11/10/07 Bay Area Fit Meet- New Datails

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM
you must have a lot of money to have a mechanic do that swap or you must be a real competent mechanic. I for one would have to pay someone to do it for me.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:00 AM
I only wish I had that kind of scratch. I'd pay off my student loans with it.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
wish i had money to pay off my loans.... i should have payed off my loans before i bought this car but oh well. I AM HAPPY!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Retired Moderator
It looks like it may rain next saturday....That would suck..

Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
It looks like it may rain next saturday....That would suck..

don't jinx us lol

Old 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
don't jinx us lol
**knocks on wood** dang... i hope it doesnt rain...

Old 11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
If this run doesn't convince people to get a sway bar or better springs, I'm not sure what will. Mt. Hamilton is a pretty technical road, so there's two things that we need to fervently wish for: 1) no rain, and 2) no one else on the road. My brother has been talking about his experiences on the S2000 group drives there, and he's said it's exactly like Initial D, so that's what to expect, if you haven't been up there before.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Tetsurin
If this run doesn't convince people to get a sway bar or better springs, I'm not sure what will. Mt. Hamilton is a pretty technical road, so there's two things that we need to fervently wish for: 1) no rain, and 2) no one else on the road. My brother has been talking about his experiences on the S2000 group drives there, and he's said it's exactly like Initial D, so that's what to expect, if you haven't been up there before.
Yeah its a pretty sweet road from what i hear..Lets hope for NO rain!

But even a stock Fit will handle a twistie road extremly well!

Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
LOL! I am looking into Eibach Pro Kit since Kg/mm are impossible to get. Pro Kit seems to get a minimal drop with greatest emphasis on comfort. Does not hurt to eliminate body roll and squatting either as long as I can get comfort with it. I do not like jittery ride of OEM springs with an empty car over concrete FWY joints! I hate body roll even more though! Compromises, compromises!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned
So far, TV weather reports have been talking about only the possibility of rain at the end of the week in the North Bay. But they are frequently wrong as we all have seen. Since food preparation won't be dependent upon the weather, and UNLESS it is absolutely POURING, I will be at the Orchard Supply Hardware parking lot at 10:00 a.m.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Well we will be South Bay, so thats good news..But im rain or shine as long as we have at least 8 Fits!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I'll be there on Saturday no matter what.. I've never been to Mt. Hamilton... an dif you say that its like initial d (lol) I'm looking forward to this... I've driven through Morrison canyon, redwood rd, and calaveras enough times and am definately looking forward to new scenery! (although I can never get tired of driving through calevaras!) Does anyone know how to get to livermore and sunol canyon? those roads are pretty fun too... but I always go with a friend late at night and I don't remember where the turn off is

Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

This sounds so technical!!! My expertise in driving Fit has been 101 1st & 2nd gear traffic! I am still not used to the blind spot and lane change of the car. Initial D..humm...drifting with a FWD Fit?! No way.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by martymcfly
This sounds so technical!!! My expertise in driving Fit has been 101 1st & 2nd gear traffic! I am still not used to the blind spot and lane change of the car. Initial D..humm...drifting with a FWD Fit?! No way.
Initial D minus the drifting

Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by martymcfly

FWD doesn't really "drift" it just power slides and body rolls... or at least I don't count it as drifting... BUT IT'S STILL FUN!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
SORRY. everybody. I just came back form my friend's wedding.

I'm sure I will go to the meet. can't wait again. happy to hear there are a lot of FIT this time.

PS: any one going form the SF or near? maybe we can go together.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by lilcat
SORRY. everybody. I just came back form my friend's wedding.

I'm sure I will go to the meet. can't wait again. happy to hear there are a lot of FIT this time.

PS: any one going form the SF or near? maybe we can go together.
Sweet!! Happy yot hear your still a go for the meet!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I wanted to see if people in the east bay side (like hayward, san leandro, etc.) would like to meet at racing labs in union city... it's where I go to get my parts =D

Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, been waiting for you to get here to meet up with you, I will be bringing my second car (Honda Civic 2003 Hybrid) which isn't that great, but me and my brother will be switching out on driving with the Fit...

I'll drive back in the Hybrid, but driving up there will be me. =D

Old 11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like I'm 90% in. I won't be able to caravan with the dublin group, but I will try my best to make it to Osh before you guys leave for the mountain. This is gonna be funnnn!!!!!

Quick Reply: 11/10/07 Bay Area Fit Meet- New Datails