3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

First Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 07:13 PM
First Problem

I've had my 2015 EX for just under a year, and it has been fantastic. This morning I went out and started the car and the stereo screen stayed black. I hit the power button, and nothing.

Turned on the right turn signal and the screen lit up from the passenger side camera. Whenever I hit the button for the side camera it came on, but it wouldn't stay on, even when the right turn signal was on

I got to the office, and looked at the manual, as I was thinking maybe it's a fuse? I can't tell which fuse to check.

I looked at my phone which was plugged into the usb to charge, and it wasn't charging. Put it in reverse and the back-up camera lit up the screen, but didn't stay on.

I went for a lunch meeting and when I started up the car again, the cameras don't light up the screen at all, so no cameras, no stereo, and no USB.

I'm thinking it may not be a fuse, after all.

No electrical issues with anything else in the car. Keyless entry and start button work without issue

i am wondering if anyone has a thought before I call the dealership. It's still under warranty, but they moved and are quite a ways away.

Thanks for your time!

Old 06-22-2016, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by frazzledglispa
I've had my 2015 EX for just under a year, and it has been fantastic. This morning I went out and started the car and the stereo screen stayed black. I hit the power button, and nothing.

Turned on the right turn signal and the screen lit up from the passenger side camera. Whenever I hit the button for the side camera it came on, but it wouldn't stay on, even when the right turn signal was on

I got to the office, and looked at the manual, as I was thinking maybe it's a fuse? I can't tell which fuse to check.

I looked at my phone which was plugged into the usb to charge, and it wasn't charging. Put it in reverse and the back-up camera lit up the screen, but didn't stay on.

I went for a lunch meeting and when I started up the car again, the cameras don't light up the screen at all, so no cameras, no stereo, and no USB.

I'm thinking it may not be a fuse, after all.

No electrical issues with anything else in the car. Keyless entry and start button work without issue

i am wondering if anyone has a thought before I call the dealership. It's still under warranty, but they moved and are quite a ways away.

Thanks for your time!
Any Honda dealer should/can handle warranty issues, not just the original dealer. Call the most convenient dealer to you.