3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What is the rarest color?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
What is the rarest color?

Passion Berry Pearl is the only color I considered when researching the Fit as I have had way too many grey/silver cars in the last 20 years. I'm wondering if anyone has a breakdown of colors for the new Fit. I have not yet seen another PBP out on the road and I would guess it's the rarest color but I've never seen a yellow one except online. Does anyone know for sure what the rarest color is?

Old 07-22-2015, 07:20 AM
That's a good question, I'm also curious. I'll create a poll which will give us an indication of which colors sell the most.......and the least.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
During my pre-purchase phase I went to maybe six or seven dealerships between Jan-May and saw several PBPs, always in the outside lot around back. The only yellow Fit I ever saw was an EX CVT in the showroom, and the dealer had the price jacked into the mid-$20s with a ton of Honda Pro Pack-type add-ons.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by bach
During my pre-purchase phase I went to maybe six or seven dealerships between Jan-May and saw several PBPs, always in the outside lot around back. The only yellow Fit I ever saw was an EX CVT in the showroom, and the dealer had the price jacked into the mid-$20s with a ton of Honda Pro Pack-type add-ons.
same. lots of larger dealers have them, sitting in the spare lot, i just think most dont buy them.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
I was told by a sales rep that Passion Berry is by far the least common. When I got my PBP I had to scour dozens of dealership inventories online for a 6MT one. This was back in late april. In all of NJ I found 2 6MT purple fits, and about 6 more PBP's total in the state of NJ.

I think the sales rep said dealerships will get one PBP for something like every 10 or so of the common colors. Not combined, I don't think (as in 3 black 3 white 2 blue 1 yellow 1 purple... as in 10 blacks, 10 whites, etc to one purple). Yellow was the next rarest, falling somewhere in between purple and the others. He said unless they happen to have a purple on the lot, the car is usually special order, meaning a customer has to purposely ask for one, the dealership sends the order to the factory, then the customer has to wait 6 or so weeks for the car to be built and shipped to the dealership.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Based on a totally unscientific and statistically insignificant sample of my own observations, I'd say Passion Berry Pearl is the least common color, since I've never seen one. The fact that PBP is ONLY available on the EX, tells me that this is likely to remain the case.

The most popular colors, again based solely on my own observation, are black and the two shades of gray, followed by white. Since it seems that most of the early '15 Fit production was black or gray, I'm not surprised by this.