3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 10:21 PM
The EU uses a different octane rating system than we do. Their 91 octane is the same as our 87 octane in terms of knock resistance.

Old 01-09-2023, 12:47 AM
There are different octane ratings:
RON (Research Octane Number) is used in Europe (not just EU), Asia, Africa, South-America, Australia and New Zealand,
MON (Motor Octane Number) is used in aviation fuel only - as far as I know,
AKI (Anti-Knock Index), which is average of RON and MON, is used in North-America and Central-America, and has 4-6 numbers lower octane number than the rest of the world.

Last edited by TnTkr; 01-09-2023 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:32 PM
Did a minor mod inside. Replaced the USDM hazard switch with a JDM one. Was $20 off eBay and took a few minutes. I think it's a nice touch.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:37 PM
Very nice touch! I've been meaning to do the same mod!
Do you have the part number?

thanks!

Old 01-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
Very nice touch! I've been meaning to do the same mod!
Do you have the part number?

thanks!
Unfortunately I don't. I just popped GK5 Fit JDM hazard switch into eBay. I checked the listing, but no part number there.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Got a flat on the drive to work. Chewed up my sidewall and left a bubble. So noe I'm out $150 for a new Yokohama. Thankfully I have access to tire machines, so I can mount and balanced my own shit for free. Plus since I keep a portable air compressor in my hatch, no paying for a tow or waiting an hour for AAA. Always good to be prepared.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by SkylineFTW97
Got a flat on the drive to work. Chewed up my sidewall and left a bubble. So noe I'm out $150 for a new Yokohama. Thankfully I have access to tire machines, so I can mount and balanced my own shit for free. Plus since I keep a portable air compressor in my hatch, no paying for a tow or waiting an hour for AAA. Always good to be prepared.

I replaced my stock Firestone with Vredestein Quatrac 205/50 R16 on my newly installed Swift springs. Hated the bounce of stock springs.

it lowered the car a bit but certainly no rubbing at all!

Drives very smooth!

Nothing wrong with Yoko’s, had them in Del Sol and loved them.

You could check out Tire Rack comparisons. The Vredestein are highly rated and they ride very nicely, smooth, quite, and contributes to a smoother ride.

Old 01-23-2023, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by GK19
I replaced my stock Firestone with Vredestein Quatrac 205/50 R16 on my newly installed Swift springs. Hated the bounce of stock springs.

it lowered the car a bit but certainly no rubbing at all!

Drives very smooth!

Nothing wrong with Yoko’s, had them in Del Sol and loved them.

You could check out Tire Rack comparisons. The Vredestein are highly rated and they ride very nicely, smooth, quite, and contributes to a smoother ride.
Yokohama is one of my personal favorite tire brands. It has Avid Ascent GTs on it, and I don't have it in me to mismatch them. I'm just pissed I have to spend the $150. I check my tire pressure at least once a week out of habit. I didn't have any signs of a leak until the TPMS light came on. And by then it was basically flat. And I'm looking at it now. There's no nails or anything in the tread. But the sidewall was messed up a bit and there's a bubble forming, so I'm opting to err on the side of caution.

New tire is already ordered. Got it off Tire Rack. Even with my discount at the Honda dealership I work at, it usually doesn't make sense to buy shit from them.

Old 01-23-2023, 05:56 PM
Bubble? Wow!

Yokohama is one of my personal favorite tire brands. It has Avid Ascent GTs on it, and I don't have it in me to mismatch them. I'm just pissed I have to spend the $150. I check my tire pressure at least once a week out of habit. I didn't have any signs of a leak until the TPMS light came on. And by then it was basically flat. And I'm looking at it now. There's no nails or anything in the tread. But the sidewall was messed up a bit and there's a bubble forming, so I'm opting to err on the side of caution.

New tire is already ordered. Got it off Tire Rack. Even with my discount at the Honda dealership I work at, it usually doesn't make sense to buy shit from them.
Was thinking you might be getting all 4 done. I whole agree, stay with same when not replacing all 4!

Like I said, always loved the Yoko’s on my Del Sol, unfortunately could not find them in that tiny tire size!

And that bubble: where the hell could that have come from? I suspect manufacturers fault if the tire did not hit a pot hole or something like that and not over inflated. I used to check mine every fill up, though did it before driving. So you are easily good there with weekly checks.

