3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Smaller is better?

I thought these cable stops may be too small at first, but they fall out of sight nicely with installation. Color seems designed for the 15/16 Fit interior

From the Apple section at Micro Center in Marietta Ga.

The adhesive on these stops seems to be adequate for keeping things in place.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:18 PM
New Car Scent

Commercial wash today; it was a little too cool for me to wet myself down, and the pollen demanded my attention, so poof. I still like the way the finish holds up with a little tlc, and my new-car feel returns most acceptably with a wash.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Changed the cabin filter just in time for pollen season.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Scheduled window tinting for Monday! That tax return isn't going to spend itself!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Threw on the RS-R SuperDown Springs. WAAY worth the $220.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Good old days?

Originally Posted by DannyJ7
Threw on the RS-R SuperDown Springs. WAAY worth the $220.
Hi DannyJ7. Do you know whether this modification restores any of the touted "fun ride" credited, by some, to pre-GK Fits and claimed to be somewhat diminished in the current GK's? If you you could flesh out your "WAAY worth" phrase a bit I'm sure a lot of Fitfreaks would read with interest.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Over the last week I changed the cabin and engine air filters as well as replacing the rear window wiper insert. Friday I washed, clay-barred and waxed the car for spring. Also replaced the Chinese aftermarket "stainless steel" muffler tip that rusted over the winter with a new one.

I continue to tinker with the fit of the dashboard and "A" pillar and vent window trim trying to improve the fit of these three pieces to look like the new Fits coming from Japan that "fit" perfectly, but I can't do it. No matter what I do, there's an 1/8 inch gap all around the base of the "A" pillar trim that can't be closed. I never believed that a year later there would still be no fix for this.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Hi DannyJ7. Do you know whether this modification restores any of the touted "fun ride" credited, by some, to pre-GK Fits and claimed to be somewhat diminished in the current GK's? If you you could flesh out your "WAAY worth" phrase a bit I'm sure a lot of Fitfreaks would read with interest.
Not a problem! So, I've never driven a GD or GE, let me start there. I've been lucky enough to drive some of the world's best handling cars (Ariel Atom, Caterham 7, etc) and loved them all. The GK never handled quite right for me before the RS-Rs (I realize this is far from a sports car). Something just felt off, like too much body roll or even as low power as the engine is, the suspension couldn't keep up. I put the sway bar on the rear (Progressive) and got some fantastic results on mitigating the rear body roll, but the car still felt a bit numb and floaty. I did a LOT of shopping around, research, and read a ton of reviews before I settled on the RS-R SuperDowns. I didnt' want much of a drop and wanted to stay under $250 for the set. These fit the bill.

The instillation was definitely a learning process (have air tools, for the love of God), it took me about 8 hours. I had to make a few tool runs and watch some YouTube how-to's. Definitely not a job for beginners or those without mechanical aptitude. That said, these springs have a very modest drop (less than an inch in front and about an inch in back), and feel fantastic. I'm not hugely experienced in modding, but Foxy feels very planted, and more importantly, much more fun. I've only put on about 20 miles since I got them on, but am very pleased with the results. Any mod that you do tends to expose another weakness. This has definitely shown that the limiting factor now is the tires, but I have absolutely no intention of changing my stock wheels and tires out before they go.

If you have any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer, but don't know how much help I'll be. Would 10 of 10 recommend these springs to those that are interested.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
Not a problem! So, I've never driven a GD or GE, let me start there. I've been lucky enough to drive some of the world's best handling cars (Ariel Atom, Caterham 7, etc) and loved them all. The GK never handled quite right for me before the RS-Rs (I realize this is far from a sports car). Something just felt off, like too much body roll or even as low power as the engine is, the suspension couldn't keep up. I put the sway bar on the rear (Progressive) and got some fantastic results on mitigating the rear body roll, but the car still felt a bit numb and floaty. I did a LOT of shopping around, research, and read a ton of reviews before I settled on the RS-R SuperDowns. I didnt' want much of a drop and wanted to stay under $250 for the set. These fit the bill.

The instillation was definitely a learning process (have air tools, for the love of God), it took me about 8 hours. I had to make a few tool runs and watch some YouTube how-to's. Definitely not a job for beginners or those without mechanical aptitude. That said, these springs have a very modest drop (less than an inch in front and about an inch in back), and feel fantastic. I'm not hugely experienced in modding, but Foxy feels very planted, and more importantly, much more fun. I've only put on about 20 miles since I got them on, but am very pleased with the results. Any mod that you do tends to expose another weakness. This has definitely shown that the limiting factor now is the tires, but I have absolutely no intention of changing my stock wheels and tires out before they go.

If you have any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer, but don't know how much help I'll be. Would 10 of 10 recommend these springs to those that are interested.
Thanks for the thorough and insightful run-down on your mods, DannyJ. Afraid the level of project involvement is out of my scope, but I know a lot of folks will read this with great interest. Along these lines, my totaled 2009 had fairly new Yokohamas, and they were covered in the insurance payout. I was so impressed with the improvement over the stock tires, I went ahead and swapped out the new tires on my 15' for Yokohamas also, and the ride improvement again made the car feel like a 3 to 6 thousand dollar upgrade. I liked the agile feel of the stock 15' on my test drive, but the Yokohamas really brought back that road-hungry feel.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Got my windows tinted. Colorado, so only 35% all around, but honestly I'm not sure I'd want to go much darker anyway. Llumar ceramic.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 PM
Mounted my new sparcos 17x7s. No spaces needed since the are pretty flush already. 205/45 r17 hankook ventus tires.

Name:  C65D6AB7-2B2C-475E-83ED-80757F872C6F_zpsj5f6khrt.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  131.4 KB

Name:  9D053323-C1D4-4DC9-8473-B26D6C40666B_zpsu5loebtu.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  228.7 KB

Name:  0CDD34B6-1AC6-4CF5-8F96-D2EDD0B1995E_zpsy2ygv9la.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  208.6 KB

Old 03-28-2016, 11:41 PM
Awesome wheels

"Bad to the bone", Vjaramillo, "Bad to the bone"!!

Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 AM
Looks good. Which Sparco model and offset?

Old 03-29-2016, 04:34 AM
Where do you buy the great car cover at?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Vjaramillo
Mounted my new sparcos 17x7s. No spaces needed since the are pretty flush already. 205/45 r17 hankook ventus tires.
Those look like Sparco Drift wheels. Do they Rub?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Where do you buy the fit cover? TIA

Hi there,
Where do you buy the fit cover? TIA
Originally Posted by Yellowmno
[IMG] by yellowmno, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]Untitled by yellowmno, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] by yellowmno, on Flickr[/IMG]

Great car cover when parking under trees or telephone lines. Super fast and easy to take on and off. Cheap DIY antenna cap from Lowes for $.80. Without antenna haven't notice much drop in signal with FM AM stations. I am mostly on Bluetooth though.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by JinKisaragi
Looks good. Which Sparco model and offset?
Sparco Drift 42 offset. Bought them through tire rack. Total with shipping 1036.00. My budget was 1k.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by atvfit16
Those look like Sparco Drift wheels. Do they Rub?
Ha...normal driving no rub. Aggressive driving on a hard turn? They do in the front. But that's Coo.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 PM
Just a side note. I'm lowered on tanabe springs so the spring rate is pretty soft. I believe that stiffer springs or coilovers would take care of the rubbing issue.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Hoping I "chose wisely", but:

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?