3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
bicycle huh? I woulda never figured that one out, sweet!

check out my elevation changes tho!

Old 10-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Is that hard on brake pads?

My current commute is about 85 miles a day from a rural area. In a few months, my house will be renovated and I can move back into it. That'll cut my commute in half. The drawback is that'll be more in the city and my MPG will probably drop. Since I won't be going as far, I'm guessing I'll be saving on gas fill ups even though gas will be more expensive.
I should clarify, it is more like a freeway along the side/foothills. But the elevation changes are definitely felt - I have to drop to 4th gear to make it up the incline. As such, the brakes are hardly ever touched, except for the slowdowns when the idiots around me are busy texting and drifting. Usually the horn gets a workout too. An occasional calisthenic workout for a specific finger as well.

Using "bicycle" as mode of transportation must screw with Google's data-gathering - "There are all these people RIDING on the freeways....!"

Old 10-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
bicycle huh? I woulda never figured that one out, sweet!

check out my elevation changes tho!

Roller coaster!

Old 10-22-2019, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Never knew that was a feature. The fun things you learn in 2Rismo2 Commuter Life Chronicles lol

I also learned that my very flat commute actually does have elevation change!! #themoreyouknow

Name:  PIBJqdAl.png
Views: 61
Size:  4.9 KB

Old 10-22-2019, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Never knew that was a feature. The fun things you learn in 2Rismo2 Commuter Life Chronicles lol

I also learned that my very flat commute actually does have elevation change!! #themoreyouknow

Holy crap, if I had that commute I might be able to get 50mpg!

Old 11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Old 11-08-2019, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Whoa man that was a hell of a close encounter!!!
If you had started braking any later then you did you would have nailed him.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah it was definitely a pucker moment. It came out of nowhere. I saw a blur in my peripheral and just slammed on my brakes. ABS did it's job. Good thing I was already coasting as u8 was coming up to a stop sign. I pulled off to see if I had scraped it or anything but no sign of fur.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got around to ordering the 3 piece front lip. The last time I ordered it, it came from China and instead of the spoiler a box of 3M tape was delivered haha. So I had to deal with Ebay's refund process which went smoothly. This time around I ordered from a seller who is stateside so hopefully it'll have better results. I paid $58.63 with tax.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
samesies. just re installed the ebay special lip.

prev one was matte, and was destroyed by that coyote I killed on highway 15. new glossy one was 2x cheaper, and of same build quality (and like the old one, did not 100% line up/fit perfect)

Old 11-18-2019, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
How easy was the install? It looks like it comes with 3M and then was going to shoot a couple of tech screws into it. Any tips?

Old 11-18-2019, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
I used a ton of boxes to support the lip from underneath, to mock up the install. once I got it close to where I wanted it installed, I used painters tape to hold it all down. next step is to screw it all down. this install I went the lazy path and used self tap screws (dont recommend this). prev lip install involved washers/nuts/bolts, which is a smarter choice.

for my 1st lip, I skipped the 3m tape altogether. for this current lip, I did use 3m tape for a more sturdy install. once you have the lip mocked up and ready for install, at that point I peeled a tiny portion of the 3m tape's backing, once the lip was in the final phase of the install is when I fully peeled off the backing.

final tip = if possible, after you apply the 3m tape to the lip, let it all sit in the sun, to get the 3m tape nice and warm

Old 11-18-2019, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
So no self tapping screws, use bolts/nuts/washers. Thanks!

Old 11-20-2019, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
I used a ton of boxes to support the lip from underneath, to mock up the install. once I got it close to where I wanted it installed, I used painters tape to hold it all down. next step is to screw it all down. this install I went the lazy path and used self tap screws (dont recommend this). prev lip install involved washers/nuts/bolts, which is a smarter choice.

for my 1st lip, I skipped the 3m tape altogether. for this current lip, I did use 3m tape for a more sturdy install. once you have the lip mocked up and ready for install, at that point I peeled a tiny portion of the 3m tape's backing, once the lip was in the final phase of the install is when I fully peeled off the backing.

final tip = if possible, after you apply the 3m tape to the lip, let it all sit in the sun, to get the 3m tape nice and warm
Got the spoiler so that's an improvement from the last time I tried to order it. It didn't come with any 3M tape, so I'll have to source some, but it did come with some screws. The silver ones look like they are to be used for attaching the spoiler pieces to themselves and the black screws to attach the lip to the bumper. I'll source some stainless nuts/bolts/washers and mount it up in the spring. Too dang cold right now, even in the garage. I figure the 3M would mount better when it's warmer anyways.

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 11-20-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
nice. i had to source my own screws to screw down the 3 pieces together. i had to be careful not to use screws too long, those would poke through the lip

when looking at doubled sided tape, be sure to pay attn to its rating. some tape is rated for 15 lbs, some rated for 30 lbs. i believe 15 lb (3m / red / outdoors) is the popular one. I havent tried the 30 lb (gorilla glue brand) tape on lips or diffusers, but I have a feeling they could be even better than 3m. I simply used 3m, since I had a roll laying around

Old 11-20-2019, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I had some 3M tape already so I was just going to use some of that. I don't have enough, so maybe I'll look at that 30lb gorilla stuff. I looked and my concern is the section about polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP): https://www.gorillatough.com/product...mounting-tape/

Lip is ABS so it should be good, but never worked with it before.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
Installed some bosch wiperblades as the Anco ones were garbage. These definitely look nicer and we're going to have some rain tomorrow that I can try them out with.

BOSCH 4913
BOSCH 4928

Old 12-12-2019, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
any effects from wind?

ie, when you're on the highway, does the blades react to the flow of air over the blades?

Old 12-12-2019, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
any effects from wind?

ie, when you're on the highway, does the blades react to the flow of air over the blades?
None that I could tell, but it was only my morning commute in the dark. During lunch, I didn't notice anything out of wack but wasn't really looking for it either and was just on surface road speeds.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Installed some bosch wiperblades as the Anco ones were garbage. These definitely look nicer and we're going to have some rain tomorrow that I can try them out with.

BOSCH 4913
BOSCH 4928
I really like them. Super smooth and they are great in heavy rainfall. Well mine are VW branded but they are Bosch wipers

Quick Reply: 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles