Socal FitFreak Mega meet (Sat. Mar 1st)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Socal FitFreak Mega meet (Sat. Mar 1st)

please mark your calenders. this is a 1 month notice.
One month in advance! Get your days off, gentlemen!

to see lots of you OC/LA people
WHEN: Saturday, March 1st, 2008 - Start around 11:00am. Last until people leave.

WHERE: Belmont Park area

MEETING SECTIONS
dont worry about the spots that people are going to park this is just a copy paste from another meet i went to last year from socalprelude
-----------------------------
DIRECTIONS
Ignore the parts at the beginning. Just go to the parts where it says from the freeway you're on. That was the only way I could get the stupid directions to work correctly.

At the end, you actually have to go down to the light and take two right turns to get into the parking lot. The map says you can jump right across, but you can't.

From oceanside,ca from the 5:
Live Local Search

15 freeway
Live Local Search
-----------------------------
WHY: to chill with the people on Fitfreak.net

WHAT: BBQ/pot luck, Bonfire, Kick back, Sports, Swimming (if you're brave)

RULES:
1. NO ALCOHOL! - Last time someone got a nice ticket for having alcohol. Not sure if it was because of glass or just because of alcohol on the beach. Either way, NO ALCOHOL!
2. EVERYONE MUST BE PARKING IN A SPOT! That means no double parking, no sideways parking, no taking up two spots, etc. Park rangers came around and told us to get in spots - any non-compliance will result in a ticket.
3. NO BURNOUTS/REVVING - Keep in mind, this is a public place, and there will probably be other people around. Be mature.
4. NO ASSHOLES - Get along with everyone. If you have a problem with someone, ignore them/move to a different place, or leave. We don't want your shit here.

bring some chairs, blankets , stuff etc. gotta get comfy.

alright well...it so happens that honda-tech meets are on saturdays.we we wondering if anybody else would like to join us. it start at 8. i know for all you la people that might be too late, but that would be really cool for a lot of fits to come out and show off our cars. expand the knowledge of fits around even more.

ATTENTION ALL LA/OC/IE attendees who wish to caravan.
Alright seem like we not going anywhere w/ this.......All Fits from LA County, Riverside County and Northern Orange County we are meet meeting up at 9:00 AM at Autobacs and will leaving around 930AM and for those in South County we meet w/ you guy at Laguna Hill Mall at the In and Out Parking a lot around 10AM and Be heading out around 10:15 AM....I will have print out direction for those who need or planning get lost...and also if you a walkie-talkie bring them..b/c we be using it to keep communication w/ each other.....

Autobacs
12645 Beach Blvd.
Stanton, CA 90680
(714) 903-9900

Laguna Hill In And Out
24001 Avenida De La Carlota
Laguna Hills, California 92653

please post what you are going to bring for the potluck. i will update daily.

those who are attending:
1) Sd_MR_fit (bbq grill,charcoal,Viet. short ribs or carne asada. 20lbs)
2) los_creeper (KINGSTON mesquite coals, and 1(hotdog,hamburger buns)
3) saikooooooooooo (Chinese chicken salad, cups)
4) ezekielwhore (paper plates, utensils, napkins/paper towels)
5) sdPANNfit (desert)
6) UN_FIT ( Cookies)
7) s0x (Chips...Lots of them)
8) gd3girl619
9) .chico escuela.(vegan guacomole peanut butter)
10) billykim
11) Fitiful Blue (charcoal & Hawaiian rolls)
12) azncarbos (korean bbq ribs 20lbs)
13) randomracer
14) ilovemyGD3 (pastries)
15) FITrunner (honey roasted peanuts)
16) tia_townley
17) ALredCar
18) dickiez
19) Samwell( sodas,water,)
20) ms.Bell
21) thejroisgo
22) Fitn In (cookies)
23) Sleep_DEPRIVED(Cider)
24) wingman (tooth picks and Fortune cookies.)
25) angelberybblgum ( brownies WITH marshmellows )
26) cshellgo (potato salad)
27) Missyfit
28) Jdm_2008
29) domo3234
30) umiekun (gaucamole)
31) randomracer
32) i<3GD3 (tub of ice)
33) h-fit.com ( fried chicken)
34) aerocos

those in for the raffle (BJ :sdpannfit: is in charge of this one. he needs at least 25 sold to do raffle)....
1. BJ (1 ticket)
2. dave (1 ticket)
3. Samwell (2 tickets)
4. randomracer (1 ticket)
5. ms bell (2 tickets)
6. azncarbos (2 tickets)
7. saiko (2 tickets)
8. thejroisgo (1 ticket)
9. fitn in (1 ticket)
10. Duy (1 ticket)
11. UN_FIT (2 tickets)
12. ilovemygd3 (2 tickets)
13. Alredcar (1 ticket)
14. billykim (1 ticket)
15. fitrunner (1 ticket)
16 umiekun (1 ticket)
17 fitiful blue (4 tickets)
18 h-fit.com (2 tickets)

