(6/11) 1st Fit Meet! *UPDATE 6/11*

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by dacalac
when you go in, make a left and follow that fork up and you'll see a section that has a raised BBQ area and separate parking area from the main road the leads to the back. Perfect place for us Freakers!
Is that the road that leads to a soccer field and ends out on a street exiting the park? If so, that road had not been newly paved, which is good since there's less crap on it. Plus, there's no harsh speed bumps there as well.

Old 06-10-2006, 05:04 AM
One more day before the First Fit Meet!!! I can hardly wait.

So whats the plan for tomorrow? Where in the park are we meeting? Are we bringing anything?

Old 06-10-2006, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Papichat
One more day before the First Fit Meet!!! I can hardly wait.

So whats the plan for tomorrow? Where in the park are we meeting? Are we bringing anything?
doesnt look like it. i think we re all just gonna meet up then find a place to grub. i was thinking thai food. anyone else? then after food consumption go check out the s2k meet going on down the street.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
tmrw is the big day. everyone knows wut time and knows how to get there right!?!??! also dont forget to bring cash. to exchange for food.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey, just a heads-up here!!!

ezekielwhore just gave me a call and said that the park has a small entrance fee. He wasn't sure if you guys would be cool with that or not. I don't know how much the fee is, not much I'd gather, but it gives you guys something to think about.

If this doesn't work for you guys, post a place near by to meet. If you guys don't have another park or something near by that you guys would rather meet at, everyone will probably just end up meeting at Life Plaza.

He'll post more info when he gets back home.

Last edited by cvc2nr; 06-10-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
The entrance fee is prob ok with me. How do they charge? Per car, per person, or something like that?

Old 06-10-2006, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cvc2nr
Hey, just a heads-up here!!!

ezekielwhore just gave me a call and said that the park has a small entrance fee. He wasn't sure if you guys would be cool with that or not. I don't know how much the fee is, not much I'd gather, but it gives you guys something to think about.

If this doesn't work for you guys, post a place near by to meet. If you guys don't have another park or something near by that you guys would rather meet at, everyone will probably just end up meeting at Life Plaza.

He'll post more info when he gets back home.
wow wid the quickness. ok so i just got home in some lame traffic. but anyway. i went by the park and theres a $4 vehicle entrance fee. i dont really mind. but pretty much the plan was to meet at the park. take some photos. cruise down to get food (most likely life plaza but we will decide when we meet up). then after grubbage head down to the s2k meet. if most of us dont wanna meet at the park we can just meet up in a parking lot of one of the business areas across from Speed Zone. sorry for the short notice. but thats why i sent people my cell number but if i havent changed the location by tmrw morning then we re still meeting up at that park. i probably wont be able to get online tonight to check this thread. if you guys want call me later tonight and tell me wut people suggest. call me anyway if youre confused bout this (again im sorry) thanks.

Last edited by ezekielwhore; 06-10-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
i went by the park and theres a $4 vehicle entrance fee.
The $4 is ok with me.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
You know, there weren't anyone there to collect the entrance fee for the few time that I went to that park...was somebody there to collect when you were there?

Besides, there's another entrance from the side. If you're coming up from Azusa ave. off the freeway exit, make a left at Colima, then you'll see the park entrance at your right side. If you keep going, you'll reach an intersection where you can make a right. This will take you to the side of the park, make a right turn at the first driveway you see and you'll reach the soccer field, which also has parking.

Last edited by dancingsun; 06-11-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dancingsun
You know, there weren't anyone there to collect the entrance fee for the few time that I went to that park...was somebody there to collect when you were there?
yea there was. i tried to see if she would just let me drive a lap around so i could find a spot. but she wouldnt even let me.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:21 AM
yea there was. i tried to see if she would just let me drive a lap around so i could find a spot. but she wouldnt even let me.
Oh crap...

Well, we could see if the side path works or not, there's no booth there so nobody can stop you. However, that soccer field might not be part of the park, since the pavement is not being re-done there, and there's a gate (was open when I went there) that can close off the route into the park's main road.

Life plaza, that's the one in Diamond Plaza right? If so, you're not going to find parking there during noon.

We could always meet at the mall, since there's plenty of parking there and it's an easy target to find (just right across from the park).

Old 06-11-2006, 02:12 AM
We could always meet at the mall, since there's plenty of parking there and it's an easy target to find (just right across from the park).
I think mall security might not let us hang there very long. About a year ago, I was with a group of friends waiting in the parking structure for another group for only about 20 mins before security came. The guards told us that we can't stand around in the parking structure. They said to either go in the mall or leave. This was at about 6-8pm (not sure cause it was a year ago, but I remember that it was night time) and the parking structure wasn't even fully occupied.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Papichat
I think mall security might not let us hang there very long. About a year ago, I was with a group of friends waiting in the parking structure for another group for only about 20 mins before security came. The guards told us that we can't stand around in the parking structure. They said to either go in the mall or leave. This was at about 6-8pm (not sure cause it was a year ago, but I remember that it was night time) and the parking structure wasn't even fully occupied.
Hmm...well, we have walmart right around the corner...but in either case we at least need a place to rendezvous if the park is not available, and I think the mall is a good place, we can then head to other spots from there (edit: nevermind, just remembered you said you couldn't even wait for 20 mins). Or we could try costco's parking lot, although they're pretty full on the weekends. There's even a target in that area as well. There's also parking spaces for a business building complex in the area which will most likely be empty during the weekends (I'll try to find the address).

Last edited by dancingsun; 06-11-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:39 AM
Just realized that business complex that I was talking about is the same one that mike mentioned.

Here's the address:
17800 Castleton St Ste 188
City Of Industry, CA 91748

Old 06-11-2006, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:03 AM
..., and I think the mall is a good place, we can then head to other spots from there (edit: nevermind, just remembered you said you couldn't even wait for 20 mins)...
Yeah man, mall security doesn't like people loitering (waiting for friends).

Old 06-11-2006, 04:07 AM
Just realized that business complex that I was talking about is the same one that mike mentioned.

Here's the address:
17800 Castleton St Ste 188
City Of Industry, CA 91748
Thanks for the address.

BUMP!!!!!

Old 06-11-2006, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
MEETING AT PARK!! sorry =(

bump!!

Last edited by ezekielwhore; 06-11-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
k i am leaving base. i hope everyone will make it and not get lost. everyone has my number. so call me if you get lost or confused.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
MEETING AT PARK!! sorry =(

bump!!

MEETING AT THE PARK!!!!!

BUMP!!!!!

Quick Reply: (6/11) 1st Fit Meet! *UPDATE 6/11*