Tint Group Buy : Souther California (Orange County)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
Tint Group Buy : Souther California (Orange County)

Fellow Car Enthusiasts,

Wanted to set up a "Group Buy" for tint, so that we could get some more buying power, I've been thinking about this for a long time, and finally decided that in the middle of the summer, it would be the BEST time to do it.

Probably looking at around 130 from a place called Alpha Tint:

Alpha Tint
11793 Beach Blvd # 8
Stanton, CA 90680

(714) 379-2880‎

They Use Johnson Tint, which I think is pretty good stuff. Fits around socal have come here before!

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

"best tint"
"mickey6p's place?"
"100-120$ places"

If you're interested then post it up!

I think we have four cars so far

1. Fit - tofuman
2. Chirsng's fit
3. Chrisng's si
4. Chirsng's friend
5. 8th-cambodianricer (if the price is right)
6. 8th-sm2s - interested
7.8th -sm2s' altima friend- interested
8. 8th -kraziasian - if front windows
9. 8th csuf huntito - interested in ticket insurance.
10. fit even 2k - need to confirm with them.
11. fit - 08 nick fit - if they can do 75%
12. fit - andrewwdang - if they can remove + retint the whole thing.

We will probably go in the next few weeks to go get it tinted!

we will set the end of this GB by August 1st, so that we don't have to wait forever.

bump it viewed please!

Last edited by chrisng; 07-23-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:34 AM
cool! i did my shitty tint for 170 on some place across in n out. i might retint after i put on my spoiler, is there a life time warrenty on these?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evan_2k
cool! i did my shitty tint for 170 on some place across in n out. i might retint after i put on my spoiler, is there a life time warrenty on these?
haha which in n' out, there's like a billion? hmm yes lifetime warrentyits a pretty good place, azncarbos recommendended it to tofuman who recommended it to me. haha and now i'm recommending it to you!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member
im down IF I can get 75% tint. not alot of places have it that light. I hate my dark tint

Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08_Nick_Fit
im down IF I can get 75% tint. not alot of places have it that light. I hate my dark tint
oh dang 75% i aplaud you for following the law!!!

but yeah i'll check with them tomorrow if they have something like that.

why so light? is the heat rejection just as good? i know absoluetley nothing about this, but i know i love a good deal.

we're gonna aim for 120 ish the more people we get the cheaper it will be!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 AM
5 Year Member
Its not following the law its just that it looks clean and protects a little. Plus i do canyon runs and its hard to see out the windows at times. And another thing is that Idk my idea of going more jdm isnt dark tint. And PLUS!! I think it looks cool when some1 sees in the hatch and see that I have the rear strut bar and the c pillar. soo ehh. I just want to re tint.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
Its not following the law its just that it looks clean and protects a little. Plus i do canyon runs and its hard to see out the windows at times. And another thing is that Idk my idea of going more jdm isnt dark tint. And PLUS!! I think it looks cool when some1 sees in the hatch and see that I have the rear strut bar and the c pillar. soo ehh. I just want to re tint.

oh dang. haha canyon runs where do you go i like blackstar canyon, its really fun. hmm yeah i feel you i'm probaly gonna go with 35%, HAHA i just put in a rear strut bar CUSCO ftw! you have the c pillar bar? can you feel the differece? i wanna get a sway bar next.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
I run gmr but its been hot lately cus thre was a few crashes. and I have the tanabe rear strut bar. i wish I got that cusco!! Ohh and the c pillar doesnt make that much difference IMO. But I think with the other strut bars in all it makes a diffference together. Get the progress rear sway bar I think it works good!!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
I run gmr but its been hot lately cus thre was a few crashes. and I have the tanabe rear strut bar. i wish I got that cusco!! Ohh and the c pillar doesnt make that much difference IMO. But I think with the other strut bars in all it makes a diffference together. Get the progress rear sway bar I think it works good!!

