Officials move to BAN RAVES from Coliseum

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree with Jason lol I went to edc I was sober n was still having a fun time jammin out haha plus Who buys these kids their tickets? N who drops them off?? N half the females there were under 21 n half naked like really?!? Has neone considered the lack of parenting being at fault..way to kill it for everyone =[

Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
2 Nights ago I was hanging out with my friends who just went to EDC and this one guy was TWACKED... I was a little scared. He was listening to techno music on youtube and there was no video, just a picture of the artist but he kept STARING at the picture while the screen was like 4 inches from his face. I tried to ask him questions and he'd just mumble a few short phrases and go back to his "trance" (PUN INTENDED!).
Jason you crack me up man. EDC was alright, I felt that Above and Beyond could have played so much more from Anjunadeep Vol. 2 but it was still chill, as far as the girl dying, its unfortunate but she did it to herself. I think it's a stupid reason to ban raves because of one girl's poor judgment. I mean look at huge events like ozzzfest and even warp tour. People get taken to the hospital for everything ranging from OD's to violent attacks. If you put large number's of people in groups with anything your going to have the possibility for injury and/ or death. Maybe you guys remember this Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede
Does this mean you ban black Friday? No, it just means better precautions need to be in place with crowds. Anyone that went last year can attest that the stadium was at its max then, to do it at the same location was just poor planning and judgment this year. I hope they move it instead of banning it.

Oh and just a stupid stat I figured, 185,000 Attended roughly 125 taken to the hospital equates to 0.06756756756756757% taken away.

Last edited by Lunar_GD3; 07-05-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 AM
^the Rave scene has never been popular with law enforcement because of the drug culture that goes with it. Also the disillusioned youth that believe in PLUR and bs like that.

If people admit what it is and act responsibly while there then there are no issues.

People goto raves to listen to electronic music and some go to do drugs. It's the facts of it.

Some people can do it smartly and some are there for the first time acting like idiots.

Add more security. Work closer with law enforcement. Raise the minimum age to 18.

Problem solved.