puzzle question (literally..puzzle)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
puzzle question (literally..puzzle)

this should go in the wasteland/general discussion...but i figure i want to post on the socal section since im from around this area:

i am building a puzzle and i want to get it framed. My question to everyone is:

1. any recommendation on a framing shop? good quality and VERY AFFORDABLE? (this is a gift, so i want it fairly nice)

2. this is my first time actually framing a puzzle....is there any prep that i need to do? I know to build it on a piece of cardboard or something so it can be transferred..but after completion, do i need to put glue or something behind the puzzle to make it stick as one piece or will the framing place do it for me?

3. any tips for building a puzzle? hahaha.

4. lastly, i want to record myself building this as part of the gift...going with day 1, day 2...etc. is there any computer program out there (free) that is able to take a clip and fast forward it (sorta like someone recording a flower blooming and watching it fast forward)...not sure if im clear on this or not...

thanks everyone! appreciate it!

btw, i live in el monte/Rosemead area...so any shops around the 626 would be great!

Old 09-13-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Glueing it to a cardboard would be good so it can be handle during framing w/o it falling apart.
Aaron brothers(sp) and Michael's do framing.
You can take pics or vids and host it on site like Photobucket or Flickr.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Interesting post...

Here is what I would do:
I would build a puzzle on a giant construction paper or giant sheet of paper. After completion, I would put another giant sheet on top of the puzzle, then turn the whole puzzle upside down. Don't forget to fold the edges of the construction paper to prevent the puzzle from sliding out. Then tape the back with masking tape so the puzzle sticks together firmly. Then try to find a glass frame big enough to hole the puzzle so it looks like I put the whole puzzle together in the glass frame.