Old 07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Add me to the list please if still available. Thanks

And I can pick it up.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by UnknownFit
Add me to the list please if still available. Thanks

And I can pick it up.
Sorry man. The GB is over. But call Mike on the cell # posted a few posts back. He may be able to help you out. After all, kelsodeez had to cancel, so there should be one left. See post #104.

Last edited by manxman; 07-20-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
Sorry man. The GB is over. But call Mike on the cell # posted a few posts back. He may be able to help you out. After all, kelsodeez had to cancel, so there should be one left. See post #104.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
just sent Mike a payment. If anyone speaks to him let him know. I tried calling but he wasn't available. left him a message.

Anyone know when they are shipping?

Old 07-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by leonine
just sent Mike a payment. If anyone speaks to him let him know. I tried calling but he wasn't available. left him a message.

Anyone know when they are shipping?
Leonine-
Unless you have removed your supercharger, you really need to cancel your order and get a refund. These things are not being sold to owners of FI engines. Mike uses a Blitz controller on his supercharged Yaris, but it was carefully tested first. Your engine may be in real danger if you use this controller on it. Talk to Mike about all of the reasons not to buy it. Kelsodeez has a turbo on his Fit, and he canceled his order when I reminded him that the original thread stated that they do not sell the controllers for boosted cars because they don't know in advance how the controller will work with whatever tuner card is controlling yur ECU with the turbo or supercharger.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Leonine-
Unless you have removed your supercharger, you really need to cancel your order and get a refund. These things are not being sold to owners of FI engines. Mike uses a Blitz controller on his supercharged Yaris, but it was carefully tested first. Your engine may be in real danger if you use this controller on it. Talk to Mike about all of the reasons not to buy it. Kelsodeez has a turbo on his Fit, and he canceled his order when I reminded him that the original thread stated that they do not sell the controllers for boosted cars because they don't know in advance how the controller will work with whatever tuner card is controlling yur ECU with the turbo or supercharger.
thanks for the heads up manx but i think i will be ok. the supercard for the KWSC does not connect to the ecu at all. it is not a piggyback or reflash. it is a standalone unit that monitors boost from the intake manifold and connects directly to the injectors to monitor duty cycle. if the throttle controller just opens the tb valve (which from what i have read this is true) at a different rate compared to oem then i don't see how it can hurt anything. if anything it will get me into boost quicker. just my opinion but i am always happy to be the tester.

I will PM him but he should have gotten my payment by now. hopefully it will ship soon.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned
thanks for the heads up manx but i think i will be ok. the supercard for the KWSC does not connect to the ecu at all. it is not a piggyback or reflash. it is a standalone unit that monitors boost from the intake manifold and connects directly to the injectors to monitor duty cycle. if the throttle controller just opens the tb valve (which from what i have read this is true) at a different rate compared to oem then i don't see how it can hurt anything. if anything it will get me into boost quicker. just my opinion but i am always happy to be the tester.

I will PM him but he should have gotten my payment by now. hopefully it will ship soon.
That's good news! Be sure to fully explain that to Mike, but you still may get some resistance. The Blitz policy is "we don't sell these to FI cars". Just remind Mike that it will work on your car for the same reason that it works on his own supercharged Yaris.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
just spoke to mike. he said that if anyone needs him to call. he also said that after all this crap he is probably going to need everyone who is interested (even for local pickup) to paypal him directly. if you have questions call him. He cannot log in and check his PM's because he is still banned.

The deadline for him to order is this friday. He did order a few for those that have already sent payment. so all others need to contact him and arrange payment.

His opinion is that if you are running FI and are not using a pb controller or reflash then it might work. he cannot say for sure because he does not know and does not want to make false statements that could hurt the company. So i will verify this with the KWSC and let you know. His Yaris which is supercharged is running a pb ecu which is throttle controlled. I forget now if he had it installed or not. but anyone else with ecu reflash or e-manage could potentially have issues if using this. The KWSC supercard does not know what the ecu is doing and as far as the ecu is concerned it still thinks it is naturally aspirated. so i and mike think i will be good to go.

