3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Weather Tech Floormats.

Bought a full set of slightly used Weather Tech Floormats from Facebook Market Place for 100 dollars.

Look great and cover the floors much more than the stock Fit Floormats.

Old 08-28-2023, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Redmachine
Finally found some time to install my wheels. The back looks good enough and the front pokes out just enough not to look weird. Now we need to lower just a tad bit.

Nice! Just the wheels or are you using spacers? If so what size and brand?

Old 08-28-2023, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by first honda
Nice! Just the wheels or are you using spacers? If so what size and brand?
Very nice!

I'd like to see a Fit car show. Maybe we could have one right here.

Old 09-13-2023, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Body Work.

Had a few dents and scratches repaired at a local body shop. A bit expensive. Fit looks great.

Old 09-14-2023, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered a catalytic converter heat shield from Honda Parts Now. It was about $35 for the part, but adding four bolts and shipping brought the cost to $65.

Old 09-14-2023, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I ordered a catalytic converter heat shield from Honda Parts Now. It was about $35 for the part, but adding four bolts and shipping brought the cost to $65.

Damn!!!! Should've decided not to buy it.....

Old 09-17-2023, 12:58 PM
Ongoing Project.

So I decided to upgrade the stereo in my 2019 Fit, which has exploded into a much bigger project. The carpet all had to come out to be cleaned to get rid of funky previous owner smell, so while that was out I decided to sound dampen.

Last edited by Balzyone; 09-18-2023 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Add more pictures
Old 09-22-2023, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Valve adjustment for 100k milestone, and starting to turn the fake rear bumper vents into real ones. Hoping I'll get a small mileage increase, but I doubt it.

Hoping to cut out all of these, but it's kinda time consuming and this is just the daily, not my project.

Old 09-26-2023, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Balzyone
So I decided to upgrade the stereo in my 2019 Fit, which has exploded into a much bigger project. The carpet all had to come out to be cleaned to get rid of funky previous owner smell, so while that was out I decided to sound dampen.

I put similar soundproofing in my 2015, and it made quite a difference - lots of disassembly, though.

Old 09-26-2023, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member

Hoping to cut out all of these, but it's kinda time consuming and this is just the daily, not my project.

Did you routed any aerodynamics through those ?.... ive been thinking about doing it but more functional rather than aesthetic...

Old 09-26-2023, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku

Did you routed any aerodynamics through those ?.... ive been thinking about doing it but more functional rather than aesthetic...
You have to wonder why they went to the expensive of adding something that doesn't really add anything to the car. Some "vents" are vertical, and some are horizontal.

Old 09-26-2023, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
No, but the rear bumper absolutely traps air since the outer corners are basically scoops with nowhere for the air to leave. I'd love to extend the front section of under panels to the rear so there's essentially a full front to rear 3 piece undertray, but that's a mega backlog kind of project.

Originally Posted by SilverEX15
You have to wonder why they went to the expensive of adding something that doesn't really add anything to the car. Some "vents" are vertical, and some are horizontal.
Me either, fake vents are one of my top five dislikes of newer cars. They designed these, modeled them, produced injection molds, etc etc, so why not just make the fake holes real holes?

Old 09-26-2023, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spyke
No, but the rear bumper absolutely traps air since the outer corners are basically scoops with nowhere for the air to leave. I'd love to extend the front section of under panels to the rear so there's essentially a full front to rear 3 piece undertray, but that's a mega backlog kind of project.

Me either, fake vents are one of my top five dislikes of newer cars. They designed these, modeled them, produced injection molds, etc etc, so why not just make the fake holes real holes?
Remember those "ports" on the sides of the 1950s Buicks?

Old 10-04-2023, 12:24 AM
Did the hrv cluster swap today

Hey new here, ive had my fit for a few months now, I have a 2015 ex manual trans, ive seen one post on reddit about them swapping in the hrv cluster so i decided to give it a shot, it was surprisingly easy took me about 20 minutes, the plugs were the exact same, i had to put the faceplate from the fit onto the hrv cluster, the tabs are pretty brittle i broke two taking it off, only slight gripes is it was from an automatic so the gear indicator flashes neutral and the parking brake light is always on i can only assume due to it being a different type in the hrv, over all im super happy with it it looks really awesome and fits the aesthetic I'm trying to go with in my fit

Finished product looks awesome

Fit cluster with hrv faceplate on it

Hrv cluster with fit faceplate and "glass"

Old 11-09-2023, 05:44 PM
Red face

installed spoon wide angle mirrors!
i bought them from blackhawkjapan because they had the best available price. i was a little concerned as they are supposedly not an official spoon dealer, but they arrived pretty fast with DHL from japan and they're legit.
the install was pretty easy, just put the VHB tape provided where the instructions tell you to, stick it on the original mirror, and then you're done
***i do want to reiterate whats already been figured out on this forum though! these mirrors only fit the JDM fit mirrors which are noticeably smaller than the USDM ones. i got away with this because i replaced my mirrors with JDM sized oem repro mirrors from ebay***
they look pretty good, there are some parts where you can still see the original mirror underneath. i may have to deal with this because i have ebay mirrors and not true JDM OEM..... but i cant say for sure. they are still nice quality and the engraved spoon logos are a nice touch to match my rear view wide angle mirror.
was it worth it? i dunno..... the viewing angle is better and wider and the blue tint for night time driving is nice, but i feel like i got a similar viewing angle from the USDM mirrors in exchange for them being bigger and chunkier. theyre cool bling though ;p

driver side mirror:

passenger side:

i also love 90s mtb stuff so im starting to throw purple anodized stuff wherever i can in the car lol. i had the acuity shift collar upgrade in black but it is now a purple one! also got their oil cap in purple which is really nicely made. going to have to order a lot of dress up bolts soon =)

up next is fixing the wiring for my passenger side mirror to work again. the EX model has a different harness than the replacement JDM mirror i put on so ill have to figure that out, and then im also planning on installing a headunit sometime soon.

Old 11-11-2023, 10:28 PM
Managed to "Fit" a new tool cabinet for my job. Drove it from Aberdeen to DC.

Wasn't sure if I could cram it in, but I was pleasantly surprised.

And how much narrower are the JDM mirrors than the USDM ones? Could be a worthwhile swap for the reduction in drag.

Old 11-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by SkylineFTW97
And how much narrower are the JDM mirrors than the USDM ones? Could be a worthwhile swap for the reduction in drag.
i don't have the exact measurements on hand, but theyre roughly an inch and a half or two narrower than the USDM mirrors. i think its like 7.5 inches wide? ill get a measurement for you soon

Old 11-12-2023, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
PIAA Xtreme White Plus Light Bulbs.

Just bought a set of PIAA Xtreme White Plus light bulbs.

Definitely alot brighter than the Sylvania Silverstars I had been using.

Hopefully the PIAA 's last a long time. Probably not as long as the Silverstars.

Old 12-27-2023, 09:52 PM
my battery decided it was time to go. today i did the 51R upgrade and had to cut my battery tray for clearance. happy w the results (= not happy with having to buy a battery =(

Old 12-29-2023, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Last time my battery needed replacing, NTB and Walmart didn't have my battery. Had to go to AutoZone. Good batteries are not cheap.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?