3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Thule roof rack and Curt basket

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Thule roof rack and Curt basket

Finally got additional space for my Fit. Since being stationed here in NC I've driven 5x to NY, and the lack of space always gets to me. 2 dogs and 2 humans was a squeeze- but when family called to ask if we can take care of their dogs while they're unable to really was the last straw!

Got the Aeroblade for both the '15 and '08. Dropped less than $500 for the whole thing (including the basket). We'll be spraying truck lining paint on the Curt though- saw a few bad reviews regarding rusting. Also- saw how thin the paint is myself.

The dogs at least have some space back there!

View from the inside

Nice rack... On the outside

Upclose!

Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
The roof metal is very thin, so be careful. Festiboi and others have dented their hoods with only their elbows and their manliness/womanliness.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
The roof metal is very thin, so be careful. Festiboi and others have dented their hoods with only their elbows and their manliness/womanliness.
We almost live in the boonies and park out in the open. The roof definitely got dented a few times from branches and pine cones, so I can see what you're saying.

Definitely love the extra space though! We're planning on following the limitations, we just needed a place to put the dog crates in.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:18 PM
What do people actually use these baskets for anyway???

All I ever see is them is a token spare tire, which makes sense if you're a in a Jeep or something and you're going off road, but I'm seeing them on Accords and Subarus and everything else. Seems like the latest car fashion accessory fad.

Sorry sopetite, I'm not picking on you it's just something I have noticed lately that is odd to me.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Redd
What do people actually use these baskets for anyway???

All I ever see is them is a token spare tire, which makes sense if you're a in a Jeep or something and you're going off road, but I'm seeing them on Accords and Subarus and everything else. Seems like the latest car fashion accessory fad.

Sorry sopetite, I'm not picking on you it's just something I have noticed lately that is odd to me.
I haven't noticed them much here- but like I said we're almost in the boonies. The only trend here is when chic-fil-a gives away sandwiches for wearing a mask/costume.

We got the basket for the 3 large dog crates for our dogs when we travel 500 miles to NY from the south.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
The dogs will love the fresh air in that Thule basket.