3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Where are all the Fits???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by carrier
Another thing to think about is that Honda makes very little profit on the sale of FITS- this very well could be a reason theyre making so few of them. And the fact that most people who live in the city that need a car who care about the environment and gas mileage all want these subcompacts- so perhaps the dealerships in urban areas have more of a supply..In all honesty, they are all over the roads here in Boston! All 3 generations can be spotted daily on a short trip. The 2016s are here as well.
If you ever find out why there are so many 2015/16 Fits in Boston, I would love to hear about it. After a year of happily driving ours around Atlanta, the persistent rarity of the breed remains locked in mystery!

Old 08-30-2015, 12:22 AM
tju
Took my 2015 lx in to Lehigh Valley Honda/Acura for both pa state inspections (emissions and mechanical) and an oil change at 13 months and asked about the slightly out of alignment front bumper cover (the only issue I've had with the car so far and frankly it's a minor cosmetic issue for me). The quality tech who checked me in wanted to show me other fits with similar bumper issue, but there were none on the lot. In fact they had no 2015 or 16 fits and only one hrv. Last spring they had over 27 fits available... They said the hrv's are selling before they arrive

Old 08-30-2015, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Vanguard
Good for you! What color?
Modern Steel.

Extra added good news is that the weathertech mats for my Fit are an exact match to the HR-V, so saves me one less thing to buy.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by mj56gt
How much did you pay for the HR-V EX (CVT?) before the added fees?
MSRP unfortunately as they are difficult to come by and I had a limited time frame for me to get a car. But I'm not complaining as I expected to pay that anyways.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
If you ever find out why there are so many 2015/16 Fits in Boston, I would love to hear about it. After a year of happily driving ours around Atlanta, the persistent rarity of the breed remains locked in mystery!
My thinking is that Boston is such a huge college town- students who have a car need to move stuff in and out of the city every year as well as park them on the street. The FIT is a no-brainer when it comes to city-dwelling. I saw all three generations sitting back-to-back-to-back in a line at a red light the other day. It was cute....

I would have waited and perhaps gotten an HR-V but I really don't need 4WD in the city, and now that I've seen a few on the roads here I know I made the right decision. I got the right car for me. I just love hatchbacks, and I have no complaints with my 6speed EX.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by carrier
My thinking is that Boston is such a huge college town- students who have a car need to move stuff in and out of the city every year as well as park them on the street. The FIT is a no-brainer when it comes to city-dwelling. I saw all three generations sitting back-to-back-to-back in a line at a red light the other day. It was cute....

I would have waited and perhaps gotten an HR-V but I really don't need 4WD in the city, and now that I've seen a few on the roads here I know I made the right decision. I got the right car for me. I just love hatchbacks, and I have no complaints with my 6speed EX.
Interesting, and I can see how a college crowd (or several crowds) would explain a bunch of Fits. Perhaps the Atlanta crowd is polarized between pick-up customers, and high-end exec aspirants. I recently retired from a 10-year college teaching gig (at 67), and I can honestly say that our 2015 Fit is the first vehicle that I have ever felt a genuine attachment to. As you suggest, it rocks for getting around town (my usual orbital), and along with reliability and fuel-efficiency, the inclusion of my first wave of tech features has really made the new car experience special. Thanks for your feedback, and enjoy your Fit ride!

Old 09-01-2015, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
If you ever find out why there are so many 2015/16 Fits in Boston
One word: parking.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
2016 Fits in Toronto, canada

My local dealership says they've received only a sprinkling of 2016 Fits, 3-4, all pre-orders, and no DX models. They currently have 1 LX 6MT and 1 EX-L 6MT. They expect a more reliable shipment in 2-3 weeks. There are no demo 2016s at the moment. Orders with a down payment would come in faster, he encouragingly said.

The MY2016 brochures for the Fits are unavailable and he did not know specifically any changes from the 2015, but he expects some changes. I'd like to know these changes, if any, or at least a confirmation of no changes. He says that all Fits are coming from Mexico, not Japan.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
My local dealership says they've received only a sprinkling of 2016 Fits, 3-4, all pre-orders, and no DX models. They currently have 1 LX 6MT and 1 EX-L 6MT. They expect a more reliable shipment in 2-3 weeks. There are no demo 2016s at the moment. Orders with a down payment would come in faster, he encouragingly said.

The MY2016 brochures for the Fits are unavailable and he did not know specifically any changes from the 2015, but he expects some changes. I'd like to know these changes, if any, or at least a confirmation of no changes. He says that all Fits are coming from Mexico, not Japan.
Good luck with your search TorontoBoy (seriously), but your dealership sounds like a second-string druid mystic with a strange urge to bait a hook with moonbeams

Old 09-03-2015, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck with your search TorontoBoy (seriously), but your dealership sounds like a second-string druid mystic with a strange urge to bait a hook with moonbeams
While my sales guy seems honest enough, I feel a little queasy when I go to ALL the Toronto Honda web sites near me. For the 2016 Fit no prices quoted, no model numbers, MT/CVT, I need to guess, from the description whether it is a DX, LX or EX. While their used cars have all the specs, the new cars do not? It seems all very sleazy. I feel I'm getting set for a kill, and I'm dinner.

