3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Where are all the Fits???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by calamansi juice
Just crossing fingers that it doesn't take till December till they resume with the shipments of new inventory into the local dealerships.
I encourage you to check-in regularly with your salesman. I did and my salesman discovered a surprise 2016 arrival the day I called. Someone could have grabbed it had I not make a prompt visit.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
I encourage you to check-in regularly with your salesman. I did and my salesman discovered a surprise 2016 arrival the day I called. Someone could have grabbed it had I not make a prompt visit.
Good to know =) I'll do that possibly as early as tomorrow. It never really crossed my mind since the dealerships near me are also connected to TrueCar so they've been calling me every day to see if I "really" wanted a Fit or if they can persuade me into a Civic or Accord that they already have on their lot.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
Good to know =) I'll do that possibly as early as tomorrow. It never really crossed my mind since the dealerships near me are also connected to TrueCar so they've been calling me every day to see if I "really" wanted a Fit or if they can persuade me into a Civic or Accord that they already have on their lot.
You can't even window shop on Truecar. As soon as you enter your phone number and email, the dealers become relentless. I had to delete all my info and the car i was looking at to have them leave me alone.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
You can't even window shop on Truecar. As soon as you enter your phone number and email, the dealers become relentless. I had to delete all my info and the car i was looking at to have them leave me alone.
Under the current circumstance, it plays in my favor since the numerous dealerships connected via TrueCar are giving me daily updates on their current inventory, fortunately and unfortunately. I let all the calls go to voice mail but the sales man/woman that I first spoke that want to gain my business know how to truly reach me and that's with a text message.

I'm in favor of Cerritos Honda to get the first wave in since it's the largest dealership within a 75 mile radius from me. Plus that's where I purchased my girlfriend's 2015 silver Honda Fit EX AT from.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
...The wait doesn't really bother me too much nor does driving as far as San Diego to pick up the exact one I want...
You SoCal people are so close to Mexico you should be able to knock on the factory door in Celaya and drive away with a new vehicle?!? Here in Canada I have the depth of the US to get through. I'm sure US$ will be ok.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
You SoCal people are so close to Mexico you should be able to knock on the factory door in Celaya and drive away with a new vehicle?!? Here in Canada I have the depth of the US to get through. I'm sure US$ will be ok.
Even from San Diego, the drive to Celaya just to pick up a brand spanking new Fit is over 1,615 miles. And then there's the drive back... through Mexico. Lol I get your point tho.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
In case there is any doubt where all the Fits are, Honda published their September sales.

Fit sales September 2015: 1,279 -81.5%/sales day or 80.7% for the whole month from
Fit sales September 2014: 6,628

HR-V sales September 2015: 4,608

1,279 + 4,608 = 5,887

Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Disasterous sales for the 2016 Fit and HRV

Originally Posted by Dick W
In case there is any doubt where all the Fits are, Honda published their September sales.

Fit sales September 2015: 1,279 -81.5%/sales day or 80.7% for the whole month from

1,279 + 4,608 = 5,887
For year 2 of the Fit, as well as the initial sale of the HRV, this is disastrous for Honda. There is too much competition in the sub-compact market, not to mention the smaller CUV market. Other brands are eating Honda's lunch. Something is really troubling about the supply side of both these vehicles.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'll bet the people who are hoping to see a return from their huge investment in Celaya are in total agreement.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:08 AM
I took my Fit to the dealer for service today (Crown Honda at Southpoint). One solitary new Fit on the lot, and no HR-V's. The showroom had a Pilot, Civic Hybrid, an Odyssey, and whatever they call the Crosstour now. Not exactly inspiring.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
I'll bet the people who are hoping to see a return from their huge investment in Celaya are in total agreement.
Do you think Honda is regretting the decision to build a factory in rural Mexico, far from transportation, support infrastructure and a trained labor force? I would expect many heads to roll over this decision.

I'm getting very curious to know the REAL story of what is going on down there. Apparently, they're not building cars, so what are they doing?

