Eradication of the front license plate in California (Petition)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Eradication of the front license plate in California (Petition)

Note: This is a repost from the 350z forums and thought i would post it here.

Saw one of these for another state and wished California had it and here it is.
It will take 15 secs of your time.

I know most of us HATE the thought of a front licenses plate on the front of our cars especially the FIT cause of that ugly hole it makes.

Eradication of California's Front License Plate Petition

Thank you.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately, online petitions NEVER work. It would be better to get someone to draft an actual ballot submission to repeal the law and then start a grassroots effort to collect real signatures to put it on the ballot. Then people would be able to vote for it at the next election and it would be real.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
^agree, sorry it wont work.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
DONE!

I dont have one anyway

Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
front license plates were intended for the safety of the public not as a hinderance!...............

hope everyone who signed the petition used their spam email address

Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Fa1
How will people get caught running red lights with no front plates?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
^^ rear plates? cause my mom ran a red light 2 weeks ago and she had no front plates. but they got the rear plates.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
who cares about a license plate? there is a bill entered to make marijuana legal in california because we are so broke. go sign that petition!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
^^ so everyone can smoke away their problems LoL

seriously though as great as it might sound for all the pot smokers, there's a $50.00 tax per ounce... only the rich get smoke legally

Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
thats only like $6.25 per eighth. and if they are going to calculate it on black market prices and not the cost of growing, its bullshit but you still would only be paying like 16 percent sales tax. small price when in contrast, a ticket for possesion of less than an ounce can cost $350 and up, ill take the small price hike.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
I signed that thing back in 2004. No deal.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
thats only like $6.25 per eighth. and if they are going to calculate it on black market prices and not the cost of growing, its bullshit but you still would only be paying like 16 percent sales tax. small price when in contrast, a ticket for possesion of less than an ounce can cost $350 and up, ill take the small price hike.
i'm not a pot smoker, haven't even had a single puff in my lifetime. but, if you think the tax isn't a big deal, then that's another reason why i would vote to pass the legalization of kush as well

Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
lol it doesnt matter if pot is legal or not, people will still find ways to grow it and slang it. no matter the cost! cause from what my friends told me and what i've found out, the price of pot has never changed on the streets for i think 10 years now. its still $20 for a dub. =] and most people get hook ups so instead of getting .6 they get like .8. =] =]

Old 02-25-2009, 01:57 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
its a fact that the price per ounce of marijuana has followed the trend of the price of gold per ounce. ITS GREEN GOLD! and its a renewable resource. the california climate is perfect for it. also, it would be nice to not feel like an outlaw everytime you get pulled over and your car smells like a skunks ass.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
^^ thats true.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Crying over front plates and legalization of Grass? Come to Ohio. California's attempt's to reconcile their fiscal responsibilities by legalizing marijuana seem trivial in comparison to what I see daily. The city where I live is trying desperately to find a way to balance the line between the haves and the have-nots in a city that is hemorrhaging jobs. The crack heads I see daily keep commuting daily to the richer areas of town to panhandle or just plain steal money from people.
We have gang problems, rampant racism (from both sides), murders (one just happened across the street from where I work last night), and the largest population of recovering heroin addicts per capita of any city in the U.S.A. (as of the end of 2008). On top of that the weather sucks and people love: (In order of relevance) Nascar, the Big Three, Jesus, Budweiser (Only because Jesus doent make beer) and Drag racing. Now tell me again what is wrong with California's front plate laws and Legalizing weed?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
^^lol...exactly we Californians are different from Ohioans, you guys started off a bad state. As for California, we have a different mind set, yeah we have the same crack heads, rich bitches, and our fair share of jesus lovers, beer drinkers and all types of car enthusiast, but hey thats us. every state is different. the reason why we want to legalize weed in California is because out weather is damn near PERFECT at growing weed. if you ask me, and i've smoked quite a bit of weed, Kali Kush is the most dankest of all kush to me. when in season that ish is DANK AS F*CK! lol and for the front plate law, we Californians also have some clean rides because our roads arnt as F*cked up as most states so we dont have to worry about messing up our rides, and since our roads are pretty good, we dont wanna mess up the "Clean" look of the car by slappin on a front plate...which sometimes means drilling a few ugly ass holes. so YOU tell me whats wrong with California's front plate law and Legalizing weed, cause from what im looking at, you live in Ohio and i live in Killa Kali were the good Kush is grown!

Side Note: im not being mean, im just saying if you dont live in a state dont abruptly say your state is this and that cause we all have a different mind set and im just trying to back up my kush =]

Thank you.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Seems like a lot of people need a re-education on the basics of how to properly get involved in local state politics.

On a side note I would support the legalization of marijuana if tobacco was made illegal.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kittengolf
Crying over front plates and legalization of Grass? Come to Ohio. California's attempt's to reconcile their fiscal responsibilities by legalizing marijuana seem trivial in comparison to what I see daily. The city where I live is trying desperately to find a way to balance the line between the haves and the have-nots in a city that is hemorrhaging jobs. The crack heads I see daily keep commuting daily to the richer areas of town to panhandle or just plain steal money from people.
We have gang problems, rampant racism (from both sides), murders (one just happened across the street from where I work last night), and the largest population of recovering heroin addicts per capita of any city in the U.S.A. (as of the end of 2008). On top of that the weather sucks and people love: (In order of relevance) Nascar, the Big Three, Jesus, Budweiser (Only because Jesus doent make beer) and Drag racing. Now tell me again what is wrong with California's front plate laws and Legalizing weed?
front plates are trivial in relevance to all the other problems in cali. between the budget, the governator, the failing real estate market, mandatory ferlows for government jobs, effing crazy ass tax increases, small businesses tanking, thousands upon thousands of lay offs, identity theft, gang violence, women with 14 + children living off of taxpayer money and asking for donations VIA website, etc. hell, there's even a sizeable drop in illegal immigrants because our state is no longer appealing to them; no jobs = no reason to cross.

what i'm trying to get at is that EVERY state has their own shit to deal with. there's no use in belittling ones' problems with another. if legal kush and no front plates make us happy during this depression, why not?