3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by MrDucky
How difficult was it to remove the lower grill like this? Did you break any clips doing it this way? I have been wanting to upgrade my horn but removing the whole bumper cover is a bit of a hassle.
No clips were broken. I removed some of the round clips from underneath the bumper, then you have to pull the grill forwards.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I'm looking to add a Fiam hi and low tone horn, using the OEM horn as the trigger to the relay. Can you disconnect the OEM horn without disassembling the lower grill?

I'll be taking power from a new circuit for the horn, so only need the OEM as the trigger. I'm leaving it in place.
There are 2 horns. The one I replaced was the OEM hi tone. The other horn (low tone) is behind the right fog light (on the right viewed from the driver's seat).

I still need to replace the OEM low tone one.

You can only reach the high tone horn either by removing the whole bumper, or doing what I did.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Installed the Fiamm Freeway Blaster Lo Tone Horn, behind the passenger fog.

I was able to just loosen the wheel fender and access the OEM horn from there.

If you had to change your horn, I'd say change this one first, as I'm not sure the Hi tone makes that much of a difference.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:31 AM
Anyone install tire letters?

Old 04-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Got my sagging front bumper fixed today. Learned from the body shop that its only a temporary fix and that it will sag again because its badly designed. There is no bumper support, its only held on by plastic clips :/ At least it looks better for now.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:19 PM
jhn
Here's how I permanently fixed my sagging bumper. Works great:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...y-15-ex-6.html

Old 04-30-2016, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MrDucky
How difficult was it to remove the lower grill like this? Did you break any clips doing it this way? I have been wanting to upgrade my horn but removing the whole bumper cover is a bit of a hassle.
So you can get to the horn without removing the bumper? I wish I had known that before I replaced mine - also FIAMM. I have the same horns for my son's car, but there's no way I'm removing the bumper. With our previous Civic, removal and installation of the bumper was a snap.

When I removed the front bumper on my car, I saw that the right, upper attaching tab was broken. When I reinstalled the bumper, I broke the left, upper tab. The dealer broke the right tab when he did the bumper support recall. Of course, he neglected to tell me about that. That's a very bad design. I'm going to try to inject an adhesive into that gap to keep both bumper sections tightly in place.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Rebadged with blue Honda logo. Everyone is doing red or black so I did went a different route.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Finally finished the steering wheel wrap. I originally left some of the wrap just taped to the top of the steering wheel. Now it's all tucked in.

Name:  IMG_20160503_163547.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  464.0 KB

Thread is here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1343658

Old 05-05-2016, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
After getting back to my car parked at the train station today, i did my usual walk around the car to see if everything was okay. Out of the corner of my eye, i spotted something sticking out of the bottom of the rear garnish on the hatch. Apparently, a tab from the rear garnish somehow broke on the inside, and fell to the bottom and was stuck in the gap. After a light tugging, i freed the broken tab. Did a little pushing and shoving to see if anything was loose, and the garnish felt fine.

(I have never removed the garnish or anything in the rear hatch before. It broke on it's own).

Weird.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Installed my front RS-R springs and did camber bolts while I had the struts out. Also did rear axle shims and finally replaced my EX grille with an LX grille. Final touch was a tow hook. Pics and install details in my mod thread.

es

Old 05-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Installed my front RS-R springs and did camber bolts while I had the struts out. Also did rear axle shims and finally replaced my EX grille with an LX grille. Final touch was a tow hook. Pics and install details in my mod thread.

es
Looking great stembridge; the wheels are a real standout, and I would love to see a side-by-side picture comparison of the ex and lx grills on your Fit. Of course, I am happy to say that the color remains my favorite since taking delivery of Loki-chan in August '14.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Here's a pic with the original EX grille:

es

Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
There are 2 horns. The one I replaced was the OEM hi tone. The other horn (low tone) is behind the right fog light (on the right viewed from the driver's seat).

I still need to replace the OEM low tone one.

You can only reach the high tone horn either by removing the whole bumper, or doing what I did.
Can you reach the low tone horn with that grill removed, or does the bumper have to come off?

Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Here's a pic with the original EX grille:

es
The shift from chrome to steel metallic paint on the grill is a subtle, but very effective change. Looks more aggressive and much cooler.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Can you reach the low tone horn with that grill removed, or does the bumper have to come off?
I reached the low tone with the lower grill rolled out of the way, as in the pic.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
I reached the low tone with the lower grill rolled out of the way, as in the pic.
It's too bad they stopped making shop manuals. It was nice to have clear directions about how things came apart and went back together.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
It's too bad they stopped making shop manuals. It was nice to have clear directions about how things came apart and went back together.
There are schematics that I just Googled.
That's how I knew that I could change the horn this way.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Bernardi has lots of How-Tos, but I couldn't find anything about that grill.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/images/...e_AII51170.pdf

Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Could you provide a link? I want to take the lower grill off, one to clean it, and two, I need to remove something to install something cool. Ill post pictures once I get it installed. :-)

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 05-10-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?