Looking for test vehicle for throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
i hav not tested it enough but all i can say is u feel the difference. the rpms climb up much faster and it feels lik the engine is stronger. once pass 80 it feels stronger also.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
THANKS Mike for everything!!! Can't wait to get mine and see how it reacts with my other goodies.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:36 PM
everyone is welcome i just want to thank everyone who made this group buy successful and if you have any friends refer them to me thanks again fellas
Mike
Blitz Performance USA

Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
so mike have the controllers shipped yet?

Old 08-05-2008, 03:19 PM
all throttle controllers have been shipped out

Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
awesome. can't wait to get mine. look out for my review of the 1st KWSC fit with the blitz throttle controller.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
*edit*

the controller is installed. i back-tracked through the thread and found a simple write up.
steps i took were:

1. remove plastic tray underneath driver's side dash.
2. look above throttle pedal for the connector.
3. unplug.
4. plug in throttle controller harness - use electrical tape to seal/secure.
5. zip tie wires and find a place to mount the controller box and display.
6. drive car. enjoy.

definitely a 0/10 on the difficulty scale.

Last edited by verbalink; 08-06-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned
Just to chime in, verbalink is right, this is simple "plug-n-play". I used Industrial Strength Velcro to hold the box to the underside of the plastic underdash cover. I coiled up the extra wire loom lenghth and zip-tied the coils to hold them together, then placed the excess wire loom on top of the under-dash cover/shelf, and mounted my control/display box under the A/C controls with a Velcro-covered piece of aluminum angle. That way, if service techs need to fool around under the dash, all they have to do is peel off the throttle controller box, set it aside, take off the plastic cover, and do whatever.

Member macbuddy also received his controller yesterday and installed it. I only had time for a short test drive, and this is the first time that leaving my driveway in the mountains snapped my head back. I like setting SP3, and so does macbuddy. I have not had time to test it on the freeway yet, but I think so far that this is a nice mod. Will post more after I have more experience with it. Mike Le (blitzusa) uses the controller on his supercharged Yaris, and squeals his tires shifting into second gear. Boosted Fits, like leonine, will probably like the controller a lot!

Last edited by manxman; 08-07-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
if you want to get a feel for the differences between the modes, try this:

1) set throttle controller to "off"
2) cruise at a constant speed with your foot in a firm & set position.
3) shuffle through the different modes and see how the throttle position has changed.

it feels as though the throttle, from closed to wide-open, has been condensed into a smaller space [thus making an equal input seem more dramatic on the "shorter" throttle settings]. the diagram explains this better:

[stock pedal]
[econom ]
[sp1&2]
[sp3]

i find i like sp2 the most - though the car feels MUCH more responsive and quick on sp3. thus far, the change in responsiveness is definitely worth the cost.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Mine showed up today, after reading the manual tonight it will be installed in the morning. We'll see how it works on an AT.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Mike...Thanks for the Group Buy offer!

Originally Posted by manxman
Member macbuddy also received his controller yesterday and installed it. I only had time for a short test drive, and this is the first time that leaving my driveway in the mountains snapped my head back. I like setting SP3, and so does macbuddy. I have not had time to test it on the freeway yet, but I think so far that this is a nice mod.
THE INSTALL
As manxman noted, I did receive my controller Wednesday. After hastily skimming through the somewhat complex instructions, I decided that I would probably need to allow myself about one hour for the install. The first thing I had to do was move the front seat all the way back. Next I took the under dash cover off. Above the accelerator pedal, is the DBW harness. Depress the lock (hidden behind the connector) and remove the plug. Take the Blitz TC harness, and make the appropriate "no brainer" connections. To my amazement, that phase of install was done in less than 10 minutes. The hardest part was getting my 200 lb body situated underneath the dash. BTW, being near sighted could be an advantage when in this awkward and contorted position.

DISPLAY LOCATION
Once all was buttoned up underneath, I had to find a place to put the display. I decided to place mine just left of the steering wheel. I used the supplied double stick tape to secure the display directly below the left A/C vent, and just above the side mirror adjustment switches. IMHO, it looks perfect in that location, and is easy to view when driving. My only gripe is that in certain sunlit conditions, the display is difficult to read. In those situations, I merely cup my hand over the unit and problem solved.

THROTTLE CONTROLLER IN USE
Every time I start the car, the unit greets me with a counterclockwise stream of blue lines, that then changes to an "OFF" mode alert. To activate the unit, simply depress the left most button. The TC goes directly to the last entered mode that was chosen before the car was shut down. In my case, the TC goes directly back to "SP3" mode. When turning it on however, make sure that you foot is not resting on the accelerator. If you do, you may be startled with a sudden jolt of acceleration.
When activated, I noticed that the throttle becomes extremely responsive. I found this to a very good characteristic. The Fit becomes much more lively, and even more of a joy to drive. When driving, "off throttle" to "on throttle" is immediate. I can see this being a real advantage in cutting down times in AutoX. This will also make canyon carving a much more gratifying experience.
The past two days, I've only been testing in "SP3" mode. I can tell you that in this short time, my experience so far, has been very positive. I find that now, whenever I forget to activate the unit, I realize how "lethargic" the acceleration feels in "stock mode."
One possible negative effect that may discourage some from using this, is that fact that my typical 33.5 mpg had dropped to 28.5 on my last tank. Bear in mind that I normally drive quite conservatively, but for this tank, I wanted to test the TC's personality. On Thursday, I took a spirited drive up to Sonora and back. The trip was extremely satisfying, and I feel that my purchase was justified.

