3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

someone stole my antenna!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
someone stole my antenna!

I was out after dinner last night (it was 4WD night at the car show!) and on the way back home I noticed my AM radio reception was kind of scratchy until I hit the top of the hill. I figured it was just a reception glitch, but this morning I noticed this morning that my antenna was gone!

I'm thinking someone must have unscrewed it in the parking lot while I was checking out the rides. So this morning I went to Honda to get a new one. It's only $7 (I was waiting for him to say $75!) but it wasn't in stock so I ordered it. I was going through the showroom on the way out and happened to see my salesman; he wasn't busy so I stopped and we talked a bit. When I told him about the antenna, he jumped up, gave me an evil little smile and said "follow me." First he took me back to parts and canceled my order. Then he walked me to the back lot, unscrewed an antenna off a black EX, handed it to me and told me to "put it in your pocket and look nonchalant on your way back to your car."

On the walk back my only thought was: I hope no one sees us because we just came from the back lot and now it looks like I have a raging boner.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Score for you.

And now somebody who buys a new car can't get it delivered since they don't have an antenna for it. Just saying… Hope your salesman is the guy who sells it.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
LOL! Cool story and nice salesman.

Why don't yu put a shark antena. It might look better. Just my two cents.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by bach

On the walk back my only thought was: I hope no one sees us because we just came from the back lot and now it looks like I have a raging boner.
LOL! at least u didn't just come from the Finance guy's office!

Old 07-23-2015, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dick W
And now somebody who buys a new car can't get it delivered since they don't have an antenna for it. Just saying… Hope your salesman is the guy who sells it.
Righteous indignation noted. But c'mon, I really doubt any dealer (or my salesman) will hold back delivery of a car because of an easily replaceable $7 part.

Actually this sort of thing is common in the back lot; stuff gets swapped out or goes missing all the time. When my wife got her Scion they swapped her hubcaps in the back. Before we got married she was the girl friday for a Lincoln Mercury dealer. They changed hubcaps there too as well and I remember something about chrome air filter boxes and those old-timey popout cigarette lighters. And on slow days one salesman used to take women friends back there for long talks in the big ol' Continentals. Good times.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:31 PM

Old 07-23-2015, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=bach;1314118
Actually this sort of thing is common in the back lot; stuff gets swapped out or goes missing all the time. When my wife got her Scion they swapped her hubcaps in the back. Before we got married she was the girl friday for a Lincoln Mercury dealer. They changed hubcaps there too as well and I remember something about chrome air filter boxes and those old-timey popout cigarette lighters. And on slow days one salesman used to take women friends back there for long talks in the big ol' Continentals. Good times.[/QUOTE]

Oh men you are so going to jail! LOL

The same happened to my now that i recall. One of my hubcaps where missing so the sales man stole one from another car. Then after couple months I realize that there is missing some stuff from the wheel replacement. But i don't think he be willing to "take out" one of that.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
I really doubt any dealer (or my salesman) will hold back delivery of a car because of an easily replaceable $7 part.
I wouldn't take it without one.

When it is the last one on the lot (or the one that contributes its antenna to this car when it sells)--and they still don't have that $7 easily replaceable part in parts inventory--somebody will have an issue. I know this kind of stuff happens all the time. Not sure that makes them best practices.

Was looking at and having wife see and drive a '15 EX CVT today with 25 miles. It already had a scratch across the touch display. Sigh.

Sadly, the Fit had pretty low WAF. Maybe I'll be posting somewhere else (hrvforum.com???) soon?

Old 07-24-2015, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dick W
I wouldn't take it without one.

When it is the last one on the lot (or the one that contributes its antenna to this car when it sells)--and they still don't have that $7 easily replaceable part in parts inventory--somebody will have an issue. I know this kind of stuff happens all the time. Not sure that makes them best practices.
Righteous indignation noted, again.

I wouldn't take one either. At least we agree on that. The rest ...

Too bad about the low WAF. At one point I was looking seriously at a white 5MT Fiat Abarth; the deal was so compelling (less than street price EX-L) and it was OMG holy hell so fun to drive. I could maybe have looked the other way about the lack of utility and even parts availability issues but ... you want to see a low WAF? Pull up in one of those.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Ha! That sounds like Chiraq all right.

One of my best friends got killed by a street gang there. They tried to kidnap him and take him to an ATM to take out money. Along the way they shot him in the back and he bled to death. For what? I think the most he could have taken out of his account was $300.

My kind of town Chiraq is ...