3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Got a sound clip of them at work?

Old 07-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
more pics of the hella trumpets, this time, compared to the oems. as you guys will find out, the hella's are THICK

the oem harness being so short, reallyi makes the install unpleasant. it would appear, its not as plug&play as expected, and may required some fancy custom brackets in order to make it fit and rotate to the proper direction (with the opening of the trumpet, facing downward). at this rate, these may seriously come off and I will just go with the Hella SuperTones instead
I have not seen the OEM harness style adapter before. Granted, my online searches were never in-depth. Was this included specifically for the set of Hellas you purchased?

The Supertones I purchased only had two spade terminals. I spliced the OEM harness (one wire) leading to the original horn, removing the connector. You could extend the harness by splicing in between, keeping the connectors, and then mount the horns at a location of your choosing.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Got a sound clip of them at work?
I personally did not make one, but this youtube vid is what sold me. the car used in the vid has a rather, "sad" oem horn, so this is a good comparison to our oem "meep meep" horns

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
I have not seen the OEM harness style adapter before. Granted, my online searches were never in-depth. Was this included specifically for the set of Hellas you purchased?

The Supertones I purchased only had two spade terminals. I spliced the OEM harness (one wire) leading to the original horn, removing the connector. You could extend the harness by splicing in between, keeping the connectors, and then mount the horns at a location of your choosing.
our factory horn harness, has 2 wires leading into it right? and then, the harness itself has just 1 pin inside.... if i recall?

this is the harness I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XM107FC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XM107FC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

by the looks of the pictures, I'll have to splice the oem harness (remove it entirely) and tap the "back to stock horn harness" red/black wires to the oem's 2 wires.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
do you guys think I can leave the oem harness as is.... and simply plug the red wire from the harness kit, into the 1 pin thats located inside the oem harness .... and make it work?

Old 07-20-2018, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, ECF, you got the ktuner, have you only plugged in with the stock tune? Or did you have it tuned/tune it yourself? Cheers, d

Old 07-20-2018, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Hey, ECF, you got the ktuner, have you only plugged in with the stock tune? Or did you have it tuned/tune it yourself? Cheers, d
I can only dream of/wish I had the talent and ability to tune a car

For the time being, I'm running the included "stage 1" map. One day, I'd like to find a tuner to work with, and create a custom tune for the mods I have/will have

Old 07-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Perhaps the newer generation of Fit has two wires leading to the horn?

My horn wire harness only had one wire leading to the OEM horn. I cut that, stripped it back a little, then used some butt connectors to another length of wire. The new wire was split in two to each Supertone. The remaining post on each Supertone was wired to the frame/mounting bracket as ground. This is similar to what the stock horn does (one wire for power, chassis ground).

I did not use the relay, nor did I run any in-line fuse to the battery. I read that not doing so could lead to the wire catching fire, but I have yet to see that happen (in this car or other cars of mine that have had aftermarket horns installed).

Old 07-20-2018, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
I wonder if I can just ground the neg wire, and the pos wire to the rest of the harness .... hmmmm

Old 07-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
$365 for a ktuner v1.2..... yall better hurry

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253759429455
yah but wat are u going to do with an NA engine.. skip.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
I wonder if I can just ground the neg wire, and the pos wire to the rest of the harness .... hmmmm
the horn usually only needs one hot wire and the housing is grounded. give it a shot.

i use supertones on my STI with a perin mount. it sounds.. LOUD! not a pretty tone at all which i likes on a wrx.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
hmmmm, that gives me an idea ... i currently have hella's on my 04 wrx .... ill take off the grille and see how I did the install. IIRC .... the hot wire was connected to the actual horns and the black wire was grounded to the hood latch.... will report back in a few hours!

Old 07-20-2018, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah but wat are u going to do with an NA engine.. skip.
i know its not much, but its SOMETHING. it helps with simple stuff like .... driving to vegas, in 5th or 6th gear ... and I need a little extra kick going from 65 mph to 80mph so I can pass up a truck.

its not a STAGE 2'd sti or wrx, but it really helps. you gotta give it a try some day, for kicks & giggles. maybe someone nice can let you borrow their ktuner for 1 day

Old 07-20-2018, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
hmmmm, that gives me an idea ... i currently have hella's on my 04 wrx .... ill take off the grille and see how I did the install. IIRC .... the hot wire was connected to the actual horns and the black wire was grounded to the hood latch.... will report back in a few hours!
yah, keep us posted.

i know its not much, but its SOMETHING. it helps with simple stuff like .... driving to vegas, in 5th or 6th gear ... and I need a little extra kick going from 65 mph to 80mph so I can pass up a truck.

its not a STAGE 2'd sti or wrx, but it really helps. you gotta give it a try some day, for kicks & giggles. maybe someone nice can let you borrow their ktuner for 1 day
it does? huh.. okay. well if u notice dat big of a difference i suppose.
too bad not many places do nos refills dese days. nos is so easy to get u da power u want when needed. i had a zex system back in da day, super easy to install too and it was like a 50 or 60shot.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Tuner

I can only dream of/wish I had the talent and ability to tune a car

For the time being, I'm running the included "stage 1" map. One day, I'd like to find a tuner to work with, and create a custom tune for the mods I have/will have
I got a guy up here that can tune anything. Once I get my ktuner I'll take it to him. Doc's performance. He's from escondido, tuned my HCIE vette to 560 whp

Old 07-23-2018, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
due to a busy comic con weekend .... no new updates from me. other than, I'm more poor and lack rest

Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I got a guy up here that can tune anything. Once I get my ktuner I'll take it to him. Doc's performance. He's from escondido, tuned my HCIE vette to 560 whp
does he dyno tune? or etune?

Shawn Church has always been my go-to-guy for tunes. IIRC, he does work up in Vegas nowadays. I recently reached out to him, and found out he does tune ktuner's

Old 07-23-2018, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
actually, there is a pic or two or three I'd like to share. comic con weekend always gives me a chance to hang out with friends from out of town, and explore my own city .... something I rarely ever do for one reason or another

if you guys never been to san diego during comic-con ... its a damn good time ... highly recommended!

(my 1st time, having beer on a fishermans pier. pretty damn cool bar/experience)

Old 07-25-2018, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
cool picts evil. ive never been to one of dose events, are dese more domestic comic based theme or more japanese anime?

im neither an anime or comic fan but my wife has a j-comic library with like 4000 comic books. lol

Old 07-26-2018, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
its pop culture, more than just comics. you'll find regular ass comics, you'll find anime, you'll find comics with .... er.... tentacles ... o_0

you'll also find disney, spongebob/nickelodeon, and other popular tv shows and movies.... theres something for everyone. theres video games, too much for me to describe. you should google it, and take a look at some videos people put up, it should give you a decent "feel" for what the vibes are like at one of these epic events

Old 07-26-2018, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
tentacles? lol'ed! datz cool. SD is such a clean city too. ive been dere a couple of times when i lived in LA like 2 decades ago.. use to go down to tijuana to visit my old work's factory and all..

Old 07-27-2018, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Hey what reader is that? Looks nice!

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)