yeah together if i can find one cheap i'll jump on it, dodoe nobody is selling the progress, and i never buy antyhing suspension related new.. guess i'll just have to wait .. do you ahve one?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
I could of sworn i saw some1 selling one in fs section for like 120 or 130 and yeah Im riunning one. I love it!! i dont have it on my car right now tho.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
I could of sworn i saw some1 selling one in fs section for like 120 or 130 and yeah Im riunning one. I love it!! i dont have it on my car right now tho.

how much are they wroth? dodoe 120, 130, dang i'd jump on that. haha WANNA SELL ME YOURS? haha why'd you take it off? hahah i'd pay for you tint, as a trade! ahhaa.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
Theyre worth around there but Ive seen them on here for cheap but only like twice and they go quick! and I took mine off cus I was gpnna try n paint it but its going back on. Sorry not for sale!! Buy this members RSB https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...hread-2-a.html

Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
ive worked at a tint shop before...johnson tint is NOT that great...they turn purple after 3 years or so..yes they have lifetime warranty for fading and bubbling..but once it turns purple, u have to go through the hassle of removing it..and the rear is a pain esp. with the defrosters.

ask for solar gard tint. my .02

Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo
ive worked at a tint shop before...johnson tint is NOT that great...they turn purple after 3 years or so..yes they have lifetime warranty for fading and bubbling..but once it turns purple, u have to go through the hassle of removing it..and the rear is a pain esp. with the defrosters.

ask for solar gard tint. my .02
thanks for the imput, i couldnt' find much about johnson, but tha'ts the first bad thing i've heard, but lifetime warentee, and its gonna be pretty cheap.. so i dunno i wouldn't mind.

is solar guard a type of tint from johnson?

thanks for your imput moomoo.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
no problem.

solar gard is another brand of film. Window Film | Window Tinting | Solar Gard Window Film

solar gard is a brand under the Bekaert family. when i was working at the tint shop, i was told that johnson tint are dyed..so they fade quite fast, but solar gard are metal based..so it wont fade.

i know a lot of people uses johnson and they are the most wel-known..but being well known doesnt mean its the best. my parents' cars and my own 09 fit uses solar gard film. my dad's camry does not have any fading or bubbling for the past 5 years.

bt $130 is pretty good. the tint shop i worked at charges $195 for our fits.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo
no problem.

solar gard is another brand of film. Window Film | Window Tinting | Solar Gard Window Film

solar gard is a brand under the Bekaert family. when i was working at the tint shop, i was told that johnson tint are dyed..so they fade quite fast, but solar gard are metal based..so it wont fade.

i know a lot of people uses johnson and they are the most wel-known..but being well known doesnt mean its the best. my parents' cars and my own 09 fit uses solar gard film. my dad's camry does not have any fading or bubbling for the past 5 years.

bt $130 is pretty good. the tint shop i worked at charges $195 for our fits.
haha yeah it was a good deal, and i figure it'll keep well b/c i talked to azn carbos and he said that its okay. i might go with their ceramic tint, but i'm really wary of the metallic tint, b/c i hate when my cell phone/ gps/ radio doesn't work. haha hmm.. haha my dad did a tint job himself when i was really young and it turned purple nad bubbled, haha my friends called my dad's old school 88' civic the purple tint car!

Old 07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
The only tint experience I've had previously was on my EP3 - that cost me like $215 as a 'homie-hook-up' price. so $130 seems more than reasonable to me.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
The only tint experience I've had previously was on my EP3 - that cost me like $215 as a 'homie-hook-up' price. so $130 seems more than reasonable to me.

hahaah for 215 you could almost get two actually my goal is 100 bucks each. but i think that might be a little ambitious. but yeah that's averaging the prices that i've seen so far from other people who went to alpha tint... haha we need more exposure!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
bump it up! gonna call for into today!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
I'm definetly down when I come back from iraq in october if still available. I want to do my front 2 windows so they can match my tinted rears.

Quick Reply: Tint Group Buy : Souther California (Orange County)