3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Someone Jumped on my fit!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Unhappy Someone Jumped on my fit!

I went out to my car this morning to go to work, and I noticed a shoe print on the hood.... Looking closer I noticed another shoe print on the hood, but this time it looks like it scrapped. The car is currently dirty, so now upon further inspection it looks like the scraping scratched the paint.

Then it hit me, why would someone jump on my hood if for not to jump on the roof........ Noticed a large dent and a bunch of smaller dents, on the roof. Not super bad, but noticeable. I am going to go wash the car after work so I can see if I am missing anything.

This sucks, I feel pretty depressed about it actually. First new car, only 6 months old...

I am going to take it to a body shop to see how bad it is to fix. I feel like I can get a suction cup and pull out the dents on my own....

Some background, I live in San Francisco and park my car on the street. I am assuming someone from one of the bars close to me got drunk and was showing off to their drunk friends by running and jumping off my car.

Last edited by prettyhatem; 01-29-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Oops forgot to take pictures, I'll take some after I get it washed and post them...

Old 01-29-2015, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'd file a police report before I touched the car. Hope they catch the creeps.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by exl500
I'd file a police report before I touched the car. Hope they catch the creeps.
you think I should? it really feels like a waste of time, I dont know when this happened exactly..

Old 01-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
if ur going to claim vandalism, u should. if it was only the hood, then ud pay ur deductible. but they stepped on ur roof among other things, it will cost more than the deductible.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
I'd certainly want to ask the police that question instead of me, but if there is property vandalism, I would at least see what the police suggest.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:45 PM
I actually had something worse happen the week I got my Civic many years ago-someone keyed it. They did the ENTIRE car..hood, trunk, doors, roof. Big deep scratches on my nice shiny new black car...I was ANGRY, to say the least (and no, I didn't have any enemies at the time-it was just not a great neighborhood with lots of students in the area)

My point is this - my insurance covered it to be entirely repainted, minus the deductible. Vandalism is vandalism - that's what comprehensive coverage is for. If your car gets dinged and dented in a hailstorm your insurance needs to cover it.
You should be able to get it fixed if you comprehensive, minus your deductible.. even with the roof damage. It depends on how much the fix is going to be in the end, weather it's worth it to get insurance involved though.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
OP, I would call the non-emergency line for the police, and just have someone document the case. That way if insurance balks, you've got something backing you up.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member

That sucks royaly!

I'll echo the other members, file a police report, take photos, talk to your insurance company.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Alright I am going to do everything everyone is suggesting. Also realizing that my deductible is at $1000...

Should I not wash the car?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Bay too hyphy. Sorry man.

Do you think SFPD is going to dust for prints?

They just found a chopped up body in a suitcase yesterday.

1. Report to insurance
2. Take pictures
3. Wash car
4. Call insurance and lower your deductible for next time. Usually the premium increase is not very much, and being in the city, I'm sure you'll need it.

In for pics.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Bay too hyphy. Sorry man.

Do you think SFPD is going to dust for prints?

They just found a chopped up body in a suitcase yesterday.

1. Report to insurance
2. Take pictures
3. Wash car
4. Call insurance and lower your deductible for next time. Usually the premium increase is not very much, and being in the city, I'm sure you'll need it.

In for pics.
Side note, my works parking garage entrance and exit is on 11th and mission street, exactly where they found those body parts. When I left work yesterday I had to deal with police tap traffic.

Oh and I definitely dont think sfpd gives a shit.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Oh man, and you had that huge structure fire right down the street too! I bet driving home yesterday was a massive pain

Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by prettyhatem
I went out to my car this morning to go to work, and I noticed a shoe print on the hood.... Looking closer I noticed another shoe print on the hood, but this time it looks like it scrapped. The car is currently dirty, so now upon further inspection it looks like the scraping scratched the paint.

Then it hit me, why would someone jump on my hood if for not to jump on the roof........ Noticed a large dent and a bunch of smaller dents, on the roof. Not super bad, but noticeable. I am going to go wash the car after work so I can see if I am missing anything.

This sucks, I feel pretty depressed about it actually. First new car, only 6 months old...

I am going to take it to a body shop to see how bad it is to fix. I feel like I can get a suction cup and pull out the dents on my own....

Some background, I live in San Francisco and park my car on the street. I am assuming someone from one of the bars close to me got drunk and was showing off to their drunk friends by running and jumping off my car.
That sucks but can relate. After having my Fit for 3 days, the windows were busted out and then Safelite screwed up my doors to the point it had to go to the auto body for repairs and paint.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Name:  jiCtOnO.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  742.0 KB
Name:  0hbwWfR.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  959.0 KB
Name:  Kxo9zOr.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  957.7 KB
Name:  hOXSpjU.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  921.4 KB
Name:  KWXPE6x.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  921.3 KB
Name:  hJbZTHj.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  816.8 KB
Name:  KL2jAJS.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  230.4 KB

Contacted my insurance company, already setup with an appointment with the body repair shop that they work with.

I think I might get a second quote from a independent shop, so I can compare.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Administrator

People have no respect for property, good luck with the fix

Old 01-30-2015, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
Jealousy breeds contempt. The culprit will get his "karma" one day. Am glad you decided to get a second quote. Going to a body shop your familiar with, or one that has a good reputation will make your GK looking like new again.
Post pics of the result.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 01-30-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
We learned to have a zero deductible on comprehensive after my wife hit a deer. The next year both our cards were damaged in a hail storm, and State Farm shelled out thousands to repair them. On the other hand, we have a $2000.00 deductible should we get into a wreck that is our fault, so as you can imagine, we drive carefully.

Sorry you are having to go through this. Only people whose parents are still paying their bills, would be irresponsible enough to do something like this.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by prettyhatem
you think I should? it really feels like a waste of time, I dont know when this happened exactly..
They won't come out to your house, but they will give you a reference number, after taking some information, which you would then give to the insurance company. Most police departments have a special number for situations like this. It is all done over the phone.

Someone broke the back window out of our Honda Odyssey, while we were in a public parking lot. We went to dinner downtown with friends and when we came back, we found the damage. Our insurance company asked if we filed a police report, but since they were my first call, we hadn't. Since we have been with them for over 20 years, they told us not to worry about it, and they scheduled the back window to be replaced.

Having said that, if there is a next time, the police will be my first call.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:15 AM
Hey check YOUTUBE!!!!!! There is this new thing kids are doing where they run over peoples cars! I have seen a lot of videos of this and they always show there face. I bet you can catch them!

Look up "Put'em in a coffin" that's what they call it.

Quick Reply: Someone Jumped on my fit!