CHP SUCKS!!! VPB need assistance here! ONE MONTH DEADLINE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
My dad has 70% on his camry in the front and 5% everywhere else, but he never gets hassled. My grandma in her silver 92 camry has the same setup, but never gets pulled over either. The reason why i don't get that same setup is because it looks ugly. I just dont like the two-shade tint thing going. I'd prefer it all the same shade, just to keep it consistent. But again, i knew that getting tint on my front windows so i took a risk with it.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikejet
One's own interpretation of a law being right or wrong won't matter to the police.

The law for no tint on the front windows makes perfect sense to me. At night a policeman walking up to a car with tint on the front windows and the back CANNOT SEE INTO THE VEHICLE. If they pulled over a violent criminal he could be hiding a weapon.

It's a safety issue I 100% support.

Like I stated before, if you choose to break the law then be prepared to bit the bullet and pay the consequences. If you feel a law is unjust, DO SOMETHING LEGAL about it. Believe it or not you can actually make changes in this system of ours.

Put yourself in a police officers shoes. Would you approach a car differently if it had tint there or not? Would you think the person is hiding something? How would it effect your attitude towards the individual inside?

People always get mad at the cops but don't realize how hard their job can be at times and how dangerous it is. I don't blame cops for being rude to some people considering all the flack they get from the general public.

Respect for the law and for authorities speaks volumes about an individual.
window tint laws are ridiculous! I have alot of police officer friends and they tell me the window tint laws have more to do with profiling then anything else. They use the guise of officer safety to keep it on the books to pull over vehicles to work into a vehicle search because they profile cars with tint as having drugs. If a violent criminal is going to pull a weapon on an officer it isnt going to matter if the windows are tinted or not.

Officers have been shot on vehicle stops from cars that didn't have tinted windows, so what are we going to do make cars with completely clear materials??? Show me an autopsy where window tint was the cause of death, window tint didn't kill anyone, it was most likely a gun, think about that. In my state, window tint is a 2 point moving violation!!! 2 points!!! a MOVING VIOLATION!!!!! for having window tint. That is absurdly ridiculous and even officers i've talked with have agreed. You can get a medical exception for window tint, but officers can still be d!cks and write you a ticket even though the laws states you can have window tint with a medical release from a doctor or optometrist. Even though you are following the law, they can still F with you about it which is B.S. Also why do police officers have window tint on their personal cars if it's so bad? I've seen that numerous times!!!!

As far as respecting authority, i have lots of friends and family members who are police officers. I understand what they go through and understand it isnt an easy job. Most police officers are fine upstanding individuals who use common sense on the job. Then there are the bad apples who have a personal agenda to shove it up everyone's arse who cause the general public to hate law enforcement officers. There are bigger problems going on then tinted windows on a Honda Fit, but police departments only make money writing tickets not helping people.
Respect is earned, Not given!!!

Last edited by hollywood7; 08-18-2010 at 11:39 PM.