3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
the mrs wants a 2nd one.... cringe

lol
Second baby?? Easier to adopt another car!

Old 11-14-2019, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
We can start a petition for ya!! Evil's Success Petition

2 kids is a good number. You are not out numbered so survival is easier lol

So did you have to install a charger at your house? I don't live in an EV friendly area but once we catch up I would consider one.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
yea I think 2 is a good number, at a certain age they can start to watch over each other and I can go on auto pilot

Originally Posted by GolNat
So did you have to install a charger at your house? I don't live in an EV friendly area but once we catch up I would consider one.
when we purchased our house, we paid a little extra for them to pre wire in whats needed for an EV. I believe, it was a 50a/240v breaker or something along those lines. it was a good call, I know some people who had to add this feature in later by hiring an electrician and prob spent way more.

I then summoned a buddy to come over, and he helped me install a Nema 14-50 receptacle (took him like 10 mins) and we plugged my lvl 2 charger to that, all done! some ev chargers are hard wired, the one I own plugs into any rv/appliance receptacle

Old 11-18-2019, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
yea I think 2 is a good number, at a certain age they can start to watch over each other and I can go on auto pilot
Man I got two little girls, a 3 year old and the other is 14 months. The 14m is learning to hit and pull hair 'cause the 3 year old has the habit of snatching toys from her. She'll just walk by and randomly hit her sister. I envision lots of fights in the future. I wouldn't change things though, but I'm questioning my wife on why a 3rd

Old 11-26-2019, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
sorry for the lack of posts, the little monster is quite talented at soaking up my time

I was able to sneak in a wash/detail while the grandparents came to visit

Facebook Post

not seen, the work horse (the 1st gen honda insight)

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 11-26-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
unrelated, cleaning up the garage a little. I got some stuff for sale:

70A

lugs & key

shims - FULL set (still new)

key programmer + blank key

lugs

2 shark fins by beatsonic. 1 black. 1 matches alabaster silver nicely

bling for engine bay

red tow strap

poly matrix e pads for wilwoods

brake pads for oem caliper

Old 11-26-2019, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
a few more. the bag of misc hardware is insanely good to have on deck ... esp if one were to strip/ruin 1 bolt/nut

have a blue or black one, somewhere .... if red isnt your thing

Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
some MPG related stuff to share, I'm gonna quote myself from the other thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1440064

hey guys, just wanted to share my last 49 fill ups. biggest takeaway for me is going from Low Rolling Resistance tires has dropped my 10 newest fill ups from 40 down to 37.9 mpg. take it for what its worth:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Some More Charts To Share:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

NOTE:
-driving style stayed the same
-tire sizes stayed the same (but of course, brand to brand varies compared to another as far as weight and diameter goes)
-same psi in tires
-same engine mods
-same maint schedule/habits

Old 12-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Hey man!!
Do you have good experience with that D1 nuts?
I heard that lug nuts must have good safe specs...and I am looking for a good ones but most of it are over $80

Old 12-03-2019, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
for street driving, they are fine

for GOOD ones, you may want to invest in something more expensive and durable and reputable

Old 12-03-2019, 03:59 PM

for GOOD ones, you may want to invest in something more expensive and durable and reputable

OK man thanks
I will

Old 12-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Talking

heyy
I won the bid for the Ktuner by teh way

Old 12-03-2019, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
nice!!! report back once installed and give us your impressions

also, I do have mcgard lug nuts and locks for sale

Old 12-03-2019, 04:13 PM
nice!!! report back once installed and give us your impressions

also, I do have mcgard lug nuts and locks for sale
show me pics and maybe we can have a deal

tell me your impressions about ktuner...I remenber taht you recommend me that upgrade, but tell me more about it

Old 12-03-2019, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BUCARO
show me pics and maybe we can have a deal

tell me your impressions about ktuner...I remenber taht you recommend me that upgrade, but tell me more about it
the ktuner is simply a must have. the car should have came this way from honda. powerband / power delivery is much better over stock. going up a tall mountain in 6th gear is no longer a struggle. its hard to put into words.... its something someone must "feel" for themselves. I cant emphasize enough, how good the mod is per $$$. you can buy 10x exhausts and 10x intakes, and all that will amount to nothing.... w/o a ktuner.

LUGS:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1439730

Old 12-04-2019, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SO ... something strange happened. I'm in the process of selling our WRX and, a buyer instead showed interest in the GK5. Go figure!

Fast forward a few days later ... the sale takes place after a brief test drive. And like that, the GK5 has a new home. Coincidentally, the wife and I had our eyes on a suv (for the baby) and one popped up, for a fantastic price. Shortly after the GK5 sold, we picked up an F25 BMW X3 (xDrive35i = n55 motor - 3.0L I6 Turbo, awd, 300 ish hp/tq)

Heart breaking moment, was when I "removed" vehicle from my amazon garage to add the new cars *tear*

It's bitter sweet. The GK5 has been reliable, and economical. The wife did demand more space, and luxury and power.... "happy wife happy life" ... or so they say. It's a win win for the household ... as I've already begun coding it, and will soon flash it to a stage 1 tune ... moo ha ha

Old 12-04-2019, 06:08 PM
SO ... something strange happened. I'm in the process of selling our WRX and, a buyer instead showed interest in the GK5. Go figure!

Fast forward a few days later ... the sale takes place after a brief test drive. And like that, the GK5 has a new home. Coincidentally, the wife and I had our eyes on a suv (for the baby) and one popped up, for a fantastic price. Shortly after the GK5 sold, we picked up an F25 BMW X3 (xDrive35i = n55 motor - 3.0L I6 Turbo, awd, 300 ish hp/tq)

Heart breaking moment, was when I "removed" vehicle from my amazon garage to add the new cars *tear*

It's bitter sweet. The GK5 has been reliable, and economical. The wife did demand more space, and luxury and power.... "happy wife happy life" ... or so they say. It's a win win for the household ... as I've already begun coding it, and will soon flash it to a stage 1 tune ... moo ha ha

Wow, you go through car-changes faster than I change underwear!

Congrats on the new car! Hopefully you will stick around, but I imagine you'd rather be out there burying your foot into the BMW's throttle, especially after that tune.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
not sure if should feel complimented .... or a little disgusted. lol

I do plan to hang out even though the car is sold.

I emphasize keeping the forums alive and despise social media .... however ... since I will be less active on here, I figured I'd extend an olive branch for those who'd like to keep in contact IRL.

IG = https://www.instagram.com/evilchargerfan/?hl=en
FB = https://www.facebook.com/EvilChargerFan (my pref, since its possible to shoot each other messages, make calls, join groups, buy and sell, etc)

Old 12-04-2019, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
I do plan to hang out even though the car is sold.
Glad to hear. I don't own a Fit anymore and they still let me hang out

Congrats on the new purchase. That 3.0 Inline 6 is a beauty. You should tune it and not tell the wife lol.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
thanks golnat. totally thought about ya when I said i'll stick around even with car sold

so ... I did flash it to stg 1. shhhhh ... dont tell the wife

she prob wont notice the power diff, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna hide the exhaust burbles from her. maybe I could tell her, the car came that way?

Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)