the street.

THEN again different strokes for different folks right?

Old 05-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by crimsona
Talk about using the wrong currency...

Canadian LX and Sport has a $2300 difference for manual, and $2400 CAD for automatic.

With current exchange rates, that's a difference of $2,065 and $2,156 USD respectively. Oh, and don't forget to add sales tax on top. That's another ~14% on top (7% in Alberta)
My apologies! I was going by US dollars. I did not realise how much you canadian sucke...I mean customers got jacked!

Now since you guys have 3 models compared to our 2, what model of yours compares to our base model? What is the difference between DX and LX?

$800 Canadian is definitely getting closer to the right ballpark.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
The Canadian LX has almost the same options as the base US model. But all our Fits get the AUX jack!

Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
1. I had the intenion to buy the wheels, I have stated my OBO offer and I have cash in hand

2. I told you I bought another set of rims at what price to let you know how your price was over market value

3. HFP = honda factory performance, they are factory quality rims, you should check your facts before saying anything

4. lower offset = more unsprung weight.. dude you need to check your facts etc.. you have no clue what you are talking about

5. i never intended to get under your skin, you are the one who started all the personal attacks, if it didn't matter to you, you won't have done that..

6. I never said I knew it all..

-joe

Old 05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by brdss
My apologies! I was going by US dollars. I did not realise how much you canadian sucke...I mean customers got jacked!

Now since you guys have 3 models compared to our 2, what model of yours compares to our base model? What is the difference between DX and LX?

$800 Canadian is definitely getting closer to the right ballpark.
The LX is the closest to the US Base (the difference being the AUX in jack). The DX does not come with Air conditioning because Canadian summers are cooler. (but most people will get it anyway, so the DX is mainly for show)

Old 05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
$650 canadian?

Old 05-16-2006, 11:53 PM
1. I had the intenion to buy the wheels, I have stated my OBO offer and I have cash in hand

2. I told you I bought another set of rims at what price to let you know how your price was over market value

3. HFP = honda factory performance, they are factory quality rims, you should check your facts before saying anything

4. lower offset = more unsprung weight.. dude you need to check your facts etc.. you have no clue what you are talking about

5. i never intended to get under your skin, you are the one who started all the personal attacks, if it didn't matter to you, you won't have done that..

6. I never said I knew it all..

-joe
1. If you had intentions to buy the wheels then why did you take SOO many negative posts just to name your price? I call BS!

2. You tried to show off with your $99 rims to tell ppl that I am asking way too much....which maybe I was!

3. HFP? WTF is that? Factory quality rims? HAHAHA! Maybe claimed by the manufacturer. Konig? Made by Rota? China? There are ALOT of manufacturers that CLAIM OEM quality but just aren't. YOU my fren need to get educated about the auto industry!

4. Less offset magnifies UNSPRUNG WEIGHT! Ask ANY real racer or race car builder.....AGAIN you need to get educated! It's all friggin SIMPLE physics. Less offset creates more of a "lever" that makes the suspension work harder.....do you even know how a suspension works and what unsprung weight does to it? What about zero scrub radius? Sorry if find me a bit too technical. These are some things I learn from the CASC racing community which I belong to! You definately DON'T have a clue what YOU are talking about.

5. Reread your posts from the beginning bro. You weren't exactly polite. More like you wanted to act like hawt sh--! But I went along with it and had my fun.

6. You sure act like you did.....at least with this topic.

ANYWAYZZZ...I took back those personal attacks.

Chill out and keep rocking!

Old 05-17-2006, 12:24 AM
wow this thread died real fast.
please move it to the classified section where buyers will take notice if you want to sell, just take in mind that this is the Canadian board; but I think the classifieds section will help u out a lot more

Old 05-17-2006, 10:25 AM
There are some bugs with the classifieds right now.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:46 AM
if he doesn't even know HFP is made by honda, he has some issues

-joe

Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 PM
HFP are factory rims made by Honda's tuning department.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Retired Moderator
hmmm I find it hard to justify the HFP wheels if you got a sport. First off, you already get 15" alloys with the sport, and they do look good.

If you were to get the HFP wheels option, thats like $1348 AND they take your sport wheels. You don't get both sets. It is counted as an upgrade. Same deal with the Car Buff package. They are charging you $2525 for the HFP rims, muffler, grille, and some interior bits.

I just bought a set of Enkei 17" rims for $1400 and I get to keep my sport wheels. On top of that, I got an axle back Wagolis for $450. Adding it up, I've spent $1800 for two upgrades that I think are much better than the HFP options. The grille doesn't appeal to me, nor their shift knob. I'm considering the interior kit, but it's not on my priority list.

Sorry about the little rant, but I just can't see why anyone would want to get the HFP gear, it is overpriced and just doesn't look as good as if you were to go out and source your own parts!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
on one hand he is dissing aftermarket wheels, saying the fitment isn't good and you need hub centric rings..

then on the other hand, he wants to get aftermarket wheels, etc..

what a hyprocrite

-joe

Old 05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Retired Moderator
on one hand he is dissing aftermarket wheels, saying the fitment isn't good and you need hub centric rings..

then on the other hand, he wants to get aftermarket wheels, etc..

what a hyprocrite

-joe
me? I said that?? I was just saying that Hondas factory stuff is a ripoff! I never dissed aftermarket stuff!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
^^ no no, he was talking about the user who started the thread.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Retired Moderator
oh...lol yes...I shoulda put my post somewhere else...

Old 05-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, a buddy of mine just purchased an Acura TL Dynamic A-Spec. It came with the stock 17” rims and with the A-Spec 18” rims installed.

Same goes for the HPF rims, the dealer should be returning the original wheels and tires. Odds are they won’t unless the purchaser asks for them.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Retired Moderator
I've had a lot of friends who upgraded their wheels at the dealership and never recieved their stock wheels back. I guess you have to ask for them otherwise they just keep them :S

Quick Reply: NEW Fit Sport WHEELS and Tires for sale!