Wrench meet re take?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
yeah, i talked to you. will gave me the phone

trust me, no getting the boot at my house....I own it!
home owners association? lol jk

Old 09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
actually i do have association.....and the neighborhood nominated me for the board ROFL

Old 09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Holla!!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
Well, it looks like I'll have something to do at the wrench meet aside from drinking beer. I just ordered $90 worth of LEDs for my "makeup light" mod and others. Guess I'll bring my soldering iron.

--Barry

Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by bdrake
Well, it looks like I'll have something to do at the wrench meet aside from drinking beer. I just ordered $90 worth of LEDs for my "makeup light" mod and others. Guess I'll bring my soldering iron.

--Barry
Whats a make up mod? lol, If I go I can give you a hand if needed. I got loads of leds in my car, anyone from the last meet that saw will vouch for all the lights I got.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lunar_GD3
Whats a make up mod? lol, If I go I can give you a hand if needed. I got loads of leds in my car, anyone from the last meet that saw will vouch for all the lights I got.
yeah, he has quite the shi tload

i think a makeup mod is kinda like when chicks use makeup to look prettier? i dunno though

Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM

i think a makeup mod is kinda like when chicks use makeup to look prettier? i dunno though
Best way to describe it, My mom calls it a light bright. Like the old toy with the colored pegs that you used to make bright and colorfull designs.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member

Give the man a cigar!
My wife and I go dancing on Fridays. We always stop and get dinner on the way. Once we get to the club, my wife pulls down the visor (I've already put a mirror on it) and puts on her lipstick (no point in doing that *before* dinner). With the single dome light, she can hardly see, so I'm planning on installing a 6-LED strip to give her some light. While I'm at it, I'll put in some map lights and switches next to the mirror mount.

I like the way Fit Of Rage set up his headlights. I'm thinking of doing a mod similar to that in both the heads and tails, so I bought some more LEDs to try that, along with the door sills and footwells.

Lunar, I'll be glad for any advice you can give me!

--Barry

Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Give the man a cigar!
My wife and I go dancing on Fridays. We always stop and get dinner on the way. Once we get to the club, my wife pulls down the visor (I've already put a mirror on it) and puts on her lipstick (no point in doing that *before* dinner). With the single dome light, she can hardly see, so I'm planning on installing a 6-LED strip to give her some light. While I'm at it, I'll put in some map lights and switches next to the mirror mount.

I like the way Fit Of Rage set up his headlights. I'm thinking of doing a mod similar to that in both the heads and tails, so I bought some more LEDs to try that, along with the door sills and footwells.

Lunar, I'll be glad for any advice you can give me!

--Barry
Id do a led dome before a strip. Better control of the light beam. As for the map lights id personally go this route
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ight#post94364 If you read it all the way through its the same as the Honda element light.
The headlight mod requires you to get your existing headlights open, which im not sure if gimme is cool with you doing in his oven. To attach the lights as fit of rage did youll need a clear silicon with a high heat range(going to be in the sun and your halogens will make this area very warm) and will take around 12 hours to set properly. As for the tails, same thing pretty much from what i know. Personally the ones in the tail sounds like a bad thing. they will be distracting to other drivers. Led tail lights would be much better since they have a resistor to keep the light minimal til you hit the brake and they get full power.
The foot wells are easy. But have yet to do the door sills, shouldnt be hard though.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
we can do a set of headlights...not a biggie. i will just need to open the windows in my house is all

Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
we can do a set of headlights...not a biggie. i will just need to open the windows in my house is all
Seriously? Damn I really need to show up now. I didnt get to do mine black so perfect opportunity. Anyone going that knows how? I know jason put his together after we all left but am unsure if his are holding up. I wantd to do the leds in it as well, but the curing time of the silicon put me off the idea. Bitoy should come and help out again.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lunar_GD3
Bitoy should come and help out again.
I may see him Saturday at the lunch meet. Well, I hope i will, we are going to be trading griilllllllz and will ask him if he will come, or if he can atleast write us up a DIY if there already isn't one.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I may see him Saturday at the lunch meet. Well, I hope i will, we are going to be trading griilllllllz and will ask him if he will come, or if he can atleast write us up a DIY if there already isn't one.
I think there is one, but it would be better if there is someone that has experience. If you could ask him id appreciate it.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
I won't be ready to pop the heads and tails open yet. I'll probably just tape the lights to the outside and get opinions, then sleep on it for a couple of weeks. So no worries about the oven; we'll reserve that for food!

If you all like a hot salsa, I grow peppers in my garden. I start at "medium" and go up. For comparison, I don't get hot sauce at Del Taco, etc., because it's not hot enough or tasteful enough to bother with. I tried their new "Del Scorcho" out of curiosity, and I just drank it out of the packet. So let me know, and I'll bring a bowl of salsa with me.

Thanks for the tips on the Element map light; I'll check it out! I'm planning on using the same waterproof flex lights for the sills and footwells (except in blue) that I ordered in white for the makeup and map lights. The white will let me know how well I can expect it to fit and work, before I blow $150 on a 5 meter roll.

--Barry

Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I won't be ready to pop the heads and tails open yet. I'll probably just tape the lights to the outside and get opinions, then sleep on it for a couple of weeks. So no worries about the oven; we'll reserve that for food!

If you all like a hot salsa, I grow peppers in my garden. I start at "medium" and go up. For comparison, I don't get hot sauce at Del Taco, etc., because it's not hot enough or tasteful enough to bother with. I tried their new "Del Scorcho" out of curiosity, and I just drank it out of the packet. So let me know, and I'll bring a bowl of salsa with me.

Thanks for the tips on the Element map light; I'll check it out! I'm planning on using the same waterproof flex lights for the sills and footwells (except in blue) that I ordered in white for the makeup and map lights. The white will let me know how well I can expect it to fit and work, before I blow $150 on a 5 meter roll.

--Barry
Im in for salsa, and if you have any more questions about lighting, id be more than happy to help out.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i love the spicy! but, if it's so spicy i burn my tastebuds and cant feel the flavor of a bud light, tooo spicy

2 weeks!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Do you guys mind if a new guy shows up?

Old 09-13-2008, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitMF

NO, you're not welcomed at all!!!! lolz j/p it's up to gimmie his house but would b neat to see new faces there

Old 09-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
more than welcome!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by FitMF
Not at all if you bring the s2k

Oh and its looking like my boss will give me the day off so here i am

1. gimme
2. Saiko
3. bdrake
4. goodyonsen (David)
5. Jason (jazn)
6. JDMChris.com (Chris, maybe)
7. Fitting (maybe)
8. junior40er (adrian) LETS DO THIS!
9. ckranez (andrew) picking up those gf's junior!
10. Evan_2k (evan) IF i either get my fogs or springs on time.
11. JamesBizzle (James?, maybe)
12. bdrake
13. Lunar_gd3 (Eddie, Maybe)

Quick Reply: Wrench meet re take?