CHP SUCKS!!! VPB need assistance here! ONE MONTH DEADLINE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dela
i'd just take off the tint and deal with it...

u can be like matt (1coolride) and just tint it after u get it passed lol.. although u risk getting another ticket...
I've done it once like that. Got it and removed it and got it put right back on once i cleared it.

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 04-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
i love college
EDIT: just kidding

Old 04-20-2010, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Com'on kool kevin you know right and you know wrong and what your putting out here is wrong and it may effect someone else's discission in the same spot your in, with their future. No quit cussing about it grow up and do the right thing, peel the tint.
see the drunk'n pimp in your sig. pic. you don't want to be that do ya?

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 04-20-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
is it tough to trade doors? i'd look into doing that instead (because trading plates is too risky, vin is right there)

Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Lord Help 'em!!

Originally Posted by accordguyintake
is it tough to trade doors? i'd look into doing that instead (because trading plates is too risky, vin is right there)
Hello you mean you'd take your doors off and put door on to save 20.00 ?????

Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
i just dont like taking things off once it's there. my mom had tint for a while and the drivers side wore out so we got 1 door replaced with the same exact tint from the same place. Now it's all miss-matched and ghetto.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
no need for the thread to be closed. what you are wanting to do is illegal and I want people to throw in their offerings.

and no, don't edit it because you think that by people offering up valuable suggestions, is interpreted into "trolling" by you.

Last edited by gimme; 04-20-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Com'on kool kevin you know right and you know wrong and what your putting out here is wrong and it may effect someone else's discission in the same spot your in, with their future. No quit cussing about it grow up and do the right thing, peel the tint.
see the drunk'n pimp in your sig. pic. you don't want to be that do ya?
Of course I know what's wrong and right. When i posted this thread I was pissed (obviously) like who wouldn't be. Now, the next day i thought about it once more with a clear mind and realized what I'm talking about is absolutely ridiculous. I know when I'm wrong and I'm admitting my guilt that I was wrong and I'm going to take full responsibility of my idiotic thoughts. Sorry FF the ticket took the best of me.

Originally Posted by accordguyintake
Yes switching doors is really hard. I thought about switching windows only, but that's waaaay too much work involved.

Originally Posted by gimme
no need for the thread to be closed. what you are wanting to do is illegal and I want people to throw in their offerings.

and no, don't edit it because you think that by people offering up valuable suggestions, is interpreted into "trolling" by you.
Again like I told Perrenoud Fit above, I know when i'm wrong and and i'm admitting my guilt right now to everybody on Fitfreak. Sorry, nobody was doing anything wrong but offering suggestions (which were all correct BTW) and I was wrong.

On the positive side, I finally picked up the fabulous wing from Red Ant so that's my new project.

SORRY FF!!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say what koolkevin is doing is perfectly fine. It's a case of civil disobedience. He doesn't believe in a riduclous law (and let's face it, it is a ridiculous law. That Cali son is hottttt!) so he has decided to work against the system. In my opinion, just because something is against the law, it doesn't make it wrong. I'm absolutely positive that some people on here smoke a few joints now and then. I don't because I'm not really into putting smoke into my lungs, but I fully support what they are doing to their bodies so long as it is responsible and doesn't harm or defraud anyone else.

This mentality of equating the law to what is "right" is a defeatist and "sheep" mentality. So long as koolkevin is willing to risk the consequences, I have no problems with it at all.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
^4 real

haha i would have rolled up to chp the first time with all my windows down and the switch removed

"oh i took it to the dealer for some kind of recall? something about the window switch igniting? they took off my switch and said they'd need to modify it with a shield to prevent damage" haha winnn

Old 04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by baylorbro
I'm going to go out on a limb and say what koolkevin is doing is perfectly fine. It's a case of civil disobedience. He doesn't believe in a riduclous law (and let's face it, it is a ridiculous law. That Cali son is hottttt!) so he has decided to work against the system. In my opinion, just because something is against the law, it doesn't make it wrong. I'm absolutely positive that some people on here smoke a few joints now and then. I don't because I'm not really into putting smoke into my lungs, but I fully support what they are doing to their bodies so long as it is responsible and doesn't harm or defraud anyone else.

This mentality of equating the law to what is "right" is a defeatist and "sheep" mentality. So long as koolkevin is willing to risk the consequences, I have no problems with it at all.
One's own interpretation of a law being right or wrong won't matter to the police.

The law for no tint on the front windows makes perfect sense to me. At night a policeman walking up to a car with tint on the front windows and the back CANNOT SEE INTO THE VEHICLE. If they pulled over a violent criminal he could be hiding a weapon.

It's a safety issue I 100% support.

Like I stated before, if you choose to break the law then be prepared to bit the bullet and pay the consequences. If you feel a law is unjust, DO SOMETHING LEGAL about it. Believe it or not you can actually make changes in this system of ours.

