SoCal Pulled over thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Well I almost made it 2 years with the Fit..... after 40,000 miles I got popped speeding yesterday on Alicia Pkwy North heading towards the 5 fwy. I was in the middle lane and I saw Mr. motor officer hiding out at Cousteau St., (I should have known, they like to hide there) but it was too late. I pulled over to Target- my son and his 2 friends couldn't believe that I was getting pulled over. They all said my speedo said 50 when they looked at it. Cop claimed he got me at 62 in a 45. I said funny my detector didn't go off and he said it was laser, besides detectors are illegal. I said not unless someone recently changed the law, they are not. He replied that Laser Detectors are illegal....I said nothing even though I know better (any Detectors legal-laser jammers illegal) Other than that, I was really nice, had all my papers in order. I was hoping he wouldn't write up my no front plate (he didn't). I should have made a scene about having only 85 hp and four people going uphill, or about confusing me with the other SSM Fit right in front of me before the fwy, but I just sucked it up....guess it's traffic school time again. Oh yeah, it was my 14 year old that reminded me that it was the end of the month....... I hate tickets!

Old 08-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitn in
Well I almost made it 2 years with the Fit..... after 40,000 miles I got popped speeding yesterday on Alicia Pkwy North heading towards the 5 fwy. I was in the middle lane and I saw Mr. motor officer hiding out at Cousteau St., (I should have known, they like to hide there) but it was too late. I pulled over to Target- my son and his 2 friends couldn't believe that I was getting pulled over. They all said my speedo said 50 when they looked at it. Cop claimed he got me at 62 in a 45. I said funny my detector didn't go off and he said it was laser, besides detectors are illegal. I said not unless someone recently changed the law, they are not. He replied that Laser Detectors are illegal....I said nothing even though I know better (any Detectors legal-laser jammers illegal) Other than that, I was really nice, had all my papers in order. I was hoping he wouldn't write up my no front plate (he didn't). I should have made a scene about having only 85 hp and four people going uphill, or about confusing me with the other SSM Fit right in front of me before the fwy, but I just sucked it up....guess it's traffic school time again. Oh yeah, it was my 14 year old that reminded me that it was the end of the month....... I hate tickets!

Geez sounds like a trip. Sorry bro... things happen unfortunately

Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
Peter, yellow fogs aren't illegal. you could technically fight it because it is a "mistake". you can fight all tickets that have errors on it.

I fought mine because he wrote that the car was registered under my name, when it was under my parents name (for insurance purposes) and I won.
I would but he only wrote me for the headlights only......I already got the ticket sign off...so time to send my $10 check......

Old 08-30-2008, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Also I was driving home yesterday from Laguna Beach around 10PM I was just seeing red and blue light on the side of the road/fwy.....

Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by azncarbos
Also I was driving home yesterday from Laguna Beach around 10PM I was just seeing red and blue light on the side of the road/fwy.....
What kinda drugs did you take to make you see that?

Hahaha.. my car got stared at by a cop once again while being parked at 7-11. As I was leaving the store building, he just stopped about 3 car lengths behind the car in front of him, which was near my parked car. Seem like he wanted to give me a speeding ticket? LOL

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM
When: sept. 12
Where: Brea
Car: my fit
Violation: no front license plate / intake
Etc/Comments: well i was in arizona and i get a call in the middle of the day from my dad but that is normal, and he tells me he gets pulled over in my fit for having no license plate and then the cop circles the car and then notices my little bobble head on the hook of the car and tells my dad that street racers have that to tell each other "they want to race"...WTF?!? its a decoration on a car not a notification for racers. but then after seeing that he tells my dad to pop the hood and he sees my K&N typhoon intake and asks if its legal and then takes a picture of it and now my dad has to wait till they see if it is or not. WACK! im glad they didnt give my dad a ticket for my exhaust and suspension
Update: still waiting on the results...

Old 09-15-2008, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
that totally sucks! cops are full of crap, and your dad shouldn't have popped the hood. they can't require you to do that without a search permit.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Duplicated post...Deleting this one

Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by ascGD3
Etc/Comments: well i was in arizona and i get a call in the middle of the day from my dad but that is normal, and he tells me he gets pulled over in my fit for having no license plate and then the cop circles the car and then notices my little bobble head on the hook of the car and tells my dad that street racers have that to tell each other "they want to race"...WTF?!? its a decoration on a car not a notification for racers. but then after seeing that he tells my dad to pop the hood and he sees my K&N typhoon intake and asks if its legal and then takes a picture of it and now my dad has to wait till they see if it is or not. WACK! im glad they didnt give my dad a ticket for my exhaust and suspension
You need to look up the Arizona Traffic Laws to make sure. They're different from the ones in California. There's a lot of cops out there who try to take advantage of people who are not certain of the law. Some cops would probably go as far as actually lying to the people.

I know for a fact in California, you can't have an object sticking out xx inches from the window, etc. I don't remember what the number is, but I know it's there somewhere in the vehicle code. I dunno about the bobblehead though.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member

Let's RACE!!!

I have never heard that one before...

Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Get a "I Support COPS" sticker

There are several Police Organizations that will send you a windshield Decal(after a minimum $10 donation) that you can put on your car that will get you out of these types of tickets. Unless your speeding like a bat outta hell. They will usually let you go. I've had one on everyone of my cars for the past 8 years and have not gotten a ticket yet.....Yes they have actually driven behind me and left me alone believe it or not....

Old 09-15-2008, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
or join the 11-99 foundation...hahaha

Old 09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OCKC
There are several Police Organizations that will send you a windshield Decal(after a minimum $10 donation) that you can put on your car that will get you out of these types of tickets. Unless your speeding like a bat outta hell. They will usually let you go. I've had one on everyone of my cars for the past 8 years and have not gotten a ticket yet.....Yes they have actually driven behind me and left me alone believe it or not....
butt-kisser, hahah just kidding. i've considered getting a sticker like that before but then decided it wasn't really necessary for me.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:13 AM
well lil update on my window tint ticket that i recieved back in may. the ticket was due in june, soo i got a extension until july. then july came and i still didn't take the tint off. i figured i'll wait until the last week to take the tint off lol. i just really love tint that much hahaha. but ya it turns out that i waited too long, and now the ticket is late. my fine will be higher now but today i finally took the tint off, and the ticket should be cleared by tommorow.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
butt-kisser, hahah just kidding. i've considered getting a sticker like that before but then decided it wasn't really necessary for me.

Last edited by OCKC; 09-27-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 AM
ok another update on my tint ticket. i got it signed off by CHP last week, took it to the court and now i owe them $400+ for a little fix-it ticket.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1coolride
ok another update on my tint ticket. i got it signed off by CHP last week, took it to the court and now i owe them $400+ for a little fix-it ticket.
looks like your paying for being irresponsible. hmmm, cliche'

Old 09-22-2008, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazn
looks like your paying for being irresponsible. hmmm, cliche'

x2...shouldn't have waited so long

Old 09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ascGD3
chris, you have nothing to worry about. it's 100% carb legal.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitn in
Got the ticket-total-$320 with traffic school

Quick Reply: SoCal Pulled over thread...