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 10-02-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member

1,279 + 4,608 = 5,887

Well, that tells us where the Fits AREN'T, not where they ARE.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member

1,279 + 4,608 = 5,887
Nissan Sales numbers for September 2015:
Versa sales September 2015: 14,196
Versa sales September 2014: 12,072

Juke sales September 2015: 2,108
Juke sales September 2014: 1,814

14,196 + 2,108 = 16,304

Old 10-02-2015, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Honda could always sell more Fits than they do.

Even back in '07, the salespeople kept trying to sell us Civics. I guess it depends on profit margin.

As for the Versa, look up Car & Driver's road test. To paraphrase, "There are a lot of used cars that are better values". We looked at them in '07 and they were not nearly as nice as the Fit.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Versa sales September 2015: 14,196
Versa sales September 2014: 12,072
There are two flavors of Versa, the Sedan and the Note. It would be interesting to see the numbers for the Note which compares to the Fit.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I just bought my 2016 Fit this morning. The salesguy was honest with me saying he couldn't guarantee anything, but he told me they are being told 4-5 weeks, which lines up with every other dealer I've talked to.

I paid less than MSRP and got wheel locks for free.

Hopefully his time frame will be accurate and I won't have to wait until Christmas!

Old 10-02-2015, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Do you think Honda is regretting the decision to build a factory in rural Mexico, far from transportation, support infrastructure and a trained labor force?
I don't think we know enough about what's really going on in Celaya to judge how any of these contribute to the Fit and HR-V supply situation (and the Fit quality situation?) or whether it's just simple capacity limits or what. Maybe some of all of these.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:30 AM
I recently fell into the same situation. Got in a bad car accident and my '08 Fit is totaled (BTW I am so relieved at how the car kept me safe in the accident, real world proof of the safety engineering, it was a very serious accident). I'm still waiting on insurance to get back to me so I have no idea what the payout will be and want to wait to use that for a down payment. But all the freakin fits in my area are hard to find or selling like crazy. My '08 fit was the last car I bought so I don't have a regular salesman I like. The salesperson at the dealership that has the new fit I want was a bit weird, he really tried getting me to deal today (I get it, supply is low, they sell fast, and he wasn't sure about the next shipment, but I need to wait)...I also fear they won't wheel and deal because these sell so easy and people in my region are wealthy.....but I don't have the payout yet grrrrrrr. Getting kinda scared on the timing. I'm searching across the state and I'm spending an obscene amount of time searching online inventories.....

Anyway, are shipments to dealers pretty individual (per dealer) or do they ship to a bunch of dealers at once?

Last edited by sushihorsie; 10-04-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sushihorsie
are shipments to dealers pretty individual (per dealer) or do they ship to a bunch of dealers at once?
sushihorsie, so glad to hear your Fit kept you safe during the crash. To buy a replacement, consider increasing your range of dealers. While I was shopping for my car, I spotted online three Fits with my specification near a friend's house 500 miles away. I started researching a one-way visit in a rental car to buy one of them. Then, my car arrived unexpectedly at a dealer near my house. Don't give up!

Old 10-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
sushihorsie, so glad to hear your Fit kept you safe during the crash. To buy a replacement, consider increasing your range of dealers. While I was shopping for my car, I spotted online three Fits with my specification near a friend's house 500 miles away. I started researching a one-way visit in a rental car to buy one of them. Then, my car arrived unexpectedly at a dealer near my house. Don't give up!
Thank you. This is the most relieved I've been in my life. I've been in other accidents where cars got totaled, this is the most severe (at highway speed) but the human outcome was good. Never any guarantees, but I'm glad my car did it's job.

I've been keeping daily tabs on online inventories throughout my state. There are 3 dealers with the car I want, one local, two 2-4 hours away. I don't think I can drive out of state with the rental car my insurance has me in, but I did look at the next state over. Keeping fingers crossed the settlement comes before these sell because I can't really wait for a car. I'm considering buying a junker to hold me over if insurance terminates my rental before I can get a new car, rentals are just too expensive.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Fits???