FML.. speeding ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DreaMv
soo i was on my way to peter's house to get my yellow fog lights and was cruising down the 22 east. im coming up to harbor and i have to get off (im in the 3rd lane) soo i accelerate to like 80ish to pass this big semi and big F-250, next thing i know i look in my rear view mirror and its a CHP motercycle with the lights on, at first i was like "OH FUCK!" and i change lane to see if he was for me, and he did... soo i pulled over and he gave me a big fat ticket.

said he clocked me at 86 on lidar.... i tried my hardest to make the ticket go away and let me slide...but he just cut me a brake and said i was going 81 so i wont have to charge me at a different level. he said something about the OC being diff then LA county. 74-79 is the forgivable and anything higher is traffic school and w/e

i thought it was retarded... he gave me my ticket, i signed and he told me to drive safe. i turned on my car and revved that ricer exhaust in his fking bike and left. god im mad >.> 3rd ticket so far.... and i rarely even speed. FML
Maybe using your head you could have been in the correct lane way before having to speed to cut off the semi and pickup eh?

I hate those AHs that wait til last second to change from inside to exit. Yes maybe occasionally someone not familiar may do it but if you know when the exit is coming up it is just plain dumbass driving and deserve the tickets.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Yeah, those cops are so stupid! Out trying to save lives and everything! The nerve of them! Don't they know that those posted limits are just SUGGESTIONS???? So what if I go over them by 10,20,30 MPH! I am only endangering myself! (and those other few unlucky drivers that happen to be near me)

Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Maybe using your head you could have been in the correct lane way before having to speed to cut off the semi and pickup eh?

I hate those AHs that wait til last second to change from inside to exit. Yes maybe occasionally someone not familiar may do it but if you know when the exit is coming up it is just plain dumbass driving and deserve the tickets.

Just my 2 cents.
i dont go to that neck of the woods. i live about 30 minutes from there, soooo that was pretty much my first time going that far on that freeway.

Originally Posted by brdss
Yeah, those cops are so stupid! Out trying to save lives and everything! The nerve of them! Don't they know that those posted limits are just SUGGESTIONS???? So what if I go over them by 10,20,30 MPH! I am only endangering myself! (and those other few unlucky drivers that happen to be near me)
thank you for indirectly calling me a dumbass idiot. i appreciate it alot dude!! youre soooo cool!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
I say this everytime someone post up a thread about how the hate the police and that stupid cop gave me a ticket.

1) Whose fault was it really?
2) Do no bash a person for doing his job, bottom line he had to do what was asked of him.
3) to dispute the Im not familiar with the area, thats why there are signs on the freeway that say "**** street 3mi" If you would have been paying attention to that you would have known to start merging over.

i thought it was retarded... he gave me my ticket, i signed and he told me to drive safe. i turned on my car and revved that ricer exhaust in his fking bike and left. god im mad >.> 3rd ticket so far.... and i rarely even speed. FML
Im sure revving got him good...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
I say this everytime someone post up a thread about how the hate the police and that stupid cop gave me a ticket.

1) Whose fault was it really?
2) Do no bash a person for doing his job, bottom line he had to do what was asked of him.
3) to dispute the Im not familiar with the area, thats why there are signs on the freeway that say "**** street 3mi" If you would have been paying attention to that you would have known to start merging over.
my dad is a deputy sheriff. i dont hate police officers, i hate Highway Patrol

the CHP on motorcycles give tickets... thats it. and the 22 is a tiny freeway like 3 lanes wide. my luck i didnt know where i was going reading mapquest on my phone.

im sorry im such an idiot guys!! /sarcasm

Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
dam dude. if your dads a cop, then why did you need advise? he should know all the trick in the book.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Speed limits are interesting. If you ascribe to the libertarian mentality that you should be able to do whatever you want so long as you're not endangering another person, then speed limits are quite subjective. Going 50MPH for one person might be more dangerous than going 50MPH for the other (in respect to endangering others). I believe I can handle higher speeds much better than say a 90 year old woman... so then why should I be held to the same speed limit?

Old 10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
dam dude. if your dads a cop, then why did you need advise? he should know all the trick in the book.

he wont tell me shit! haha. he says alll the loop holes that people think exist will eventually get caught and they will face even greater repercussions lmfao.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
well hopefully this loop hole wont close.

if it does, oh well. i never speed in my car,and thats the only thing im worried about getting caught on.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:06 AM

thank you for indirectly calling me a dumbass idiot. i appreciate it alot dude!! youre soooo cool!!!

