3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

First World problems, Fit style

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
First World problems, Fit style

I really wish the keyless had an option to open all doors when you touch the drivers door handle … because I’m too lazy to reach into my pocket and tap unlock twice. I haven’t touched my remote in weeks.

I really wish Honda would put the auto open/close on all four windows, not just the driver window … because it’s become such a pain to hold that window button up/down for those 2.5 seconds. (Yeah, I had this on my last car and it was so sweet.)

Old 07-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Our Honda van just lets you hold the unlock button on the remote to lower all the windows. Too bad that feature didn't make it into the Fit. Yes, first world problems.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SLVR6
Our Honda van just lets you hold the unlock button on the remote to lower all the windows.
Yeah, my VW had something similar ... put the key in the door handle into the lock/unlock position and the windows and sunroof would close/open. It was nice.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
"I really wish the keyless had an option to open all doors when you touch the drivers door handle … because I’m too lazy to reach into my pocket and tap unlock twice. I haven’t touched my remote in weeks."

I haven't done it but see page 106 in the manual. It can be customized.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
I haven't done it but see page 106 in the manual. It can be customized.
That gives you lock/unlock options from the inside, not using keyless on the outside.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Then I chose the wrong page. There is also a thread about changing to all doors opening from the drivers door. It can be done.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Sometimes when I reconnect my iPhone after having listened to podcasts, it'll start playing music alphabetically by track name.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Back in my day, we had these things called casettes. And that's the way it was, and we liked it!

Old 07-28-2015, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
Back in my day, we had these things called casettes. And that's the way it was, and we liked it!
Two words: Eight track.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
You mean these things?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
I really wish the keyless had an option to open all doors when you touch the drivers door handle … because I’m too lazy to reach into my pocket and tap unlock twice. I haven’t touched my remote in weeks.
Because it's too hard to walk to the other side of the car and touch the PASSENGER door handle (or the hatch release) to unlock all the doors.

You DID know that works, right?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Because it's too hard to walk to the other side of the car and touch the PASSENGER door handle (or the hatch release) to unlock all the doors.

You DID know that works, right?
Of course I did. But think about it: If I'm already too lazy to just reach into my pocket, you really think I'm going to WALK all the way around to the pass side and then WALK all the way back?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:08 AM
Of course I did. But think about it: If I'm already too lazy to just reach into my pocket, you really think I'm going to WALK all the way around to the pass side and then WALK all the way back?
LOL, I fully agree. It would be nice if one touch of the door handle would unlock all doors and also if it had the one-touch feature on all windows. I'm sure that will eventually trickle down to the Fit but for now those features aren't as common on subcompacts as they are on the pricier models. My wife's Lexus also has a nice feature where you can open the windows and sunroof from the key fob (really comes in handy on hot days when you want to cool off the interior before getting in).

Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
LOL, I fully agree. It would be nice if one touch of the door handle would unlock all doors and also if it had the one-touch feature on all windows. I'm sure that will eventually trickle down to the Fit but for now those features aren't as common on subcompacts as they are on the pricier models. My wife's Lexus also has a nice feature where you can open the windows and sunroof from the key fob (really comes in handy on hot days when you want to cool off the interior before getting in).
I started this thread to sort of poke fun at myself for having this cool car but half-complaining about wanting even more ... I guess I'm spoiled to a certain degree. I'm old enough to remember when getting an FM radio in a new car was a huge deal -- an eight-track or cassette was out of the question. But back then the automakers didn't pay much attention to ICE and the stock units sucked anyway, so the first thing you did (after buying floor mats) was figure out which head unit to get, where you were going to put the speakers and how you'd get the wires to them.

Last edited by bach; 07-29-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by exl500
Then I chose the wrong page. There is also a thread about changing to all doors opening from the drivers door. It can be done.
Would be interesting since that's not covered in the lock/ unlock section of the manual (pages 90-110). On the Accord, the feature is selected via a menu on the screen.

Agree with the OP that it's too bad this feature and type window/roof operation didn't trickle down, but oh well. It's a lower end car.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jay Bulworth
You mean these things?

That was the upgrade I had- with a Discman velcroed to the tunnel.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Well, if I wanted to get into the passenger side or the "boot", I'd just open those doors in the first place. The only doors you can't just "grab and open" are the rear passenger doors.

Like you said; "first world problems."

Old 07-29-2015, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
My wife's minivan lets you open the sliders and the liftgate with the remote.

It's niiice.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Well, if I wanted to get into the passenger side or the "boot", I'd just open those doors in the first place. The only doors you can't just "grab and open" are the rear passenger doors.
My tongue-in-cheek post here all started because I've gotten into the habit of using the "tall mode" in the back. It's more convenient for me to just toss my briefcase or groceries or whatever on the floor in the back, mostly because stuff doesn't tend to slide around as much as it would in the hatch or the rear seats (I guess I tend to take corners harder than the average bear). And because I also was in the habit of using the door handle to lock/unlock the the car, it seemed like a real PITA to get that back door open -- until I realized I had become so spoiled that all I had to do was reach into my pocket and click twice.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Love the push to start option in the EX, but hate the fact that I don't have a physical volume knob.

Also not having an Iphone, I sure wish I could link my Android the same way those apple users do.

Quick Reply: First World problems, Fit style