Last edited by SD_MR_FIT; 02-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
I'm definately down. I'll be about 1 hour each way so it'll be great. We need like 50+ fits!!! haha that'd be something...

but the meet we just had was nice. we had about 12 fits... but not all at once. haha

Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
i know, that would be great if we had a lot of fits. we can make it the most fits ever to attend a Fitfreak meet. heh
i figured since it is halfway more people will be willing to do the drive.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
i know, that would be great if we had a lot of fits. we can make it the most fits ever to attend a Fitfreak meet. heh
i figured since it is halfway more people will be willing to do the drive.
well...to get 50+ fits to an event...there must be something of a catch rather then just a BBQ....there must be give-a-ways or what not to promote people to leave work, take time off work, or what not. Something like this weekends Eibach meet thingy....just my 2 cents.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
well im not saying 50+ fits. but im saying a good amount. something more realistic like 25 fits or so.

ive set up meets with the preludes that we had 30 cars come. i mean if everyone is dedicated to the forums, you would think showing up to a meet to chill would be the same. i mean it would be a months notice at least for everyone to get time off.

most people get 2 days off, and it would most likely be on a Saturday. i know how hard it is to get days off working at costco, so thats why it would be at least a months notice in advance.

i have not yet been to a fit meet before so that is why i want to get one going.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Hahah yeah I was being over excited. lol. I'll be at the eibach meet though.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT

i have not yet been to a fit meet before so that is why i want to get one going.
. Can't blame you, though. Busy schedule, it's hard. But they're worth it.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
hells yeah! dana point or surrounding area would be friggen sweedish! beautiful coastline setting. and i'm sure with at least a months notice should be plenty of time to arrange schedules. just thinking out loud off the top of my head... there's a nice spot with parking right on the beach off of pch i know of near there, you do have to pay for parking, but it's not THAT expensive, i'd think it be perfect to "fit" us all into a nice secluded portion of the lot. and if i remember correctly i believe there's even fire pits...? and the surf is pretty calm. i'm sure there are more spots along hwy 1, i could do some scouting for us if there's enough interest generated here.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
d00d

im down for a super meet lol we should do it more inland tho cuz a lot of socal fit guys are from like the inland empire too 909 951 and the 5 can be a bitch for a lot of them dana point is close to me but other it may not be soo good. im up for the challenge tho lets keep this going.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
haha almost 100 miles for me.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
we should get the people who are interested find the mid point of of all of the people.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
i'm sure peeps from the IE wouldn't mind goin to the beach. the IE licks a dogs hairy ball sack. who wouldn't want to get out. besides it's not like this is a hummer h2 meet.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
well thats why i was saying half way meet.

if we can all collaborate on the areas that people are coming from then that would be great. i was just throwing an idea out from la to san diego.

it looks to me there are a lot of parks near san juan Capistrano. if anyone lives near there go check out a nice park or something. we can all do a park meet.
for those who would like to be more inland.

roughly that area dana point/san juan capistrano is about 1 hour for the south san people. and about 1 hour for the la people. so if we can find a spot round there or more inland shout out some ideas.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
well dana point is about an hour drive for everyone except for the low desert people. if the weather holds up im sure ill be down.

::Edit::
wut about lake elsinore? its around an hour and 15 min from LA, SD, and PS.

Last edited by ezekielwhore; 01-22-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
well dana point is about an hour drive for everyone except for the low desert people. if the weather holds up im sure ill be down.

::Edit::
wut about lake elsinore? its around an hour and 15 min from LA, SD, and PS.
we could meet at either elsinore or capo and then we could all cruise the 74 to either capo or elsinore?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
im down with that idea. cruising.

like all the IE people get together. all the LA/OC heads, and then all the SD people cruise to a spot. man that will be a decent amount of fits.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
i guess elsinore wouldnt be too bad its about a 30-40 min drive for me and at the worst an 1 with traffic

ADDED: anyone thinking of a date for this meet?

Last edited by ascGD3; 01-22-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
A big meet that doesn't sound bad idea........are last one big meet was about 35 Fits.......74 HWY from San Juan to lake elsinore that bad idea but there on going construction....

Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
chico escuela #1 be there! i be there i bring prizes. some hookers. beer. chili dogs. hebrew nationals. and mexican jumping bean!

CHUPA!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
i'm down for this mega meet!!
we should get a count of how many fits are willing to show up and then plan it. if it doesn't turn out to be so "mega" than i don't know if i'd really be down! if its around at least 20-25 fits, I am down for sheez! AND of course if i have/get that day off!

Quick Reply: Socal FitFreak Mega meet (Sat. Mar 1st)