3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Wow, impressive tmasazo! Are you called upon for lots of tasks? Honey-do's?

Old 08-10-2015, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Wow, impressive tmasazo! Are you called upon for lots of tasks? Honey-do's?

Actually, yeah..... I'm that friend that get's asked to fix lots of electronics and what nots..... but it's all good I enjoy it for the most part.

I'm currently looking for ANY car manufacture who makes an OEM style 110 outlet kit so I can have a home outlet in the car. I have been looking for awhile and I think Subaru has one that I might buy. Not sure if there are any honda's that came with one that I can adapt for the fit.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have a write up for a fog light anytime mod? I'd like mine on when my high beams are, just like my truck. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Today... First dealer oil change and rotate at about 8950 miles with 15% oil life remaining and the little orange wrench showing. Hopefully the bottom stays on securely after my comments to the advisor about my previous issue and others that have reported problems with the shield. In 8 months, fortunately, that has been my only issue with the FIT.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by tmasazo
Actually, yeah..... I'm that friend that get's asked to fix lots of electronics and what nots..... but it's all good I enjoy it for the most part.

I'm currently looking for ANY car manufacture who makes an OEM style 110 outlet kit so I can have a home outlet in the car. I have been looking for awhile and I think Subaru has one that I might buy. Not sure if there are any honda's that came with one that I can adapt for the fit.
It is very easy to go and buy a power inverter wire it up and place a remote located NEC plug. Just make sure that the inverter that you buy is a pure sine wave and not a modified sine wave or square wave as it would be also referred to.

I have a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter that I connect to my seven way trailer connector (breakered at 400 watts or ~40amps) and use it on road trips to keep my laptop charged and other small appliances. You can even make a 2 Way cigarette lighter adapter to utilize both ports each fused at 20 amps for a total of 40 believe me you will not need any more than that unless you really want to power some stuff then I would suggest an external deep cycle battery with a battery isolator kit installed.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:14 AM
Ordered a Curt hitch and a bike rack.

Next is WeatherTech floor liners.

Anyone have the rear bumper appliqué? I load/unload a lot and am debating if that will be a good buy.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by ChazLyle

Anyone have the rear bumper appliqué? I load/unload a lot and am debating if that will be a good buy.
I took the Honda floor liners and rear bumper applique on delivery, and have enjoyed peace of mind with both. You will notice that there is a lot of painted, horizontal bumper surface at the rear hatch, where an ounce of precaution vs. loading/unloading mishaps is well-placed.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by ChazLyle

Install was ridiculously easy compared to truck hitches.

Before:

After:

Curt hitch was solid. The rack is whatever. Should hold up on my half way across the country trip. If not I'll be pissed ha I love my bikes.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
So, I'm shitty with a camera, but Foxy is looking good! Red H's all around, tint, red stiched suede shift boot, some generic shift knob, plasti-dipped front and rear garnish, and Husky Weather Beaters.
Name:  zyJJNJT.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  789.2 KBName:  ty2YQpH.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  558.8 KBName:  DJ0IZ1N.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  851.7 KB
Yet to do:
1. Red ambient lighting in foot wells.
2. Probably HKS exhaust.
3. MAAAAAYBE some sport pedals.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my kuruma. Won't do anything extreme until warranty ends.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:23 PM
I wrapped the front grille. So glad that gloss and chrome are gone, goes well with the matte rear garnish. Time for JDM badges? Yellow, blue or black?

Old 08-23-2015, 10:12 PM
JDM Badge Color

K. Grobinski, this humble opinion suggests you punctuate perfectly with black.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
The carbon fiber wrapped grill looks fantastic! Great job! How hard was that to do?

Yesterday, I made my DIY cargo go up and down with the hatchback. I bought the little clips that attach to the HB, but just use some paracord for the string to the cargo cover. All in all, still spent less than $30 on the solution versus paying nearly $200 to Honda

I also used adhesive to attach the FIT emblem.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Drove it! 300 mile work trip, approximately 800 lbs of humans, 90% highway and got 35.8 MPG on the day. The Fit did better than I expected on the highway, I kept it at 74 most of the time. Accelerating to that speed loaded up with 4 people wasn't quick, but the ride was good for all but the harshest bumps. Tire noise out of the stock Firestone's was not the worst I have heard but nowhere close to quiet. My 6' tall amateur body-builder co-worker was comfortable in the back seat too.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
So, I'm shitty with a camera, but Foxy is looking good! Red H's all around, tint, red stiched suede shift boot, some generic shift knob, plasti-dipped front and rear garnish, and Husky Weather Beaters.

Your shift boot/knob look amazing. Mind sharing what/where you obtained these? Thanks!

Old 08-31-2015, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blinduvula
Your shift boot/knob look amazing. Mind sharing what/where you obtained these? Thanks!
Thanks for the compliment! Forewarning, you'll have to take out the entire center console for the switch and cutting the boot to fit takes some TLC. I think the end justifies it though!

boot:
Amazon.com: Jdm Suede Manual Shift Boot Black W/Red Stitching: Automotive Amazon.com: Jdm Suede Manual Shift Boot Black W/Red Stitching: Automotive

knob:
Amazon.com: Honda Acura JDM Black Chrome Stainless Steel Shift Knob 6 Speed MT: Automotive Amazon.com: Honda Acura JDM Black Chrome Stainless Steel Shift Knob 6 Speed MT: Automotive

Old 08-31-2015, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
You should look into a wheel wrap. That's been my favorite mod on my EX. The stock plastic steering wheel is so slick!

Old 08-31-2015, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
You should look into a wheel wrap. That's been my favorite mod on my EX. The stock plastic steering wheel is so slick!
I kinda like that it's a bit slick.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Enrichment Project

Alter Ego velcro install of Tomika #66 for my Modern Steel Metallic "cop car" 2015 EX

Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Ya ha ha, I ordered another one today as my 'file copy' as I concluded that the one on my instrument cluster had velcro goo on it, and might fade with internal cabin temps. Ya ha ha ha, Obseeeesion!!

Old 09-11-2015, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Installed the HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust today. Very quick install. Made easy with my 6" extension. Also used spray dry lubricant to get the rubber hangers swapped from the stock exhaust to the HKS.

I'm very happy with sound. It's a nice rumble without being loud and buzzy. My wife says it's a nice hum, so she doesn't have any complaints riding in the car today. Happy wife, happy life. I have a CVT, so in regular drive mode it's only noticeable when getting above 2400 rpm. If you drive easy hovering around 2000 rpm it's barely noticeable over stock, which I like. I played around in sport mode, sport mode seems to like being above 3000 rpm and that's when you can really hear the exhaust.

Thanks go out to Sam Tsai and DannyJ7 for answering my questions on it. Purchased at KamiSpeed for $304 and at the time, they have it in stock. I purchased on the evening of 9/8 and it arrived midday on 9/11.

HKS Silent Hi-Power Axle-Back Exhaust - 2015 Honda Fit | KamiSpeed.com

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?