Put yourself in a police officers shoes. Would you approach a car differently if it had tint there or not? Would you think the person is hiding something? How would it effect your attitude towards the individual inside?

People always get mad at the cops but don't realize how hard their job can be at times and how dangerous it is. I don't blame cops for being rude to some people considering all the flack they get from the general public.

Respect for the law and for authorities speaks volumes about an individual.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
+1 to koolkevin for admitting an error in judgement -- something that can be really hard to do in a public forum like this.

I wonder how California is going to reconcile tinting with this:
The California Air Resources Board adopted a regulation that will require new cars sold in California starting in 2012 to have windows that reflect or absorb heat-producing rays from the sun. This will help keep cars cooler, increase their fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Full story: California Adopts Cooler Cars Regulation

I suppose it's possible to make an IR film that doesn't also tint the windows, but most cars that I have had for the past 20 years (Fit excepted) have come stock with tinted side windows.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikejet
One's own interpretation of a law being right or wrong won't matter to the police.

The law for no tint on the front windows makes perfect sense to me. At night a policeman walking up to a car with tint on the front windows and the back CANNOT SEE INTO THE VEHICLE. If they pulled over a violent criminal he could be hiding a weapon.

Like I stated before, if you choose to break the law then be prepared to bit the bullet and pay the consequences. If you feel a law is unjust, DO SOMETHING LEGAL about it. Believe it or not you can actually make changes in this system of ours.

Put yourself in a police officers shoes. Would you approach a car differently if it had tint there or not? Would you think the person is hiding something? How would it effect your attitude towards the individual inside?

People always get mad at the cops but don't realize how hard their job can be at times and how dangerous it is. I don't blame cops for being rude to some people considering all the flack they get from the general public.

Mike you are totally right. I know why Cali has the no front tint law in the first place, for the idiots that screwed it up for us hiding stuff behind tinted windows and shooting cops through the tint. It's definitely unfair to the people who use tint for what they are exactly intended to do, prevent UV rays from turning the inside into an oven and damaging everything inside.

One thing i always did when i got pulled over is to roll down my windows from the first time i see the sirens behind me. Then pull over and stick my hands out the window just to show that I am doing nothing with my hands. I have ALWAYS done that, and NEVER gotten stopped for tint. The tint ticket was at the CHP office where i couldn't tell the officer of my practice when getting pulled over.

They should change the law in california, that tint should be legal, but when you get pulled over you must roll down your windows and stick your hands out of the car. That makes perfect sense.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
tint is legal with a doctor's note. if you have melanoma or any other kind of skin cancer, the doctor can prescribe tint for your car.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
i think cops never got you for tint cuz he swears a criminal would ever drive a Fit

Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member

Civil disobedience is well documented throughout history as THE MOST EFFECTIVE way to change laws. To think that "you" can change laws in this country is absurd. There is no "you" anymore. There are corporations and lobbyists, so unless the tint lobby gets some power over the next few years that law is there to stay. I understand the reasoning of the law, but then again, it's an absolute bullshit reason. Should people not be allowed to wear clothes so that cops can make sure they don't have a piece on them? The simple fact is, that you should be able to be in comfortable in your own car. The cops have a dangerous job, but they are in fact, compensated for that risk. No one makes them choose their job.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by baylorbro
Civil disobedience is well documented throughout history as THE MOST EFFECTIVE way to change laws. To think that "you" can change laws in this country is absurd. There is no "you" anymore. There are corporations and lobbyists, so unless the tint lobby gets some power over the next few years that law is there to stay. I understand the reasoning of the law, but then again, it's an absolute bullshit reason. Should people not be allowed to wear clothes so that cops can make sure they don't have a piece on them? The simple fact is, that you should be able to be in comfortable in your own car. The cops have a dangerous job, but they are in fact, compensated for that risk. No one makes them choose their job.
In some cases yes "civil disobedience" has it's positive influence. But in this specific case I stand my ground.

Don't want your car to get hot? Get visors, crack the windows, and put up a sunshade.

Like stated, if you have need for it a doctor can prescribe window tint.

But if you don't need it then deal with it. I have NEVER been pulled over or gotten a ticket in my Fit.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
In some cases yes "civil disobedience" has it's positive influence. But in this specific case I stand my ground.

Don't want your car to get hot? Get visors, crack the windows, and put up a sunshade.

Like stated, if you have need for it a doctor can prescribe window tint.

But if you don't need it then deal with it. I have NEVER been pulled over or gotten a ticket in my Fit.
-knocks on wood- o_o

Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
I have 70% Solar Guard tint up front and haven't been hassled by the cops yet.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by LaZyBoI
-knocks on wood- o_o
No need, I don't go around knowingly breaking the law

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
I have 70% Solar Guard tint up front and haven't been hassled by the cops yet.
I know a lot of people with a significant difference from the front to back windows and they never get hassled either.

Quick Reply: CHP SUCKS!!! VPB need assistance here! ONE MONTH DEADLINE!