Looking for test vehicle for throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I saw the Video from the jp version on other Drive by wire cars.... Looks promising.... ill be picking 1 up when there available

Old 07-12-2008, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
Let me know how it goes with the KW supercharger, I am hoping they are compatible, since I'm not sure where or how the supercard connects, or how the blitz module attaches and how they all interact.

Anyways, hope to see an increase in throttle, at least that of a cable system.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
k i spoke with someone from Blitz earlier today and we have tentatively scheduled to test the throttle controller a little more on monday. i'll let you guys know how it goes!

Old 07-12-2008, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Take JDMChris's car, lets see how it goes with his KWSC. =P

Old 07-12-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
My 2008 is 100% stock and I'd make the best test dummy on this site. Email me if you want it tested a decent feedback.

Paul

pcs0snq@comcast.net

Old 07-12-2008, 08:28 PM
the Blitz TC plugs in under the gas pedal, thats where the DBW connects to. the KW supercard connects into the computer. i think they will probably work.... i dont know if the supercard changes the DBW curve???? i could be wrong...

Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 AM
**correct me if im wrong on any of this, im not expert on drive by wire or engine management.**

i dont know if it has been brought up before, but isnt drive by wire programmed to work along with the cars computer to help control fuel consumption and emissions? like i know that minor performance bolt ons like intake, exhaust, etc. cant affect the car to their full potential because drive by wire compensates for all of the extra air and fuel being used.

my question is what is going to happen the cars over all performance when you change how the throttle opens and closes? will the car know that a change has been made and change the amount of fuel it delivers? i was thinking about this last night and wanted to know if using the throttle controller would make the car run richer/leaner.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
This is what has been on my mind. I figured this would intercept calls to the throttle itself to be a little more open.

and I was owndering how it works with the KWSC since it handles all the fuel management at the injector level, not the ECU.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:37 PM
if the blitz unit adjusts the a/f via the ecu, then would everything be correct if you had the kwsc and the hondata reflash? my thoughts are that without the hondata upgrade they wouldn't be compatible. will 2 piggybacks (super card and blitz) be compatable together? prolly less likely than one or the other. just some thoughts...

dave

Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Hello all,

I had a chance to test the throttle controller a little more today and found out a few things:

The cruise control works fine with the Blitz throttle controller installed and on or off, doesn't matter.

There was no difference in the throttle lag, at least none that I could discern. I had the car in neutral and blipped the throttle many, many times; the lag seemed pretty much the same as stock. It is, however, a LOT easier to rev-match and heel-toe downshift with the throttle controller. You don't have to contort your leg/foot as much because the throttle is a lot more sensitive, so it takes a lot less pressing on the gas pedal to get the desired amount of throttle. That was one of my favorite discoveries on my test drive today.

Some mental notes I took: With my foot constant on the gas at around 200rpm, the rpm is about 500rpm higher in eco mode than stock, another 500 rpm higher in SP1, another 500-600rpm higher in SP2, and ~600-700rpm higher in SP3. Remember that these are my approximations so give or take a hundred or so.

In SP3 mode, the lowest rpm at which i could hold a steady rev was 2500. I would say i have better than average control on the gas pedal but who knows really. anyway, i tried many times to get a lower rev but that was the best i could do. it seemed that in SP3 mode you're either not on the gas, or your pushing the rpm to 2500 and up. For this reason, SP3 mode is a little rough and probably isn't too suitable for stop and go driving with your mother-in-law riding shotgun. I would say that this mode isn't really needed unless you're gonna go on an all-out race at the tracks, but it's really up to you guys. The SP1, SP2, and SP3 modes are very nice though, that they let you get on the throttle quickly instead of having to push far down on the gas to get a response.

On a side-note, without the throttle controller in my car now, it feels like a gigantic brick that takes a lot of persuasion from my right foot to get it moving. It's gonna take a little getting used to again haha.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Hello all,

I had a chance to test the throttle controller a little more today and found out a few things:

The cruise control works fine with the Blitz throttle controller installed and on or off, doesn't matter.

