3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

First World problems, Fit style

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EcoBoost
Love the push to start option in the EX, but hate the fact that I don't have a physical volume knob.
Speaking of the keyless and the ICE unit, here's another problem: I have a 6MT and would LOVE to be able to turn the engine off and leave the radio on, but I don't think it can be done. I know I can hit the start button after shutoff but I don't really want to cycle through the whole acc-on-off thing again (not to mention the music interruption). A few times, out of sheer frustration, I've just kept the car in gear and let out the clutch while stomping on the brake, but I can't imagine that being good for my car in the long run (or even the short run).

Old 07-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I also have the manual transmission and it is a minor annoyance to not be able to listen to the rest of a song before the power cuts out. In my truck the radio will stay on for up to 20 minutes, or until I open the door. Would love this in the Fit.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
Of course I did. But think about it: If I'm already too lazy to just reach into my pocket, you really think I'm going to WALK all the way around to the pass side and then WALK all the way back?

And to think that both my late mother and my ex-wife called me at one time or the other the laziest man on earth. I'll concede the title to you.

What I'd like is a hatch release on the inside near the gas door and the hood release. If nothing else, it could make a great weapon, the spring on that hatch could launch a low altitude rocket.

Kent

Old 07-29-2015, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
What I'd like is a hatch release on the inside near the gas door and the hood release. If nothing else, it could make a great weapon, the spring on that hatch could launch a low altitude rocket.
Yeah, I wondered about the hatch release too. My previous car had a hatch release lever on that little strip of floor between the drivers seat and door, and it's just in the last week or so that I've stopped automatically going for it when I want to open the hatch.

Speaking of the hatch: that outside release button has light bulbs on either side -- well actually I've only seen the white plastic covers but I assume the bulbs are under there. Anyway, I hope those covers are rrrreally sturdy because I've only had the car two months and Mr. Clumsy that I am I've been grabbing at those covers way more than I like so far when going for the hatch button. Plus that chrome trim across the hatch under the glass holds fingerprints better than an FBI database.

Last edited by bach; 07-29-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Speaking of the keyless and the ICE unit, here's another problem: I have a 6MT and would LOVE to be able to turn the engine off and leave the radio on, but I don't think it can be done.
That is one nice thing about the CVT, you can turn the engine off without turning your accessories off.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
Speaking of the hatch: that outside release button has light bulbs on either side -- well actually I've only seen the white plastic covers but I assume the bulbs are under there. Anyway, I hope those covers are rrrreally sturdy because I've only had the car two months and Mr. Clumsy that I am I've been grabbing at those covers way more than I like so far when going for the hatch button. Plus that chrome trim across the hatch under the glass holds fingerprints better than an FBI database.
Those "covers" are the sockets for the license plate lamps. I've had them in and out a couple of times while trying different LED bulbs. They're pretty rugged, so I wouldn't worry.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
> I really wish the keyless had an option to open all doors when you touch the drivers door handle...

I thought the Honda salesman demonstrated that when entering the 2015 Fit, if you lift the driver's door handle twice the passenger's door unlocks. If not the Fit it was the Prius or was it the HRV. I've been on too many test drives

Old 07-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Press Fit
> I really wish the keyless had an option to open all doors when you touch the drivers door handle...

I thought the Honda salesman demonstrated that when entering the 2015 Fit, if you lift the driver's door handle twice the passenger's door unlocks. If not the Fit it was the Prius or was it the HRV. I've been on too many test drives
It must have been on some other car since that, unfortunately, won't work with the Fit.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
I'm surprised noone was privvy to, or just didn't mention that the drivers side only unlock feature is an anti-abduction/attack measure.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by KByers12
I'm surprised noone was privvy to, or just didn't mention that the drivers side only unlock feature is an anti-abduction/attack measure.
I think most people are aware of that, but in some areas it isn't as much of a concern and the convenience of being able to unlock all doors with one touch is more important/desirable.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
I think most people are aware of that, but in some areas it isn't as much of a concern and the convenience of being able to unlock all doors with one touch is more important/desirable.

