3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Door Open Warning Light/Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Door Open Warning Light/Sensor

Where is the door open/close sensor for the rear hatch door for 2015 Honda Fit EX? My keyless entry remote does not lock the doors (it does unlock) when I press the lock button. I think it is because the car thinks one of the doors is still open (the door open warning light on the dash never turns off). I checked the 4 doors and I can locate those 4 sensors but I can not figure out where that sensor is for the rear hatch?

Also, what else can cause the car to think that a door is open? I can only think of the 5 doors on the car.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LVFit
Where is the door open/close sensor for the rear hatch door for 2015 Honda Fit EX? My keyless entry remote does not lock the doors (it does unlock) when I press the lock button. I think it is because the car thinks one of the doors is still open (the door open warning light on the dash never turns off). I checked the 4 doors and I can locate those 4 sensors but I can not figure out where that sensor is for the rear hatch?

Also, what else can cause the car to think that a door is open? I can only think of the 5 doors on the car.
Jeez, essentially the same question twice ... to lock, press the lock button twice. There will be a "beep" to indicate a lock. Once more, the "door open" light serves all four doors AND the tailgate.

From Fidonet long ago ... RTFM ... Read The Fine Manual. Or even further back, my high school math teacher, Mr. Rule, RTFP.

Last edited by KentFinn; 06-20-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Jeez, essentially the same question twice ... to lock, press the lock button twice. There will be a "beep" to indicate a lock. Once more, the "door open" light serves all four doors AND the tailgate.

From Fidonet long ago ... RTFM ... Read The Fine Manual. Or even further back, my high school math teacher, Mr. Rule, RTFP.
I read the manual - all 452 pages of it. This problem is not listed in it. Nor should it be since it goes beyond just everyday usage question. And I posted this question again because there has not been answer in a month or so. Your reply is basically useless telling me to read the manual. Did it ever occur to you maybe I don't have a manual? Thanks for the input tho.....Im sure you meant well.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Jeez, essentially the same question twice
Maybe he was starting a new thread in hopes that he wouldn't get the same useless nonsense he got on the other thread; someone who insisted that there is only one sensor for all five doors. Who might that be?

RTFM
It's not in the owner's manual, so "RTFM" is not very helpful. I don't know where the sensor is, but at least I won't give useless and inaccurate responses.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Buck Fitty
Maybe he was starting a new thread in hopes that he wouldn't get the same useless nonsense he got on the other thread; someone who insisted that there is only one sensor for all five doors. Who might that be?

It's not in the owner's manual, so "RTFM" is not very helpful. I don't know where the sensor is, but at least I won't give useless and inaccurate responses.
Well, excuse the hell outta me. The owner's manual is not at all helpful and he indicated that there was a separate tailgate icon on the instrument panel. Thee isn't. Go to unavailable repair manual, right?

Old 06-21-2016, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
... he indicated that there was a separate tailgate icon on the instrument panel.
No he didn't.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I never said there was separate tailgate icon.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LVFit
I never said there was separate tailgate icon.
That's the way I read it. My bad and I apologize. Satisfied, Buck Fifty?