3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

First World problems, Fit style

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Ah, Vermont, "Freedom and Unity", right? Note I said "some states" in my original response. I'm in Tennessee, "The Volunteer State." Laws vary from state to state, even city to city.

Going off subject, but to provide an example, I am the holder of a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit. I can, and do, carry pretty much where I want to do so. There are a few exceptions, like schools and the post office. A private business can post that such carry, even when licensed, is forbidden. But the sign must be of a certain size, in a certain font and must quate the appropriate section of TN Code Annotated.

One woman was going to have me arrested when she saw the Ruger under my shirt (TN law does not require concealment). She did not have the correct sign, just the international sign of handgun in a barred circle. "M'am, the best you can do is ask me to leave, not have me arrested."

"A policeman told me I could have you arrested!" Well, he told her wrong. Part of the procedure of getting the perment was a short lecture on the carry permit law (min. 4 hours) and the being given a book by a well versed lawyer.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, but if you have a perfect understanding of the law, you're way ahead of a lot of police officers, lawyers, and judges.
Another big benefit to being a Vermonter: no carry permit. It only bites you in the ass when you want to carry out of state. No permit means no reciprocity. It's not that I have a perfect understanding of the law, but because of what I do (technology, largely for police departments) I've spent a lot of time with the mobile device laws in this state. For example, we weren't able to get an exception for the MDTs here, so officers themselves aren't allowed to use their automatic plate readers. Weird stuff like that.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Different states and different attitudes

Most of the states around Tennessee have similar laws and reciprocity them and many others. There is s stalled movement in Congress to make carry permits like drivers licenses.

Just imagine if NY and NJ enforced their driver licenses like they do their carry laws .... shudder.

If I wanted to visit New England, I would have to route around several states, adding miles to the trip.

BTW, I don't text. I hate the very thought. Sometimes true meaning is lost because there is no tone of voice, no real attitude expressed, emoticons not withstanding.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Telling Siri to play some Led Zeppelin isn't illegal. Haha

Old 08-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by ChazLyle
Telling Siri to play some Led Zeppelin isn't illegal. Haha
Have you ever had her tell you "Sorry, you aren't listening to the correct music app"? Such a buzz kill.

Look, Siri. I know that I was listening to Audible. I now am sure I want to listen to the Beatles. Smarten the hell up and switch apps.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:58 PM
I actually turn Siri off the second I get a phone haha she annoys me.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ChazLyle
I actually turn Siri off the second I get a phone haha she annoys me.

She has been re-dubbed "The Dumb Blonde" by several of us, not that blondes are necessarily dumb, my sister in FL is anything but dumb.

There is an auto ins. co. here that uses a farmer as there spokesperson since you supposedly want to go to a farmer to get good advice. The character's name is Charlie. One ad he is getting directions from his GPS. He suggests different directions to the female GPS voice. "Good advice, Charlie," the GPS responds. My daughter and I now call the male voice on the Garmin "Charlie."