3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2017 EX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
It pairs with my Samsung Note 4 with the latest Android version 6.0.1. Syncs with bluetooth, and pandora functions with the HU controlling the phone.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
So where are the pics? (c:

es
Hey stembridge and everyone! Been awhile. New house and such. Simply havent had the time to get around to the mods. I have been able to reinstall the tow hitch, air shocks, trailer lighting kit, and brake controller. Also did the LED interior lights and all season mats. Being the winter I'll likely hold off on the remaining mods for now.

Now for the 3M install. I started doing it today. Only doing one piece at a time as its a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS. The biggest issue to make sure you keep your hands wet with soap to avoid fingerprints, dont overstretch the material, squeegee out all the air bubbles before adhesive sets, and pray you dont have to "wrap" the material atound the edges. Thats where you need a shit ton of patience and a heat gun (hair dryer works too) to form the 3M without leaving marks. I just finished doing the entire front end on my wife's new 2017 WRX Limited, and let me tell you the curves and creases on that car are FAR worse than on the Fit.

Here are pics of the hood piece. No wrapping. Came out very well! Still some water marks on top but a quick wipe down will fix that. Will update as I get the 3M pieces installed!

2017 Fit EX with 3M 8 mil Pro Series Film

Soap with J&J shampoo/water...and 70% rubbing alcohol with water.

Flexible squeegee included in the kit

Wife's new 2017 WRX Limited with full 3M application on the front end.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 12-18-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
GJ! I usually do clear bra installs too, but I had a shop do my 16 STI's front end since I had the tint done at the same time last yr for a great deal.

.. and it seemed foolish not to, so had dem do my 16' GTI as well, tint and clear bra..

Old 05-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Bassguitarist1985

Being you have a 2017 and I'm planning to buy a 2017 do you have any plans to do the trailer wiring as you did on your previous model?

I need to find out the wiring for the brake and turn signals as I plan to tow my Fit behind my motorhome.
Thank you and PM and information that would be helpful to me.

Thank you in advance
Iggy

Old 05-06-2017, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iggy
Bassguitarist1985

Being you have a 2017 and I'm planning to buy a 2017 do you have any plans to do the trailer wiring as you did on your previous model?

I need to find out the wiring for the brake and turn signals as I plan to tow my Fit behind my motorhome.
Thank you and PM and information that would be helpful to me.

Thank you in advance
Iggy

iggy,

Yessir already did the wiring. Its the same as he 2015. Tows my 5x8 great. My 2015 thread has the color codes you are looking for. I see you got a 6MT too so you can flat tow in another thread. You need a tow bar now right? Roadmaster makes two variations, and on from Blue Ox I know fits. Check out etrailer.

If you tow anything with the fit, put the air shocks in you will not regret that. Also there is a 1-1/4 hitch available for cheap, and a 2" hitch but way more money. All depends on what you need.

Cheers!

Old 05-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
iggy,

Yessir already did the wiring. Its the same as he 2015. Tows my 5x8 great. My 2015 thread has the color codes you are looking for. I see you got a 6MT too so you can flat tow in another thread. You need a tow bar now right? Roadmaster makes two variations, and on from Blue Ox I know fits. Check out etrailer.

If you tow anything with the fit, put the air shocks in you will not regret that. Also there is a 1-1/4 hitch available for cheap, and a 2" hitch but way more money. All depends on what you need.

Cheers!

Bought my new 2017 Fit EX instead of the LX last night and picking up this morning.

Yes I have the Roadmaster tow plate ordered already and plan to install myself next week when it arrives. I've done these installs before so I don't expect any issues.

I asked about the wiring information because I need to setup the wiring from the motorhome to the Fit rear LED lights while I am towing the Fit.
It is almost the same as you setting up wiring for a trailer tow but I just wanted to know if you have any Honda drawing on the wiring colors at the rear lights?
Now my tail light are LED but my plan is to install diode isolator packs so the car can't get any back feed from the motorhome.
I have attached a drawing I found for what I think is a Honda Fit wiring but not sure. See attached.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 EX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl-capture.jpg  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Bought my new 2017 Fit EX instead of the LX last night and picking up this morning.

Yes I have the Roadmaster tow plate ordered already and plan to install myself next week when it arrives. I've done these installs before so I don't expect any issues.

I asked about the wiring information because I need to setup the wiring from the motorhome to the Fit rear LED lights while I am towing the Fit.
It is almost the same as you setting up wiring for a trailer tow but I just wanted to know if you have any Honda drawing on the wiring colors at the rear lights?
Now my tail light are LED but my plan is to install diode isolator packs so the car can't get any back feed from the motorhome.
I have attached a drawing I found for what I think is a Honda Fit wiring but not sure. See attached.