There was no difference in the throttle lag, at least none that I could discern. I had the car in neutral and blipped the throttle many, many times; the lag seemed pretty much the same as stock. It is, however, a LOT easier to rev-match and heel-toe downshift with the throttle controller. You don't have to contort your leg/foot as much because the throttle is a lot more sensitive, so it takes a lot less pressing on the gas pedal to get the desired amount of throttle. That was one of my favorite discoveries on my test drive today.

Some mental notes I took: With my foot constant on the gas at around 200rpm, the rpm is about 500rpm higher in eco mode than stock, another 500 rpm higher in SP1, another 500-600rpm higher in SP2, and ~600-700rpm higher in SP3. Remember that these are my approximations so give or take a hundred or so.

In SP3 mode, the lowest rpm at which i could hold a steady rev was 2500. I would say i have better than average control on the gas pedal but who knows really. anyway, i tried many times to get a lower rev but that was the best i could do. it seemed that in SP3 mode you're either not on the gas, or your pushing the rpm to 2500 and up. For this reason, SP3 mode is a little rough and probably isn't too suitable for stop and go driving with your mother-in-law riding shotgun. I would say that this mode isn't really needed unless you're gonna go on an all-out race at the tracks, but it's really up to you guys. The SP1, SP2, and SP3 modes are very nice though, that they let you get on the throttle quickly instead of having to push far down on the gas to get a response.

On a side-note, without the throttle controller in my car now, it feels like a gigantic brick that takes a lot of persuasion from my right foot to get it moving. It's gonna take a little getting used to again haha.
Great review of the product so far. Seeing that you tested it a bit more, would you recommend buying the throttle controler?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kamui
Great review of the product so far. Seeing that you tested it a bit more, would you recommend buying the throttle controler?
Now that I've had the chance to drive the car aggressively with the throttle controller, I want it even more. It really changes how the car feels and behaves compared to stock. I really like how sensitive it can make the throttle, and i think it's a big plus if you track your car, plan to do so, or just want to make the fit a sportier ride.

In short, yes, I would recommend buying the throttle controller. It's not a cheap item, but Mike from Blitz is trying to put together a group buy for the best discount he can, so price is still in the air.

When i have mine, i'm willing to let some of you local people try it out on your cars if you're on the fence about it ((i guess you won't be able to do so Kamui), but i can't be held responsible for anything that happens if something malfunctions with your car or if one of your current modifications doesn't react well with the throttle controller.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
wow this is a cool little mod,
and not too too expensive
i like it

and great write ups mike

Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
bump for interest

Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kyle.
wow this is a cool little mod,
and not too too expensive
i like it

and great write ups mike
Thanks! it's good to know it helps.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
just waiting for it to come out now

Old 07-15-2008, 11:44 AM
still trying to get confirmation for blitz throttle controller how many units will be here. Then i will set up a GB for everyone here. I would like to know how many people in here will be serious about it. I would say price range is 335-360 depending on how many people we can get to purchase price is not confirmed yet. It could be cheaper If we get about 20 ppl not just fit's but other cars as well which i have a couple already. So i just need to have an idea for the fit's. Thanks let me know. Then everyone can paypal me up. Items should be here second week of august that is confirmed.
Mike

Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
you can atleast get 15 or so fit owners here to buy it i'm sure

Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 PM
So, there could be problems with a modded car? What kind of problems?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drzenitram
So, there could be problems with a modded car? What kind of problems?
i don't know what could happen really. it's just a disclaimer that if you want to test my controller out on your car, please do so at your own risk. it's just a plug and play unit so everything should be dandy but you never know, i just don't want to get caught in a sh*tstorm is all. they said the controller is fine with bolt ons, but cars that have other electronic hardware like the KWSC or turbo kits with engine management have not yet been tested to be compatible with the blitz throttle controller.

Quick Reply: Looking for test vehicle for throttle controller