Just Installed my FlyAudio Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Just Installed my FlyAudio Navigation

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my new navigation/dvd/mp3/touchscreen etc

Fit and Finish: Looks good or better then stock. The Dash sits flush and the colors match. Couldn't tell if it was aftermarket or not.
Sound quality: Just as good or a little better then stock.
Screen quality: Haven't seen too many,but looks good to me. 3 levels of brightness

Overall, I like the headunit. Easy to use. Starts up in less then 5 secs. I planning to change the navi program to something else though. I'm going to try and see which is best. The navi program that comes stock, likes to direct me to local streets.

I wrote this in a hurry , please comment if you want to know some more about the unit.

Thanks to Mat over @ Automax for the installation and the unit.

AutoMax's website for more info.
FlyAudio Multimedia GPS System, Honda 2009 Fit

Mat @ AutoMax
(714) 720 -2797

If you're interested call and tell him James with The UPS Store sent ya!

Stock Photo

Start up Has a Honda Logo on first start up screen then the safety warning screen. Safety screen goes away after a couple of seconds.

Here is the Menu Screen, waiting for firmware update so time can show 12hr instead of 24hr

DVD/MP3 screen . They share the same screen Dvd wont play windows movie files and mp4 formats.

TPMS screen, I haven't figured out how to work it just yet.

Setup Screen

Radio screen. Has 6 preset for FM1/2 and AM

Ipod Controls. I don't have an Ipod, I had one, but I sold it two weeks later and bought a creative mp3 player

Navi Start up after the annoying safety warning.Turn by turn directions w/ sexy female robotic voice.

Comes with ipod hookup, usb and rca's

SD card reader , you can upload different navigation engines.

Bluetooth and GPS modules

Bluetooth Screen, sounds pretty clear and connects with no problems to my Blackberry 8830

DVD Screen, playing Ironman

Say hi to Tony Stark

I will add more pictures of the install process after I re-size them.

Last edited by monkeyboi; 05-01-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
All I see are red x.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
^^^ I don't even see those.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Sai
looks pretty nice, I just wish the orange could be a different color.. blue or red to match the interior.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:25 PM
How much did it cost? Thinking about getting one now.

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh dizzam. I'll re-host them on a different server this when I get home. I think they retail for $999 or somewhere close to that. Give Mat a call and he'll take care of you.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Problems?

Originally Posted by monkeyboi
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my new navigation/dvd/mp3/touchscreen etc

Fit and Finish: Looks good or better then stock. The Dash sits flush and the colors match. Couldn't tell if it was aftermarket or not.
Sound quality: Just as good or a little better then stock.
Screen quality: Haven't seen too many,but looks good to me. 3 levels of brightness

Overall, I like the headunit. Easy to use. Starts up in less then 5 secs. I planning to change the navi program to something else though. I'm going to try and see which is best. The navi program that comes stock, likes to direct me to local streets.

I wrote this in a hurry , please comment if you want to know some more about the unit.

Thanks to Mat over @ Automax for the installation and the unit.

AutoMax's website for more info.
FlyAudio Multimedia GPS System, Honda 2009 Fit

Mat @ AutoMax
(714) 720 -2797

If you're interested call and tell him James with The UPS Store sent ya!

Stock Photo

Start up Has a Honda Logo on first start up screen then the safety warning screen. Safety screen goes away after a couple of seconds.

Here is the Menu Screen, waiting for firmware update so time can show 12hr instead of 24hr

DVD/MP3 screen . They share the same screen Dvd wont play windows movie files and mp4 formats. I had to convert to Dvix to play videos.

TPMS screen, I haven't figured out how to work it just yet.

Setup Screen

Radio screen. Has 6 preset for FM1/2 and AM

Ipod Controls. I don't have an Ipod, I had one, but I sold it two weeks later and bought a creative mp3 player

Navi Start up after the annoying safety warning.Turn by turn directions w/ sexy female robotic voice.

