3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit LX auto quirks and clunks

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:02 PM
Cool 2015 Fit LX auto quirks and clunks

I am a longtime Honda owner starting with a 1988 Honda CRX coupe, several Civics hatch and sedan, an Odyssey, an Accord, a 2010 Fit and the newest addition a 2015 Fit LX in modern steel. Over the years I have stuck with Honda because they are solid, reliable, well built cars with few quirks and irritations and a blast to drive.
Just finished 6 months of owning the 2015 and to be honest I would take the 2010 FIT which I sold to get this car back in a heartbeat! The 2015 is accumulating several irritating problems that the 2010 never had. The number one problem is the CVT. I have grown to hate it especially when it's cold and starts jerking and surging. Dealer has looked at it and has been able to reproduce the problem but can't do anything telling me "they are all like that" and "it's not the same transmission". The touch screen display is a real irritation and has recently developed a flickering problem when the reverse camera is on. There is also the clatter when starting on cool days that has been the subject of other complaints and the dealer's answer "Honda knows and is working on a fix". In heavy rain there is a water leak over the brake pedal which has been repaired twice but still leaks.
My other Honda's never had problems like this and any that did come up were quickly resolved at no cost including a transmission on the 2003 Civic even though it was 2 years out of warranty! Am I alone in thinking the 2015 needs some quality control work? Or am I too fussy? Thanks, Bryan

Old 06-29-2015, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my MSM EX CVT in September and have about 22K miles on it so far. The only issue you mention above that I've had is the slight chatter on start, which I believe to be a starter bushing (at least that's what it sounds like based on experience).

While I'd much prefer a 6MT, the poor gear ratio spacing kept me away.

es

Old 06-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Probably personal preference, but after owning my last car, A 2014 ford Fiesta Dual Clutch Automatic this CVT feels as smooth as butter. In bad traffic at low RPMs it will sometimes jerk once or twice but nothing more. I have to say that after putting 6k miles on it so far, its a fantastic transmission.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:31 AM
I had to choose between the manual and the auto transmission and went with the manual and it's been a treat. Basically I wanted the Passion Berry Pearl and they only had that color with the manual. I love snicking through the gears and cutting through the traffic. It's an absolute blast. I don't know why some people think the manual has "poor gear spacing". My guess is they've never really driven manuals before.

No rain issues with water getting in and it's rained a lot here in SoCal this year.

Hope you find resolutions to your problems.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
I have the 2015 DX MT. 15,000 miles. Since new, I am getting occasional (about once a week) cold start rattle. It lasts for a brief second and then the engine purrs like a kitten. It feels like some area of the engine is not properly lubricated at cold start.