The controllers will not get to him until the 2nd or 3rd week of august so i won't have any updates till then.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned
Thanks for this update leonine! I hope that the controller does not cause you any problems, and it sounds like it shouldn't.

This really sucks- having two threads to follow on the same device, and the OP still banned but his thread is back up.

To JDMchris.com--- we could use some more help here, it that's possible. Thanks in advance for anything that you can do to remove the ban on blitzusa.

Dave

Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Just called in and got my paypal transaction sorted with Mike. Even with all the calls he is getting [from more than those on the gb list], he is organized and getting things done. Hopefully the ban can be lifted soon!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by verbalink
Just called in and got my paypal transaction sorted with Mike. Even with all the calls he is getting [from more than those on the gb list], he is organized and getting things done. Hopefully the ban can be lifted soon!
This shows how strange life can be. Mike is likely to get more advertising value from the banning issue than he might have if the GB had just gone quietly on its way. I have sent Mike an additional customer who was out of the country (member macbuddy) when this whole thing started, and unless "IB Adrian" bans me for getting in his way, I intend to write one hell of a review when my controller gets here. I have already made a mounting bracket to hold the controller under my HVAC controls. I don't think that I want the green LCD display staring me in the face on top of my steering column. Everyone else who writes a review will just send more customers to Mike, or to another Blitz dealer, which was Mike's original purpose.

Everyone who has complained about the weird, non-linear behavior of the throttle in relation to the accelerator pedal position now has a cure for the annoying DBW behavior. It may not be the same as cable or solid linkage, it sounds as if it is even better. I sure wish that I had one so that I could know for sure what I was talking about!!!!!

Last edited by manxman; 07-21-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
lets see pics of that mounting bracket.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned
lets see pics of that mounting bracket.
Later (tomorrow on the photo)- just use 1 1/2" aluminum angle from Ace Hardware. Use a strip of the hook side of 2" wide Industrial Strength Velcro (also at Ace) on the underside of two pods, cut a length of aluminum angle the width of the throttle controller box, wrap all sides of the aluminum bracket with the soft loop Velcro, stick it under the pods, and use a strip of the hook velcro on the back side of the controller box. Wire the controller to the accelerator, and stick the box onto your bracket. All black, no drill holes, no painting, completely removable, ALL DONE.

GOOD NEWS! Mike's membership has been restored and his ban is lifted. JDMchris worked things out with "our friend" Adrian, and Adrian lifted the ban. I hope that this was not too painful for Mike.

Thank you Chris!!!

Last edited by manxman; 07-21-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
alright first off i would like to thank everyone that has helped me get unbanned from fitfreak. The second thing is the group buy is still on. Anyone else would like to be on this list. I only preorder 10 but if there is anyone else intrested i would like to know because so i can order more so no one has to wait.
Mike
Blitz USA

Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned
We added macbuddy to the GB today. Anybody else who doesn't want to miss out on a good thing, hurry up and call Mike (blitzusa)!!! Welcome back Mike.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Sign me up! PM sent.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
hey mike - i havent gotten the email yet from you [this is david, called you earlier today]. just in case you got the email wrong, its chungdavid@gmail.com . thanks!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 AM
you were right i got your email wrong but i resent the money request it should be there now. And as for macbuddy i havent gotten a payment from him yet. Anyone else want to be on the list just either PM me or Paypal me the payment at Force_Feed_Performance @hotmail.com 346 shipped and 336 picked up. Thanks for everyone who purchase and made this gb possible.
Mike
Blitz USA

Old 07-22-2008, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
got the email! payment sent!

thanks for your hard work mike!

[btw - does blitz make any exhausts for the GD3? i had a nurspec r on my sti before and i LOVED it... raw & beautiful!]

Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 AM
yes we do when ill be at work tommrrow i can check which one we do have. We have a few j-spec that i can check and get some picts from our japanese catalog. I will get back to you did you make sure you put your shipping address in there so at least i know where to send it.
Mike

Quick Reply: Looking for test vehicle for throttle controller