3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
Looks good. Much better than the red. The center caps look factory!

I like the Ultraleggera. I had a set on a previous car.

Thanks

It was a good wheel and tire day. Picked up the Ultraleggera from the powder coater. I have a total of less than $400 into them. Also received my $4 shipped Mugen center caps from China to complete my winter wheel setup. Those will go on tomorrow. Too bad my eBay lug nuts have rusted.

As a side note: The Ultraleggera are the 5th set of wheels I've bought from Wisconsin. One set from Appleton and four from Milwaukee and it's suburbs. Not sure what the deal is? The recent Ultraleggera, OZ Crono HT, TR or Tire Rack house brand, SSR Type C and a cheap set of Maxxam that I bought for my sons car. They usually start out high, go unsold for about a month with continual lowering of the price and then take my low offer.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
For someone who doesn't like the Fit, you sure do have a lot of wheels for it

OZ wheels look good powdercoated like that.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
For someone who doesn't like the Fit, you sure do have a lot of wheels for it

OZ wheels look good powdercoated like that.

It's more like I have a wheel and tire fetish. My son has a $1500 car and I bought another set of wheels for that. LOL I have three sets for my Subaru because I sold some. Basically, I buy some wheels. Usually used. Use them for awhile and then sell them. Haven't lost any money yet. Occasionally, I break even, most of the time I make money. Plus I always drive on something different.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
Picked up my wheels from the powder coater
Very nice. Powder coating should be very durable.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Winter wheel setup complete, other than dirty. Mugen centers added to the center caps. Wheels are gloss black, orange stripe along the edge and the Mugen center caps with my now rusty eBay lug nuts

Old 02-01-2018, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
Winter wheel setup complete, other than dirty. Mugen centers added to the center caps. Wheels are gloss black, orange stripe along the edge and the Mugen center caps with my now rusty eBay lug nuts
That's about what my Fit looks like in the winter. In the spring, the nicer wheels - and new tires - go back on.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Well I got my first oil change since getting my car. I also found out that the air filter probably hasn't been changed since the first owner bought it.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RealMTL
Well I got my first oil change since getting my car. I also found out that the air filter probably hasn't been changed since the first owner bought it.
If you've still got the splash shield, might want to check if it was reinstalled properly

Old 02-06-2018, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
We have K&N permanent filters - air and interior - in both of our Fits.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
What does “permananet” air filter mean?

DaveGee

Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveGee
What does “permananet” air filter mean?

DaveGee
I think he means reusable. The K&N can be cleaned and reused.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
I think he means reusable. The K&N can be cleaned and reused.
Correct!

https://smile.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&n...=2289900690701

Old 02-06-2018, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
How do you like the k&n cabin air filter? Have you cleaned and reused it? My concern is it will have a chemical smell to it. Rather not breath that in if that is the case.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
How do you like the k&n cabin air filter? Have you cleaned and reused it? My concern is it will have a chemical smell to it. Rather not breath that in if that is the case.
No chemical smell - or maybe the smell part of my brain has been killed.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:02 AM
If you've still got the splash shield, might want to check if it was reinstalled properly
Cool, well I took a look and it seems like a few of the plastic rivets are missing underneath. When first I got the car I saw that a few were missing but now I've got no clue where to get them from.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Cool, well I took a look and it seems like a few of the plastic rivets are missing underneath. When first I got the car I saw that a few were missing but now I've got no clue where to get them from.
I made a few attempts to make a simple, secure attachment for that pan. I even ordered a bunch of stainless steel hardware. Before I could play around with that, I tries these simple push pins.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CO2QQ...U4KGY5NH&psc=0

They're cheap, and they work perfectly for those two rear plastic attachments. Honda charges about $1.00 each for their part, but these are better, and they're almost free.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Few days ago I decided that since the weather around here had been warm for several weeks, I was wearing out my snow tires for no reason. Put the summer wheels/tires back on, and now next week is supposed to drop below freezing again. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on the forecast, but having good tires on the car feels great.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Few days ago I decided that since the weather around here had been warm for several weeks, I was wearing out my snow tires for no reason. Put the summer wheels/tires back on, and now next week is supposed to drop below freezing again. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on the forecast, but having good tires on the car feels great.
I hate wearing out my snow tires, too. 99.99% of my driving is done on clear roads. But when we get some unexpected snow, I'm glad to have them on. If I'm not wearing out my snow tires, I'm wearing out my regular tires.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Last car I had, I swapped the tires back and forth on the same set of wheels. When spring rolled around, I told the wife I needed to swap the tires, because it wasn't cold anymore. Somehow, every time I wanted to work on the car, I was an insensitive jerk who was spending too much time ignoring everything else I needed to do, and ended up running the snow tires three months longer than I wanted.

Lost half the tread in those three months, the compound is so soft that it just can't handle the heat. If it's cold and dry, I still want them on, but if it's 50 and above, I can handle keeping an eye on the forecast every few days. Much faster to switch now with two sets of wheels.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Last car I had, I swapped the tires back and forth on the same set of wheels. When spring rolled around, I told the wife I needed to swap the tires, because it wasn't cold anymore. Somehow, every time I wanted to work on the car, I was an insensitive jerk who was spending too much time ignoring everything else I needed to do, and ended up running the snow tires three months longer than I wanted.

Lost half the tread in those three months, the compound is so soft that it just can't handle the heat. If it's cold and dry, I still want them on, but if it's 50 and above, I can handle keeping an eye on the forecast every few days. Much faster to switch now with two sets of wheels.
Yes, they do wear faster, but on a 100 mile drive yesterday, it started to snow toward the end of the trip. I was glad I had them on. It's going to be 70° on Wednesday, so I'd better not drive at all. : )

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?