CONCLUSION
Would I recommend this? Let me put it this way. I have to say that the initial cost appeared to be a bit on the high side. On the flip side, I think that using this product may have curbed my obsessive need for forced induction.
Although my mpg may drop, the improved drive ability may cause me to look the over way. If I want my 33-38 mpg back, I can always leave it "OFF" to conserve fuel. This product offers the best of both worlds. It will allow you "normal" when you want, and "lively" when you are in the mood.
My problem is that lately, I can't seem to get out of the "mood."

-macbuddy-

Last edited by macbuddy; 08-09-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Excellent description there mac! I mounted my display on the right side next to the temperature control, it's highly visible glancing down through the steering wheel spokes .Definite performance gains and hopefully in "economy" mode there won't be any mileage decrease, with another road trip down to AZ next week we'll find out. Thanks to Mike for getting this GB together. What a great mod...

Old 08-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Blitz ftw

this should have come with the car (i think the new Sti has something like this stock) its so awesome. Makes the car MUCH more fun to drive! Thanks for hookin us up Mike

Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 PM
i just found out that i can sell some items before the blitz sales to dealers i have a fit intake and a fit exhaust brand new up for sale i have 2 sus power intakes and 1 nur spec wx exhaust left let me know i cannot post price all i can say its pretty deep for blitz discount. Let me know PM me so i can reserve it thanks.
Mike

Old 08-23-2008, 03:16 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
anyone know Mike's number? i want that damn exhaust!

Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by macbuddy
THE INSTALL
As manxman noted, I did receive my controller Wednesday. After hastily skimming through the somewhat complex instructions, I decided that I would probably need to allow myself about one hour for the install. The first thing I had to do was move the front seat all the way back. Next I took the under dash cover off. Above the accelerator pedal, is the DBW harness. Depress the lock (hidden behind the connector) and remove the plug. Take the Blitz TC harness, and make the appropriate "no brainer" connections. To my amazement, that phase of install was done in less than 10 minutes. The hardest part was getting my 200 lb body situated underneath the dash. BTW, being near sighted could be an advantage when in this awkward and contorted position.

DISPLAY LOCATION
Once all was buttoned up underneath, I had to find a place to put the display. I decided to place mine just left of the steering wheel. I used the supplied double stick tape to secure the display directly below the left A/C vent, and just above the side mirror adjustment switches. IMHO, it looks perfect in that location, and is easy to view when driving. My only gripe is that in certain sunlit conditions, the display is difficult to read. In those situations, I merely cup my hand over the unit and problem solved.

THROTTLE CONTROLLER IN USE
Every time I start the car, the unit greets me with a counterclockwise stream of blue lines, that then changes to an "OFF" mode alert. To activate the unit, simply depress the left most button. The TC goes directly to the last entered mode that was chosen before the car was shut down. In my case, the TC goes directly back to "SP3" mode. When turning it on however, make sure that you foot is not resting on the accelerator. If you do, you may be startled with a sudden jolt of acceleration.
When activated, I noticed that the throttle becomes extremely responsive. I found this to a very good characteristic. The Fit becomes much more lively, and even more of a joy to drive. When driving, "off throttle" to "on throttle" is immediate. I can see this being a real advantage in cutting down times in AutoX. This will also make canyon carving a much more gratifying experience.
The past two days, I've only been testing in "SP3" mode. I can tell you that in this short time, my experience so far, has been very positive. I find that now, whenever I forget to activate the unit, I realize how "lethargic" the acceleration feels in "stock mode."
One possible negative effect that may discourage some from using this, is that fact that my typical 33.5 mpg had dropped to 28.5 on my last tank. Bear in mind that I normally drive quite conservatively, but for this tank, I wanted to test the TC's personality. On Thursday, I took a spirited drive up to Sonora and back. The trip was extremely satisfying, and I feel that my purchase was justified.

CONCLUSION
Would I recommend this? Let me put it this way. I have to say that the initial cost appeared to be a bit on the high side. On the flip side, I think that using this product may have curbed my obsessive need for forced induction.
Although my mpg may drop, the improved drive ability may cause me to look the over way. If I want my 33-38 mpg back, I can always leave it "OFF" to conserve fuel. This product offers the best of both worlds. It will allow you "normal" when you want, and "lively" when you are in the mood.
My problem is that lately, I can't seem to get out of the "mood."

-macbuddy-
1 1/2 weeks ago, I drove from the S.F. Bay Area to the CA Central Valley to join macbuddy on a bass fishing trip and a 2-day stay in the Gold Rush area town of Arnold. This was about 4 hours each way, combining 1/2 freeway and 1/2 two lane country and mountain roads. I used various settings of the throttle controller the whole trip, and used SP3 in the mountains. I am very happy with the performance gains that this unit provides. To back up macbuddy's comment, my normal gas mileage from past long range freeway/mountain roads trips has been 38.5 mpg average. On this last trip, the mileage fell to 28.5. Under these conditions, the cost of the extra fun from the controller is not high, and I can just turn it off whenever I want to be stingy with my fuel.

For Bay Area and Central Valley Fit drivers, there is a 20 mile stretch of CA Hwy. 4, between the towns of Copperopolis and Angels Camp, that is built exactly like a roller coaster- nothing but up, down, and sideways curves. At speed, it is guaranteed to make everyone but the driver car-sick. I had no passengers, and the Blitz controller made the drive as fun as any amusement park coaster.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Am I too late to buy this lol...?? To manxman, do you know if this would eventually lead to engine failure due to so much throttle. And also, does it make A/F to run lean and etc.. I reallyl want this but don't know the risk of having it.