3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Here's My '15 EX

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 PM
jhn
It's hard to get a decent pic with a cell phone. The contrast between white car/ black wheels make it difficult to see. I really don't think these springs have settled. There's some variances depending on how flat or level the ground is, but all things considered it doesn't seem lower to me. I just turned 9K and I put the springs on at 1700. The only time it seemed like the car got lower it when I put the front Konis on and when I increased front negative camber:

Last edited by jhn; 07-26-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
nice, thanks for the pics

i also discovered that Ground Control makes something for the GE8 which will fit the shocks you have now. haven't been able to find many people who have them on the forum, but that's another option for you if you want adjustable height.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:36 AM
jhn
Interesting. Thanks for that. I knew about those, but forgot about them too.

The front is good where it is. I don't need (nor want) to adjust the front height at all. It's a pain anyway because any time the front is adjusted it throws the alignment out. The back is easy and would be a nice option to adjust up/down for handling or cargo/ passenger load.

I'm only interested in the rear... I wonder if they'll sell them seperately?

Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 PM
jhn
Weather Tech floor mats. Perfect fit in the Fit.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:00 PM
jhn

Old 08-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Nice setup

Old 09-03-2015, 10:59 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by Manzano
Nice setup
Thank you!

I swapped out my emblems and picked up a stubby bullet antenna. When reception it poor I can pull the factory antenna out of the glovebox and swap it.

The JDM style emblems are easier to remove dirt and wax. I'm not sure I like them though. Easy to change back if I decide to do so:

Old 09-18-2015, 04:26 PM
jhn
I finally got around to replacing my tires. 205/50/16.

I'm getting some buzz on the front liners at full suspension compression. I think the only real fix is et45 or greater off-set. I've got the liners tucked behind the tabs and it's pretty good for now. it only hits if I bottom out the car. Frustrating.

It looks better, rides better, handles better. This car handles so much different (better) than a stock Fit... it is like driving a different car:

Last edited by jhn; 09-19-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 PM
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Ultra Racing Rear Torsion Bar? and with the Konis, I looked on there website and did see anything for the 15+ fits, are they for the older fits?
thanks.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:53 PM
jhn
I found a seller on EBAY.

Yes, the shocks and springs are for the GE.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Old 10-13-2015, 11:27 PM
jhn
You're welcome.

I'm coming up on 1 year on Halloween. Ive got a little over 11,000 mi and I'm still having fun with it. I picked up a cheapo G1W-C dash cam. It has a capacitor; I think it will handle the the hot summers a bit better than batteries.

Painted my tire logos.

I think I'm done. There's nothing else I really want to do to it. I might tint the windows if it helps with the heat in the summer. Any ideas?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:51 PM
Have you took it autocrossing since you've put the Bridgestones on?

Old 10-14-2015, 01:40 PM
jhn
No, not yet. Everything has been cancelled the last couple of weeks from a hurricane. I want to get some RE71's before I go. These are RE760's

Last edited by jhn; 10-14-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:04 PM
jhn
I made some changes last week. I picked up some Tein springs for the rear for their stiffer rate. They lowered the back end an additional 5mm. I also removed the rear wheel spacers. I'm not sure I like it lower. Total drop is now 44mm front; 45mm rear. the stiffer springs and narrower rear track width are helping it turn better though:

Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
how do u remove the oem H badges from the front and rear?

Old 11-23-2015, 11:41 PM
jhn
I changed them when I installed the rear garnish and sport grill. You'll most likely break them if you don't remove the grill/ garnish. Once they're off, the JDM type is held on with adhesive tape.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:47 AM
jhn

Old 11-24-2015, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Wow your car looks great! I haven't commented but I've been keeping track of this thread since I got my car to keep in mind some modding options for my own car. I love what you did with the moustache on the sport grille. I've had my eye on a new grille for a little while now, especially because one month into ownership my stock one got a big crack in it from a rock, but that moustache thing always throws me off. It makes the car look like a catfish or something. But the color matching actually looks good! (if still a little catfish-y). The only other option I found was an all-plastic Mugen styled one, and a carbon fiber piece to simply cover the glossy black part on the OEM grille.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?

That rear sway, do you mind me asking how much you paid for it? I ask because I've been looking around and some of the prices seem a little off... like how much I'd pay for a sway bar on a German car.

When you say you changed the horns, what did you go with? What did the install entail (aka where's the damn horn located anyway?)? I can't stand the meek little "meep meep" that the car makes!

Finally, I notice in that video of the exhaust, it mentions the car also has a Bisimoto intake. Any reason why you didn't also get that? Does the lack of the intake make the exhaust sound any different? I assume not really. And with the exhaust, notice any difference on the "butt dyno"?

Thanks for any help

Old 11-24-2015, 01:51 PM
jhn
Thank you! I really like this car a lot. I've only had it a year but I've been really happy with it.

I've been autoxing it a little, and my mods must coincide with the rules or I bump up to a hotter class. A simple mod like a CAI or a lip puts me in SMF and in that class pretty much anything goes. Many trailer their cars in and that's more mod than I want to do.

A Mugen grill will also put me in mod. Factory Honda grille is ok.

Out of respect for the seller I'm not going to say what I payed for the RSB but the auction had a BIN and I considered that progress was about to release one and I knew what the msrp was going to be so I made an offer about the same and let it ride. He accepted.

The horns are plug and play from College Hills. $30. There's two of them. There's a how-to video on CH's website. I took the front end loose but not all the way off like I did for the grille swap.

As for the Bisi intake I'm not sure it is available. I am very skeptical that they even do anything on a N/A motor but make noise. Not worth bumping to mod just for that.

I don't notice any HP gains from the chamber but it sure sounds good @5000+ rpm

Last edited by jhn; 11-24-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Here's My '15 EX