3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit Color Customization? - Nissan Versa Note Color Studio

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Fit Color Customization? - Nissan Versa Note Color Studio

Anyone wish we were able to customize our Fit like Nissan? Looks like you can customize the color of pretty much anything on the Note:

Nissan extends Juke's Color Studio to Versa Note

Looks like you can choose from a bunch of colors. Iunno if that's cool or tacky, but Nissan seems to think that it's a trend.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:16 PM
It looks pretty cool but I can do the same thing with a couple cans of PlastiDip and be able to peel it off or change colors whenever I want. No reason that I see to be stuck with a wild accent color if you ever decided that you wanted something different.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I've done small things like badges with Plastidip, but I'm curious how Rims would hold up with rocks chips and all. Maybe it'd hold up with like a ton of coats or something haha.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
I was lucky to get my 6MT and was not even able to chose the colour. It turned out that white was a good choice! I felt like a Henry Ford Model T customer, except the choice was white.

Yes, I did see the customization and it is cool. My daughter gently warned me that with any trendy colour, how will you feel about it in 10 years time, when the trend has passed?

Fancy colours would not sway me because under the paint you are still driving a Versa Note, which I did not like. Function over form.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bluewind
I've done small things like badges with Plastidip, but I'm curious how Rims would hold up with rocks chips and all. Maybe it'd hold up with like a ton of coats or something haha.
Rims hold up great. It's all about applying many thin coats for the smoothest finish and easiest removal when the time comes. Plastidip won't protect from curb rash but brake dust, small rock dings, and things like that won't be issues with a good coat of dip on the rims. I'll probably accent the lower portion of my WOP EX with Plum Crazy Purple in the near future. I plan to do the emblems, spoiler, center of the front lip, grille, wheel accents, and possibly the lower few inches all of the way around to protect from road grime during the winter.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I was lucky to get my 6MT and was not even able to chose the colour. It turned out that white was a good choice! I felt like a Henry Ford Model T customer, except the choice was white.

Yes, I did see the customization and it is cool. My daughter gently warned me that with any trendy colour, how will you feel about it in 10 years time, when the trend has passed?

Fancy colours would not sway me because under the paint you are still driving a Versa Note, which I did not like. Function over form.
Haha that's pretty funny that your daughter was the one who sent the warning. Just curious, but how old if your daughter? I'd be surprised if kids these days are already thinking like that!