Honda could easily have programmed that door handle button to unlock all doors; the lock/unlock toggle doesn't seem intuitive to me. But having said that, the lazy man in me realizes that it's nice sometimes to hit that door handle button to lock the car without reaching all the way into my pocket to tap the remote once.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:36 AM
My only first world problem with the Fit is that I hate all the tech. I love the car, but don't want touchscreen controls or any in depth anything. I've decided I don't like push button start at all either. Can't kill the engine with a partial turn of the key when I want. Can't do anything manually that I want (except shift ). Ha

Old 08-11-2015, 11:03 AM
First world problem: I can't use Siri if I am turning right. Stupid blind spot camera.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by IamNabil
First world problem: I can't use Siri if I am turning right. Stupid blind spot camera.
Quick click of a button turns it right back off ha. I'm not sure but I believe I've read that you can disable the camera when turning as well. You could just use it when wanted then if that's true.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Obey the law

Some states have laws about using the phone even hands free, while driving. If you're turning right, you are most surely driving. Hands on the wheel, eyes on the road, brain engaged. Minimize distractions like cell phones and texting. (This message sponsored by the forgotten 7th sense, Common)

Old 08-11-2015, 11:45 AM
It's not the law. He is obeying it. If I can make Bluetooth phone calls and use Siri in California-Stan then he can pretty much anywhere ha.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Some states have laws about using the phone even hands free, while driving. If you're turning right, you are most surely driving. Hands on the wheel, eyes on the road, brain engaged. Minimize distractions like cell phones and texting. (This message sponsored by the forgotten 7th sense, Common)
The law in my state is that I cannot use a handheld electronic device, with the exception of a ham radio, while driving on a state highway. It does not prohibit holding the button on the steering wheel and using siri.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
The law in my state is that I cannot use a handheld electronic device, with the exception of a ham radio, while driving on a state highway. It does not prohibit holding the button on the steering wheel and using siri.

Don't bet on it, but in any case, using hands free cell phones can be just as distracting as one actually in the hand. The 7th Sense, Common doesn't want to see dead people, or even bent fenders.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Don't bet on it, but in any case, using hands free cell phones can be just as distracting as one actually in the hand. The 7th Sense, Common doesn't want to see dead people, or even bent fenders.
Don't bet on what? I work with police. We've discussed their enforcement policies regarding it. I'm quite sure I understand the law, as written, and as enforced. As far as hands free calling, if you are distracted by it, don't do it. I use siri to send texts. The car then reads them to me. It's not distracting.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Don't bet on what? I work with police. We've discussed their enforcement policies regarding it. I'm quite sure I understand the law, as written, and as enforced. As far as hands free calling, if you are distracted by it, don't do it. I use siri to send texts. The car then reads them to me. It's not distracting.

Ah, Vermont, "Freedom and Unity", right? Note I said "some states" in my original response. I'm in Tennessee, "The Volunteer State." Laws vary from state to state, even city to city.

Going off subject, but to provide an example, I am the holder of a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit. I can, and do, carry pretty much where I want to do so. There are a few exceptions, like schools and the post office. A private business can post that such carry, even when licensed, is forbidden. But the sign must be of a certain size, in a certain font and must quate the appropriate section of TN Code Annotated.

One woman was going to have me arrested when she saw the Ruger under my shirt (TN law does not require concealment). She did not have the correct sign, just the international sign of handgun in a barred circle. "M'am, the best you can do is ask me to leave, not have me arrested."

"A policeman told me I could have you arrested!" Well, he told her wrong. Part of the procedure of getting the perment was a short lecture on the carry permit law (min. 4 hours) and the being given a book by a well versed lawyer.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, but if you have a perfect understanding of the law, you're way ahead of a lot of police officers, lawyers, and judges.

Quick Reply: First World problems, Fit style