Rarely speed, yet it is your 3rd ticket so far? You admit your were in violation, then you complain about getting the ticket? News flash! Don't "accelerate to like 80ish" then you will not have to worry about it!

Indirectly calling you a dumbass idiot? If the Nike fits....

As far as being cool, nobody can match up to you! After all, you revved up your ricer exhaust to show him how mad you were at him! That taught him a lesson, huh? I bet your dad is just so proud of you!

Old 10-06-2009, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
LOL Shit happens, just suck it up and move on. It doesn't matter if you were doing 66 or 166, you were still over the limit and you got busted. Don't want to stress about fines, insurance, and wasting time in court? Then slow down, the answer is so easy but people would rather make excuses about how they don't live there, I was passing, I was only doing X speed for a second, etc etc. It is what it is, karma decided to kick you in the groin that day.

BTW you are lucky the cop wasn't a total penis. That little stunt of yours of revving technically could get you cited. Some lame rule my gf showed me a while back. Not even sure if its legit anymore but I think its called "display of speed" or something dumb, translation, showing off, and was meant to help curb street racing. It's a lame rule so chances of getting dinged might be slim. But again, if the cop thinks you are being an ass and remembers the rule, you're dust. THINK before you act.

Not bagging on you or calling you out, just throwing in my two cents because I'm an old fart that's been there done that.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
i know i fucked up and own up to it call me ignorant or immature all you want..., no way am i trying to say i never caused this or the cop is hungry.

just thought id make a post, but if you guys enjoy bagging or calling me out for me just informing you guys or just my fellow fitfreak friends from the meets, go for it

Internetz FTW

Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Well you were cheap entertainment.

You could ask for donations.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
ohh man i want that laser radar thing, too bad its way outta my price range, anyone know of a similar cheaper one?

and if you cant beat them...you join them! Criminal Justice major!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
CHP give warnings all the time, you just have to work at a hospital, preferably in the E.R. My wife just got a warning for doing 80 in a 65 because when the cop walked up to her car she was in her scrubs. He actually opened the door and sat in the passenger seat for like 10 minutes, just to chat!
Huh he did what?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
f*ck it! THUG LIFE!!!

haha jk...

Old 10-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
all kidding aside...wtf is it with the whole emo thing.....FML??? not to mention the fact people have issues every now and again. but fuck my life? seriously? If i were your dad (who you say is a sherrif) i'd punch you in the mouth for "running with the bulls".....doing what everyone else is doing.

might as well say....EPIC FAIL while you're at it.....loser

Last edited by gimme; 10-10-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
what the fughh? im sorry mr mod. i seriously hate my life. im soo emo! i wanna slice my wrists! (vertically of course) KYS please<3

/kidding aside.

lmfao. net>rl

btw it was nice seeing you andrew at the meet today thankss for stopping by

Old 10-10-2009, 02:57 AM
i know i fucked up and own up to it call me ignorant or immature all you want..., no way am i trying to say i never caused this or the cop is hungry.

just thought id make a post, but if you guys enjoy bagging or calling me out for me just informing you guys or just my fellow fitfreak friends from the meets, go for it

Internetz FTW

No, you were not owning up to anything! That is the point! Read it real slow so you can understand it.

You were speeding.

You tried to make up excuses as to why you were speeding

You tried talking your way out of it with the CHP.

When that did not work, you acted like a child and had a temper tantrum.

You then come to the board and whine about how mad you are, call it retarded that you got a ticket (3rd one so far, right?) because you don't speed and then get upset when people call you out for it.

Did I miss anything?

Old 10-10-2009, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by brdss
No, you were not owning up to anything! That is the point! Read it real slow so you can understand it.

You were speeding.

You tried to make up excuses as to why you were speeding

You tried talking your way out of it with the CHP.

When that did not work, you acted like a child and had a temper tantrum.

You then come to the board and whine about how mad you are, call it retarded that you got a ticket (3rd one so far, right?) because you don't speed and then get upset when people call you out for it.

Did I miss anything?
nah pretty sure you got everything.

INTERNET THUGS!!!!! i gotta get my e-bulletproof vest on.

Quick Reply: FML.. speeding ticket.