Etrailer already has a video for this exact setup with diode isolator packs done to a 2016 GK. Its like a 17 min video but the wiring is the exact same for the 2015, 2016, and 2017 for tow bar and trailer wiring.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiring/Honda/Fit/2017/RM-154.html?vehicleid=20171439637

Old 05-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Etrailer already has a video for this exact setup with diode isolator packs done to a 2016 GK. Its like a 17 min video but the wiring is the exact same for the 2015, 2016, and 2017 for tow bar and trailer wiring.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wir...id=20171439637

I would glad to check but have no idea what is a 2016 GK?
I looked and was unable to find that model nor the video.
Sorry for being so dumb on the GK... lol

Last edited by iggy; 05-07-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
I would glad to check but have no idea what is a 2016 GK?
I looked and was unable to find that model nor the video.
Sorry for being so dumb on the GK... lol
Third generation Honda Fit aka GK.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Hello! Wow well over a year since updating this thread. In actuality i have not reinstalled any of my mods (with the exception of the towing components) up until two weeks ago.

Just finished:

- Stereo reinstall
- Rear bumper applique
- Vent visors
- Under dash illumination
- ***passenger mirror winker and heated mirror.

Still have to do the drivers side, but ran all the wiring into the cabin and door for the passenger side. I got it done in under 2 hours (took my time) from start to finish. Did the insulated connectors to make everything modular this time in case a problem arises.

Things still to install:

- Cargo Cover
- Ivtec DOHC decals
- Body Side Molding
- Heated seats
- Driver side winker and heated mirror
- Blue LED footwell lighting with dome light function.
- Illuminated Door Sills with dome light function

I'll post some pictures not covered in my other thread. Having to do the re installation of everything means I get to do it even better the first time. Like for example I did all the wire snaking of the heated mirror/winker without removing or touching the vapor barrier. The stereo system I relocated the subs to the cargo area with some velcro to prevent them sliding all around.

More to follow soon!

Bass

Old 06-27-2018, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
heated seats? pics .... I gotta see this

Old 06-27-2018, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
heated seats? pics .... I gotta see this

Check my 2015 thread. Also threw down for those mini projector lights you just installed!

Old 06-28-2018, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
found the post, the pics appear to be dead. so by the sounds of it, you cant remove the cloth seat cover as its glue'd on. and the popular way to do this is, slap the heater element on top of the oem seat .... throw on a seat cover.... and boom, heated seats

you'll love those mini projectors!

Old 06-28-2018, 07:12 PM
All my door wiring goes through the OEM rubber wire protector. I did have to remove the doors to access it correctly.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
All my door wiring goes through the OEM rubber wire protector. I did have to remove the doors to access it correctly.

Did that on my 2015...it was a pain in the ass to support the door weight with my legs and snake the wires with my hands. Nope did the good ol coat hanger method. Took me a few tries but I got it without removing the rubber grommet or the vapor barrier. :-)

Old 06-28-2018, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
found the post, the pics appear to be dead. so by the sounds of it, you cant remove the cloth seat cover as its glue'd on. and the popular way to do this is, slap the heater element on top of the oem seat .... throw on a seat cover.... and boom, heated seats

you'll love those mini projectors!
Yessir the mini projectors will be here tomorrow! Roger that on the pics Ill have to get new ones. Still have to reinstall mine. Actually the cloth seats you can install the heated pads inside it. Trouble is you need hog pliers and rings to reassemble the seat properly. So it can be done but its a ton of work and the seat will never be perfect again. I did retrofit the OEM heated seat switches to the aftermarket harness. I never posted the wiring diagram to it but its fairly easy. See below.

------
Heated Seat Wiring info:

Switch Left - 35650-TF0-003
Switch Right - 35600-TF0-003
Screws for Switch - 93903-22320 (you need 4 for both switches.
Switch Lid - 83407-T5R-A41ZA (the part that holds the switches.
Sub Wire - 32114-T5A-J00 (The harness with the plugs for the switches you will need cut to fit to AM harness)

I'll lookup the part#s for the switches themselves, switch garnish, and short harness pigtail that has the white and blue connectors to the OEM switches. Its not terribly expensive but one would have to hack it up to make it work right. The instructions below are meant to connect the OEM harness to an aftermarket heated seat kit with High/Low switch that has a bi-color LED indicator. Its actually two leds wired in anti-parallel and thus requires an spst relay to work with the OEM switches.
-------

There is an OEM blue and white connector that hookup to the OEM switches. Each have 6 wires.