How do you suppose you got such a big bubble there?

Enjoy the Yoko’s, I always did!

Old 01-23-2023, 07:10 PM
I have no idea. DC area roads are full of potholes, but I know where all the ones out here are. I don't recall hitting any particularly large ones. I was cruising down MD Route 200 this morning and my TPMS light just popped on. That highway is pretty recent and the road is still in pretty good condition. I can't imagine whatever it was happened there.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:31 PM
I replaced the battery on my 2017 fit, which I bought a few weeks ago. It has died a couple times, hopefully the battery was just old or died sitting on the dealer lot. The old one seems to be a no name brand though, not date was on the sticker. It dies look like the mild that made the shell is the same as the new AC Delco one though. I read of people swapping out a bigger battery, but O'Reilly had one in stock and I wanted to just get it working today.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
That does not look like the OEM battery which means it has already been replaced at least once in it's short life, which is not a good sign.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by woof
That does not look like the OEM battery which means it has already been replaced at least once in it's short life, which is not a good sign.
Hmm, batteries usually last 3 years no? The car would now be 6 going on 7 years depending on where in the model's life cycle it was purchased. So that would be short but not extremely so? Also I may be wrong but that looks like a sketchy bottom of the barrel battery that was in it. And I forgot to mention the hot terminal was slightly loose even when screwed all the way down, thats not an issue with the new battery. So its possible it didn't exactly *need* no be changed. If theres something wring in what I said let me know, this is the first car I own so I'm still getting used to all the maintenance stuff.

Old 01-24-2023, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by atomicwrites
Hmm, batteries usually last 3 years no? The car would now be 6 going on 7 years depending on where in the model's life cycle it was purchased. So that would be short but not extremely so? Also I may be wrong but that looks like a sketchy bottom of the barrel battery that was in it. And I forgot to mention the hot terminal was slightly loose even when screwed all the way down, thats not an issue with the new battery. So its possible it didn't exactly *need* no be changed. If theres something wring in what I said let me know, this is the first car I own so I'm still getting used to all the maintenance stuff.
Usually 7 years is the norm.
Considering you are located in Florida (higher heat) would account for the shorter lifespan as well.
I also agree that the old one doesn't look very reputable. I'd swap it out as well.

Old 01-24-2023, 08:35 PM
New tire arrived. Also picked up some black wheel weights to compliment the rims.

Also picked up another accessory, a JDM RS badge for the rear hatch.

For anyone else who's interested, I made sure to get the part number this time.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:42 PM
Oh that reminds me, I'm missing the "Fit" badge on the rear hatch. Given I need a new one anyway is there a variation you all consider better than the standard one?

Old 01-25-2023, 01:11 AM
Also picked up another accessory, a JDM RS badge for the rear hatch.

For anyone else who's interested, I made sure to get the part number this time.
Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by atomicwrites
Oh that reminds me, I'm missing the "Fit" badge on the rear hatch. Given I need a new one anyway is there a variation you all consider better than the standard one?
Some folks seem to enjoy upgrading to the Euro/Asian market "Jazz" badge.
I suppose it's just a matter of preference.

Last edited by BMWguy22; 01-25-2023 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:46 PM
The saga of the mysteriously blown tire is finally complete. Pulled the Fit into the shop after all the actual customer vehicles were finished. Pulled the old tire off and found this.

I was right to order a replacement immediately. Imagine if that blew out in the middle of a corner come autocross season.

Times like these I'm really glad I have access to tire machines free of charge. And as an added bonus, it balanced out without any weights. I'll keep those black weights I ordered in reserve for next time.
​​​​

Old 01-30-2023, 06:21 PM
So turns out the reason my fit has had a slow oil leak is the oil pan cracked and the previous owner apparently just slapped some JB Weld on it. Gonna be almost $650 with labor to install it. Other than that he says everything looks good. I guess over all not that bad if thats the only surprise I'm gonna get.

Old 02-05-2023, 11:38 PM
So today I parked too far forward I guess and when I backed out the car stopper ripped the bumper completly off the car. I have a bad habbit of parking with the wheels touching the stopper cause on both of my parents cars that's usually fine. All the plastic pin things broke, and I dragged the front on the ground a bit (it was attached to the car via one of the wheel well covers). Its attached enough right now.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?