11/10/07 Bay Area Fit Meet- New Datails

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
Tyler-
Very nice vids on the new pics & vids thread! I wish that we were not restricted to 10 minutes on YouTube. The hosting site for the cheap FlipVideo cameras allow at least 12 minutes- probably more, but I haven't tested it yet.

Videos look like a really good way to display our meets, and you did a good job.

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Yeah last meet i took similar vids but never publicly posted them because me and my dad were talking too much and it would annoy alot of people, so with these i told him not to talk . But yeah they turned out great, YouTube kills the quality but thats ok..It picked up my music suprisingly well, i thought that was cool! I have one more but it exposes to many license plate #'s so that one wont be going on YouTube..

Belive it or not i already cant wait for spring time, so we can put on another meet! Its nothing ive ever been apart of, and most people my age arent in car groups, i absolutly love and i couldnt ask for a better group to be apart of!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
I just woke up from my nap, and 101 was damned crazy in the Palo Alto area, I got to sleep in the car at least, and got a 2 hour nap here at home. so exhausted.

Either way, everything is looking good, making the folders on my site for the uncompressed videos and photos, maybe we can see better quality photos =P

EDIT:

Accounts that I previously handed out for FTP have been used for the new folder:

Index of /~anthony/images/fitfreak/2007-11-FitMeet

you can view the older photos from the previous meet in September here:
Index of /~anthony/images/fitfreak/2007-09-FitMeet

Alex, when you get the chance, upload them photos, most likely tomorrow would be best, I'll be uploading on Monday, since my brother is having the car for the next few days, and I happened to leave my camera in the car.

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 11-10-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:52 AM
after seeing all these FITS at the meet today just made me want to do so much more to my car.

THANKS for all those who came, it just made me want to spoil my car more. lol

Old 11-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
after seeing all these FITS at the meet today just made me want to do so much more to my car.

THANKS for all those who came, it just made me want to spoil my car more. lol
Vince,

I'll bet that you are not as worried about hill driving after this meet as you used to be!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought everyone would be driving alot faster and i wouldnt be able to keep up.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Dave,

When we were leaving we saw your Fit on the side of the road and almost stopped but figured if you needed help you would wave one of us down. Was everything ok?

Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned
Thanks for your concern Tyler. Yeah, everything OK- I was leaving a message for my wife, and rearranging some junk that was rolling around on the floor.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
I thought everyone would be driving alot faster and i wouldnt be able to keep up.
ROFL! You have not seen Bernard and myself on the way up!
We were going 8, 9/10's and pulled away from the rest until SUV blocked us and would not move out of the way. I was so impressed with stock Fit with Eibach Pro springs on my Fit and Bernard's Progress springs (I just wish I had Progress sway bar like Bernard to cure under steer) that my confidence grew to a point where I was left foot braking into turns while keeping my right foot on the throttle never letting an engine below 2.5-3K RPMs! I was rocketing out of the apexes! I gained even more respect for pedal shifters! Never once I felt like in disadvantage to manual Fit's! Brakes never faded, but we were not pushing as hard on the way down. Better brake pads are a must though!

Manxman was no match for anyone though!

It is just a mater of time before we end up with a track event for a meet! LOL!

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING! ESPECIALLY ALL THE LAST MOMENT ARRIVALS! YOU MADE IT EVEN GREATER!
SPECIAL THANKS TO MACBUDDY FOR HIS COOKING EXPERTISE! WE ALL IGNORED FOOD FOR DRIVING FUN, BUT NOT HIM!

Last edited by ciburri; 11-11-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-11-2007, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Tool, please upload those photos to my site please.

Dave, we saw you on the side of the road too, and I told my brother to sit back so I could see, we slowed down, and you were fine... or so we thought.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Retired Moderator
A track event sounds really awesome! Thunderhill would be a pretty cool place..It would be the safest place to drive fast!

Glad to hear everything was all good Dave!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
Tool, please upload those photos to my site please.

