3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Went in for recall, came back for engine misfires.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Went in for recall, came back for engine misfires.

Ok I brought my car in for the ignition coil recall Tuesday, Thought everything was fine. Drove all day on Wednesday, nothing. Today (Thursday) I went down stairs to start my car and all my lights come on. Check engine, traction, tire pressure and another one with a steering wheel. So I brought my car back to the dealership and after a few hours of waiting they told me the engine was misfiring! I asked could it be the new ignition coils and they said no.. and their mechanic is talking to Honda Tech over the phone? So I went home and am waiting for their call. Any one else have engine misfire after recall? or before?

Old 10-22-2015, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
No my car ran significantly better than before and it was already great.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:07 PM
update.

Well my service adviser told me my engine was misfiring and they had to talk to Honda HQ and decided to adjust the valves and replace the fuel injectors.. so now more waiting...

Old 10-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Last Tuesday evening, three lights came on: Stability assist, electric power steering, and emission. Took my fit to the dealership first thing Wednesday morning - It's still there.

They tell me that have isolated the trouble to a misfiring cylinder and are waiting for replacement fuel injectors and other parts.

This is my second fit, the other was a 09 model. My step son now drives it. It has near 300k on it and never caused trouble. My current fit never had a better fuel consumption rate than the old one (13k on it now), despite what the advertised numbers look like. I'm hoping that this will change and that I didn't acquire a lemon.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Same happened to me. There's an internal service bulletin that outlines exactly how to service this issue. They replaced all coil packs, all fuel injectors and a part of the fuel line. That's why they are waiting for parts. I don't see any difference in engine performance or fuel economy after the service was completed, and those dash lights did not come back on. All is good. Dealer did this all under warranty.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Man.. This is crazy.. cars been there since Tuesday. Recall done, valves adjusted, and fuel injectors replaced and my car is still misfiring. My service adviser told me they have done everything they were instructed to do and it still didn't fix the problem so they will have to get instructions from Honda corporate on how to repair it... any chance I can return the car?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Finally got mine back this afternoon. They replaced the fuel injectors, adjusted the valves and replaced a section of fuel line. So far so good...

Old 10-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by BLXFITTY
Man.. This is crazy.. cars been there since Tuesday. Recall done, valves adjusted, and fuel injectors replaced and my car is still misfiring. My service adviser told me they have done everything they were instructed to do and it still didn't fix the problem so they will have to get instructions from Honda corporate on how to repair it... any chance I can return the car?
Check your state's lemon law