I'm looking for an informed and honest dealer that is up front with his info. Is this too much to ask? Please, why can't I just order from the internet with clear options?

I might call Honda Canada and ask them why they are not forthcoming with their 2016 pricing information. Is this the intent Honda Canada wants to send to the public?

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 09-03-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Again, good luck! The current Fit avatar is a great ride, but judging from the rest of this thread, the current production & shopping climate seems a bit unsettled.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Again, good luck! The current Fit avatar is a great ride, but judging from the rest of this thread, the current production & shopping climate seems a bit unsettled.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll wait until the balance of power swings more to the buyer side. Right now, through the smoke/mirrors and very low 2015/2016 inventory, lurks a bunch of wolves ready to ambush me. Do we really need to play these games? Apparently so in Toronto.

Recent updates from new 2016 Fit owners seem to show an uptick in apparent defects for 2016s. Is this just my imagination?

Old 09-04-2015, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll wait until the balance of power swings more to the buyer side. Right now, through the smoke/mirrors and very low 2015/2016 inventory, lurks a bunch of wolves ready to ambush me. Do we really need to play these games? Apparently so in Toronto.

Recent updates from new 2016 Fit owners seem to show an uptick in apparent defects for 2016s. Is this just my imagination?
I don't think Toronto is unique in that regard. Both Fits and HR-Vs seem to be conspicuous by their absence at Honda dealers around here.

Regarding your second question, remember, people come to these forums to complain. You're most likely to hear from people who are unhappy with their purchase. The happy ones are too busy driving.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
I was curious, so I decided to look it up...

Less than two months ago, when I bought my Fit, I used kbb.com to check local inventory in my area. There were 7 Aegean Blue Fit LX CVT's within 75 miles of me. The dealer I ended up purchasing mine at had two of them.

Today? There are zero in blue. If you don't care about the color, there are a grand total of THREE Fit LX CVT's in the entirety of the Los Angeles metro area.

I'm kind of glad my old car was totaled two months ago (which is why I bought the Fit then), and not today; otherwise I'd have been forced to buy a car I didn't really want.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Here in Florida I do not see very many Fits of any kind. .I thought it was strange being so close to Gainesville and the number of students who go to school there. Till I bought mine I never noticed the Fit as the basic design is so similar to many other brands. I second the thought that it's the best value in the compact car market .For under 20 grand out the door you have a very functional, and cheep to drive car.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Our local dealer in Peoria, IL has four on the lot - three EXs (all are 6MT!) and one EX-L CVT. Two months ago they had two rows of them.

es

Old 09-10-2015, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
I settled on Mystic Yellow Pearl, or as I call it "The Banana". I'm sure it'll grow on me. Actually it's not so bad at all. Better than black. My '10 Fit Sport is blue, so didn't want that. Modern Steel would have been nice.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:06 PM
I went to 3 dealers in 2 states, between all of them I saw one. But also I don't see that many on the road, are they either just not producing them as much as the other models or am I just not seeing them?

Old 09-14-2015, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
I'm new here, and I'm from Toronto. I want to buy the 2016 Fit and a friend of mine just purchased hers (EX CVT). I want the Navi.

She bought it two weeks ago and was told it would be a 2-4 week wait, but closer to 2 weeks. The dealer called her on Saturday and told her the very first shipment won't be here until October 20th.

She's, of course, not impressed, and I'm wondering when I should purchase mine, given all the inconsistencies we've heard about when it will be here.

I see a lot of Fits in my area, but it's true that the dealerships are remaining very vague about the 2016s.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kmcg_989
...I'm from Toronto. I want to buy the 2016 Fit and a friend of mine just purchased hers (EX CVT).

She bought it two weeks ago and was told it would be a 2-4 week wait, but closer to 2 weeks. The dealer called her on Saturday and told her the very first shipment won't be here until October 20th.

She's, of course, not impressed, and I'm wondering when I should purchase mine, given all the inconsistencies we've heard about when it will be here.

I see a lot of Fits in my area, but it's true that the dealerships are remaining very vague about the 2016s.
Went to a large Toronto Honda dealership over the weekend, looking to order a Fit, and was also told that I'd have to wait 4 weeks for their shipment. This is true especially for the 6MT. Not only were they vague about delivery, but would not even give me a written quote for the car! What's not to know from "Fit LX 6MT in Blue, no other options"? Their standard line: Come back when you want to negotiate. The problem is that I need their price to start negotiating. Meh, I'll go to another dealership.

And I don't see a lot of Fits in my area, North East Toronto. Honda dealer web sites are also pretty crappy on Fit info.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Fits???