3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Auto Headlamp Sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Auto Headlamp Sensitivity

I've noticed that the headlamps turn on, when in the auto setting, under conditions that aren't even close to low light/dark. Has anyone else noticed that this sensor seems to be off? I don't care for the feature that causes the headlamps to stay on when leaving the car at night with the ignition switched off either. So the auto headlamp setting seems to be of little use, except for causing them to come on with the wipers.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:31 AM
Have you consulted the Owner's Manual? I bet all the answers you seek can be found therein.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
I'll check again, but they are coming on way too early. This isn't my first car with auto headlamps and I realize that they may come on near sunset. Some vehicles will have an adjustment that can be accessed by the dealer. I've only had the car for a week and a half now.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
I've noticed that the headlamps turn on, when in the auto setting, under conditions that aren't even close to low light/dark. Has anyone else noticed that this sensor seems to be off? I don't care for the feature that causes the headlamps to stay on when leaving the car at night with the ignition switched off either. So the auto headlamp setting seems to be of little use, except for causing them to come on with the wipers.
I haven't really noticed them coming on in low light, but I don't mind the extra visibility. My last car I ran with the parking lamps by default. Headlights go off after a while in auto mode when you turn off the car. Or a double lock press on the key fob turns them off quicker.

It does annoy me the lights stay on in regular mode after turning off the car. I don't want to have to use auto. On my 4runner, all lights go off after about 30 seconds Or a double click of the key fob.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I haven't really noticed them coming on in low light, but I don't mind the extra visibility. My last car I ran with the parking lamps by default. Headlights go off after a while in auto mode when you turn off the car. Or a double lock press on the key fob turns them off quicker.

It does annoy me the lights stay on in regular mode after turning off the car. I don't want to have to use auto. On my 4runner, all lights go off after about 30 seconds Or a double click of the key fob.
I generally lock the doors by pressing the button on the outside of the door. In my garage I don't lock the doors. I was driving in the evening and the sun was bright, but would be setting soon. That's when I saw the headlights on. I think more time is needed. Thanks for the replies.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
had the fit a year and driven it 40k+ and i have yet to use this feature. guess i am old school. i turn the headlights on when it is dark or when i deem it necessary for safety reasons and i turn them off when they are not needed...

Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rodney
had the fit a year and driven it 40k+ and i have yet to use this feature. guess i am old school. i turn the headlights on when it is dark or when i deem it necessary for safety reasons and i turn them off when they are not needed...

It's nice with the wipers automatically.