Comes with ipod hookup, usb and rca's

SD card reader , you can upload different navigation engines.

Bluetooth and GPS modules

Bluetooh Screen, sounds pretty clear and connects with no problems to my Blackberry 8830

DVD Screen, playing Ironman

Say hi to Tony Stark

I will add more pictures of the install process after I re-size them.
I don't see any images either. Can you repost? What is the size of this radio? Is it a full double din? What problems did you have for installation? Did the old radio come out easily? Did you break any clips or replaceable parts taking the old one out?

Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Updated with pictures. Sorry it took so long. I work 2 jizzobs.

Youtube Linky

YouTube - AutomaxService's Channel

Old 05-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by einstein77
I don't see any images either. Can you repost? What is the size of this radio? Is it a full double din? What problems did you have for installation? Did the old radio come out easily? Did you break any clips or replaceable parts taking the old one out?

Its a Full double din unit and no dash kit is required like with other aftermarket units. Installation was left to the pros. The stock unit is pretty easy to un-install. The only thing I see might take some time is the back up camera if you choose to install one. I still need to resize the pre-install pictures.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Wow is all I can say.

Originally Posted by monkeyboi
Its a Full double din unit and no dash kit is required like with other aftermarket units. Installation was left to the pros. The stock unit is pretty easy to un-install. The only thing I see might take some time is the back up camera if you choose to install one. I still need to resize the pre-install pictures.
I got the pictures this time. Thanks. What a beauty!!!!!! Amazing!!! I didn't know that they actually had one that had the TPMS info displayed. Wow!!! Why didn't you need a dash kit?... Wasn't the original radio single din with a narrow port in front?

Old 05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I got the pictures this time. Thanks. What a beauty!!!!!! Amazing!!! I didn't know that they actually had one that had the TPMS info displayed. Wow!!! Why didn't you need a dash kit?... Wasn't the original radio single din with a narrow port in front?
The FlyAudio replaces basically the whole entire stock piece. it's hard to tell for anyone that doesn't have a Fit that's its an aftermarket unit. Color matched and fits like stock.

Stock Dash

Stock Navi

Fly Audio

Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Beauty

That's a real great looking, perfect matching radio!!!! Does the screen tilt at all? How do you like the GPS software?... What brand maps does it use?.... TomTom, Garmin, etc.????

Old 05-04-2010, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
if something like that was avail for the gd, i'd be very interested in something like that

Old 05-04-2010, 04:56 AM
Sai
That's a real great looking, perfect matching radio!!!! Does the screen tilt at all? How do you like the GPS software?... What brand maps does it use?.... TomTom, Garmin, etc.????
From what I've read on it it uses anything really.. So you can choose either TomTom, Garmin, or whatever other one you'd like to use.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sai
From what I've read on it it uses anything really.. So you can choose either TomTom, Garmin, or whatever other one you'd like to use.
True! I have the one that came with the unit, might change it up soon.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
It doesn't tilt, but it is recessed and there are brightness adjustments you can make. You can also leave the screen on auto, so the brightness changes accordingly.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for posting this. I just bought one thru Mat at Automax, I can't wait for it to get here. The fit and finish of the FlyAudio looks way better than the stock navi, and for a GREAT price too. I can't wait to get it tomorrow!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Automax

Originally Posted by kman
Thanks for posting this. I just bought one thru Mat at Automax, I can't wait for it to get here. The fit and finish of the FlyAudio looks way better than the stock navi, and for a GREAT price too. I can't wait to get it tomorrow!
Sounds good.

Last edited by einstein77; 05-12-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
looks neat. the tmps screen would be awesome if you could figure out how to link it up.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Just installed my FlyAudio. What a breeze that was. Everything was plug and play and it popped right in. The iPod interface and GPS are definitely my favorite features so far! Mat @ Automax provided AWESOME tech support. He answered all my questions over the phone (on the weekend) and had a bunch of tips for the install. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Just Installed my FlyAudio Navigation