Dave, we saw you on the side of the road too, and I told my brother to sit back so I could see, we slowed down, and you were fine... or so we thought.
I have no idea on how to do that man, please explain and ill be happy to uplaod them to your site

Old 11-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned
Anthony,
You thought correctly, but thanks for noticing. I left earlier than I had planned because I wanted to shoot a video of other Fits driving down ahead of me. I discarded the video idea because to get the road curves and cars in proper perspective, I would have had to tailgate the Black Fit ahead of me (don't know who was driving). A good video was not worth crowding and pissing off one of our members.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
I sent everyone PMs on how to do them. I sent them for the last fit meet we had. I'll resend yours, since i still have the instructions and the usernames/passwords for the logins.

EDIT: Resent you the PM, since I know I sent them the last time.

EDIT 2: Also, I need to know who needs to upload uncompressed photos, cause the last time I gave out 8 accounts, only 3 people uploaded.

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 11-11-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:03 PM
manxman i think u were behind me after we left the park right? my friend was driving my car though, because he wanted to test out the road. I wish i left earlier from stockton because it suck to drive up the mountain alone, seemed like it took forever to reach the observatory, but on the way back it was so much funner going downhill with the group. I almost gave up and went back home after seeing no cars for a while when going to the observatory. i thought i took the wrong road

Old 11-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Elem3nt
manxman i think u were behind me after we left the park right? my friend was driving my car though, because he wanted to test out the road. I wish i left earlier from stockton because it suck to drive up the mountain alone, seemed like it took forever to reach the observatory, but on the way back it was so much funner going downhill with the group. I almost gave up and went back home after seeing no cars for a while when going to the observatory. i thought i took the wrong road
Good thing you didnt turn around! That would have sucked...

Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone, thanks again for such a fun meet! We had a great time seeing everyone's Fits and getting to meet most of you. The drive was awesome!
I posted in the pics thread, but also wanted to add my link here in case anyone missed it.
Thanks again!

Fit Freak Fall 2007 Bay Area Meet - a photoset on Flickr

Last edited by MRsunrise; 12-14-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Nar, no Base Fits...

Old 11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Tetsurin
Nar, no Base Fits...
That's because our Base Fit representative had to work- we missed you.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned
MRsunrise,

Very good photography! I particularly liked your action shots on the road.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned
Thread: Bay Area FitFreak meet pics/Vids!
View Single Post #39 (permalink)
Today, 03:32 PM
manxman vbmenu_register("postmenu_193646", true);
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net

It looks like making the DRIVE the focus of this meet wasn't a bad idea. With this road and this many Fits, and the skilled photographers that we had, we could have made our own copy of the Volkwagen "roller coaster" ad ("closed course and professional drivers, right?").

I minimized the food emphasis because of the undependable weather, but "macbuddy" had the right idea. Bringing water, a stove, and instant hot drinks was brilliant BECAUSE of the lousy weather. If we do not meet next in 100 degree weather, I will bring another stove, water, kettle and drinks too.

Here's another Fit Meet suggestion for any time in the future- Roaring Camp Railroad in Felton. We can ride the antique steam train through the mountains down to Santa Cruz and back, and the Roaring Camp parking lot is big enough for all of us.

I think that there are BBQ grills (may be wrong about that) but if not, the park sells a good steak & beans BBQ meal along with the usual tourist attraction junk food. I know one of the train engineers, and we could plan a meet during their off-season (not winter though) so that we don't try for a meet when this park is jammed with tourists.

Unfortunately for the North Bay folks, this again is South Bay- I have lived here for 25 years, so this is the area that I know. So, you guys should come up with interesting meet sites and make me drive to them for a change.

Happy Holidays to everybody!

Dave

manxman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to manxman
Send email to manxman
Find all posts by manxman
Add manxman to Your Buddy List

Quick Reply: 11/10/07 Bay Area Fit Meet- New Datails