3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

After calling 30 dealers finally bought one (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:28 PM
After calling 30 dealers finally bought one (Canada)

That was really tough to find White EX CVT here in Ontario, couldn't find one for last 3 days dealing with 30 dealerships.
There was blacks and greys but no whites.
Some dealers that were honest said right away we cannot get one, there's none to trade, they don't make them anymore so cannot order, one dealer said right away when I asked "NO" her deal fell apart few days ago as she couldn't locate/order one anymore.

Some dealers lied on stock just to get me in the dealership.
Found 2 dealers that had them on the way in, a month out, but wasn't sure if 12th June was set date or if they can shift, they were my last resort.

30th dealer today, finally caught a break, they had one that they were about to make a demo out of it, already after PDI I guess as plate bracket was attached on front, but only 38km on it.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Glad you got one.

I just bought a white one the other day and love it, but I wish there were no pearls.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Crap! I would have just give up after the third dealer!

Old 05-14-2015, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Can't you guys use teh interwebs up there? When I first contacted my dealer it was to tell them which stock # I was interested in.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:35 AM
I was in tough position, gave my parents my Venza for trade in for their new Sienna, and was left without a car.
Didn't think it would be that tough to find one, but it is the end of the '15 model.
Worst part is, I had no second choice, no other cars I really liked, Fit kinda hit the neil on the head for me with looks, price, space, mpg.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:59 PM
That's crazy. I just went to two dealers, and I just told them I wanted this car, make it happen.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by toyopl
That was really tough to find White EX CVT here in Ontario, couldn't find one for last 3 days dealing with 30 dealerships.
There was blacks and greys but no whites.
Some dealers that were honest said right away we cannot get one, there's none to trade, they don't make them anymore so cannot order, one dealer said right away when I asked "NO" her deal fell apart few days ago as she couldn't locate/order one anymore.

Found 2 dealers that had them on the way in, a month out, but wasn't sure if 12th June was set date or if they can shift, they were my last resort.

30th dealer today, finally caught a break, they had one that they were about to make a demo out of it, already after PDI I guess as plate bracket was attached on front, but only 38km on it.
Well, congrats to you. At least your persistence paid off. No one can accuse you of being lazy.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
Wow! I guess I must have hit the "window of opportunity" just right back in March. I simply told my local dealer I was ready to trade my '09 Fit, and wanted a white EX MT. My salesman got on the computer, found one at another dealer, and delivered it to me three days later.

I guess I'm glad I didn't wait 'til now.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by toyopl
Please name them! Such dealership practices should be exposed to the light of day.

Originally Posted by jukeboxx13
I wish there were no pearls.
Me too. Give me a nice Polar White any day.

Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
Can't you guys use teh interwebs up there? When I first contacted my dealer it was to tell them which stock # I was interested in.
If you did that around here you'd walk into the dealer and be told "Oh, we just sold that one an hour ago". If you called about the same car a week later and went in they'd still say "Oh, we just sold that one an hour ago!"

Many dealers think of their on-line inventories as bait to get people in the door, so it is not in their best interest to keep them up-to-date.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:43 PM
I noticed maybe 10 out of 30 dealers when I called and asked if they have any White EX on lot, right away said YES we have, come on in.
I then had to say are you sure, could you check please, and after checking they said nothing in stock but come on in to order, they will locate and trade.

Had one that told me come on in, I have it 100% but when I got there he said they have around 30 ppl selling cars and no one informed him it just sold (40min drive to dealer after phone call)

Had around 5 out of 30 that told me right away no more White EX in Province (77 dealers) and they cannot order anymore, but they can trade if I want different color.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
GeorgeL- if they "sold it an hour ago" then you leave. You're actually better off than if you had walked in there cold because now you know not to buy from them- you might have believed their lie otherwise. Then you come here and post in the dealer reviews section.

Emails via their web site listing the specific stock number, etc. are very useful in seeing if you've got a store full of bullshitters on the other end. It also only costs you a little typing time, which beats driving anywhwere.

If they're honest about not having it but can come up with a plan to get you exactly what you want, they're worth doing business with.