White connector from left to right, this one has one pin open

OEM White Connector----Heated seat harness/SPST
Pink------- Red Wire on HH, and Pin 30 on SPST
Gray------ Positive for Button Illumination
Green----- Green Wire on Heated Harness
Black------ Ground for button Illumination
Black------ Black Wire on Heated Harness
White------ Pin 85 on SPST

***Pin 87 on SPDT to Blue Wire on HH
***Pin 86 on SPDT to Ground

Now the blue connector is slightly different but similar

Pink-------Red Wire on HH, and Pin 30 on SPST
Gray------Positive for Button Illumination
Red-------Green Wire on Heated Harness
Black------Ground for button Illumination
Black------Black Wire on Heated Harness
Blue------Pin 85 on SPST

***Pin 87 on SPDT to Blue Wire on HH
***Pin 86 on SPDT to Ground
​​

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 06-29-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Got the mini projectors in the mail today. Didnt have a chance to install yet. They feel a bit cheap, the part that holds the projector lens looks like hard plastic, but the rest is all aluminum. Then again it should be sturdy for the application. The chips look to be heat synced properly with the copper mask under the chip mated to the aluminum. Hopefully they put some thermal compound for proper heat transfer. Cant wait to try them! Shouldnt take me long to install.

Instead spent near 3 hours routing the wires on the driver side for the winker/mirror. Driver side is VERY DIFFICULT. Snaking it through the mirror itself was easy, done in 20 minutes. The real hard part was routing through the door rubber grommet. I had to remove the MICU (the part with the fuse panel) since it was in the way. One screw and two clips mount it, and a few large connectors. I didnt do this last time on my 2015 as I had busted the rubber grommet retainer when I removed the door. Yeah...aint dealing with that shit again. Coat hanger method worked and nice and clean! Now that the wires are roughed into the cabin area, it wont take me long to button up the remaining wires and spdt relay.

***One thing I noticed on my drivers side mirror is that it lacked the outer edge section that allows you to see at a wider angle. The heated mirror I got back in 2015 has it. Wonder if that is an EX-L exclusive feature, or if it was removed from the Fit all together.

Finally, I scored an OEM cargo cover off ebay with one of those spontaneous 15% coupons, got it for $127.46 free shipping. There was an aftermarket one on there for $99 free shipping but it lacked the hooks for it to open with the hatch...and it was out of stock with about a 6-8 week replinishment date. Guess it was the best deal I could get.

Next update soon with pics!! Supposed to hit over 100 in Connecticut by this Sunday...

Bass

Old 06-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Did that on my 2015...it was a pain in the ass to support the door weight with my legs and snake the wires with my hands. Nope did the good ol coat hanger method. Took me a few tries but I got it without removing the rubber grommet or the vapor barrier. :-)

With the windows lowered, I had a stool under the door, I undid the 2 bolts and lowered the door from the stool to the floor. When doing this kind of wiring, I put in more length than needed to allow the door to be moved around a little bit.

With the stool under the door near the correct height, I was able to put the doors back on. I should be good at this as I've done it 3 times. The rear doors are smaller and easier.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Got some pics.

​​​​​​- trailer 7 way connector i installed a different mount so its not so low to the ground and instead hugging the hitch tubing

- got my cargo cover installed

- aftermarket rear bumper appliqué installed. Rougher surface than OEM and thicker.

- stereo reinstalled, subs now in cargo area. OEM tweeter sound great, but still have kenwood tweeters if I get picky.

- vent visors reinstalled, these are brand new, not transplanted from my 2015

- heated side mirrors with winkers reinstalled! Can anyone confirm they have the wide angle section on the drivers side EX version? Is it only on the EX-L version?

- nose mask installed as I've been doing some long road trips lately, no rain driving. Contrary to belief, you do need to remove the mask every few days so the paint doesnt discolor.

Next up to install once this damn 100+ F heat wave breaks:

- install mini projector headlights
- reinstall switchback front signal lights (Type A)
- install switchback headlight 'eyebrow' signals & DRL
- reinstall LED projector fog lights
- reinstall 2nd cargo area LED. One isnt enough

Finally, an ongoing discovery project, i have foglight garnishes with the DRL/switchbacks in them. However, the DRL is a blueish 8k color temp. Going to take them apart and try to replace them with 6k white lights to match the rest of the lights. More on that in time...

Nose mask
Heated mirror drivers side with wide angle
Sunroof visor, with 3M protecting paint!
EX-L winkers on an EX!
Cargo cover and relocated subs
Aftermarket rear bumper appliqué.
Tube mounted 7 way round, 4/5 trailer plug combo

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 07-05-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
this whole time.... I thought I had a crack in my mirror

(I do have that same vertical line, and my car is an lx

Quick Reply: 2017 EX 6MT - Crystal Black Pearl