3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GK19
GK EX-L 2019
my car is way too bouncy
Installed Coilovers on my del sol and those are stiff and hard, but works on that car.
I want to remove the bouncing effect of the Fit, lower it a bit, but still maintain that family comfort ride.

Sounds like you found the solution.
Do you have the part numbers for Koni orange you used?

Did the Swift Springs you used lower the car? Not looking to slam it to the ground but lower without any rubbing and keeping that family comfort ride would be great.

If so, what is the part number of the Swift Springs did you use?

Appreciate any info you learned on this.

Thanks
I have a set of Swift springs that I have used for a few months if you are interested. Here is the link: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/soca...t-springs.html

Old 08-02-2022, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
So many things are going on with the project over the last couple of months. It has been wrapped, new mugens, new exhaust, bushings, collars, all the goodies. So many more things on the way too! Going to wash her tomorrow and maybe take some pictures

Old 08-02-2022, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by FAT BASTARD
So many things are going on with the project over the last couple of months. It has been wrapped, new mugens, new exhaust, bushings, collars, all the goodies. So many more things on the way too! Going to wash her tomorrow and maybe take some pictures

Did you do the bushings and collars yourself? how do they feel mate?Was it worth the upgrade.At the minute I am waiting for my Ultimate 9 throttle controller and I still have to install my EM1 civic clutch "delay valve delete" master cylinder.

Last edited by RD36; 08-02-2022 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:12 PM

Ultimate9 throttle controller has arrived.Complete even got a cute zip tie.

I stuck the control module on the bit where the anti down hill what ever it's called.

Down the drive by wire section it's simple to install the only fiddly bit was the zip tie it takes some time coaxing to cooperate.

Last edited by RD36; 08-02-2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member

Old 08-02-2022, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Classy chassis

Where at in Texas FB? Down here in San Antonio...

Old 08-02-2022, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Where at in Texas FB? Down here in San Antonio...
H Town baby!

Old 08-02-2022, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Lots of nice fits in Houston

I hope to get down there with the other fit racers one day...

Old 08-06-2022, 11:56 AM
Final steering wheel wrap
Name:  YXN5x7Q.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  1.37 MB

Old 08-07-2022, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by FAT BASTARD

HKS Silent Hi power? Picked one up for mine as well. Been on for about a month and a half so far. Definitely livens up the exhaust without being too loud.

Also flushed my brake and clutch hydraulics yesterday since I don't think those were ever done by the previous owner. And as a Honda technician, most people with manual cars just never have it flushed when it should be done the same time as on the brakes. I'm one of only a handful of people who really pushes for this to be done.

One of the upsides of working for a Honda dealership. All the special tools are right there.

Also didn't show it, but I had a bunch of black lug nuts as spares from putting wheel locks on new Accords and Civics, so I threw a full set on here. It's a small change, but I think it really completes the look. I love the black accents so much more than chrome ones. It especially compliments the yellow.

Beyond that, I have a set of factory fog lights I want to retrofit, but I'd need to either make a provision for powering them or swap a fuse box off a higher trim model since the LX doesn't even have the fuse for it. Anyone else retrofit an LX with fogs? I'd like to avoid tampering with the factory wiring if at all possible.

Old 08-13-2022, 06:51 AM
Powerstop stainless steel braided brake lines done.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SkylineFTW97
HKS Silent Hi power? Picked one up for mine as well. Been on for about a month and a half so far. Definitely livens up the exhaust without being too loud.

Also flushed my brake and clutch hydraulics yesterday since I don't think those were ever done by the previous owner. And as a Honda technician, most people with manual cars just never have it flushed when it should be done the same time as on the brakes. I'm one of only a handful of people who really pushes for this to be done.

One of the upsides of working for a Honda dealership. All the special tools are right there.

Also didn't show it, but I had a bunch of black lug nuts as spares from putting wheel locks on new Accords and Civics, so I threw a full set on here. It's a small change, but I think it really completes the look. I love the black accents so much more than chrome ones. It especially compliments the yellow.

Beyond that, I have a set of factory fog lights I want to retrofit, but I'd need to either make a provision for powering them or swap a fuse box off a higher trim model since the LX doesn't even have the fuse for it. Anyone else retrofit an LX with fogs? I'd like to avoid tampering with the factory wiring if at all possible.
Love those rims!!😍😍

Old 08-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Finished (at least 95%) the a-pillar speaker pods. I'll leave them this way for now.

Name:  IkcnpNM.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  3.40 MB

Old 08-24-2022, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Don't get to post much here since my mother in law bought my Fit, but she's using a lot of drive up grocery pickup lately and the employees managed to crack the rear garnish piece into three pieces. After finding $200 for the replacement part, I used fiberglass tape and epoxy to repair the broken one, and then I built up a tab out of some stacked 1/16" ABS sheet and 3M mounting tape to try and keep people from grabbing it again.

Not the best fiberglass job, didn't realize how much of the resin drained out of the top until it was too late, but it seems to be strong enough and if it saves the cost of a new part, I can live with it.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
3d printed a test spacer to use a 61mm 2005 CR-V throttle on my RZCrew IM....(the IM center bore was made to 61mm but the bolt pattern is for the OEM TB so the CR-V one doesn't FITs without the spacer) The aluminum one might get done this weekend...

Old 08-31-2022, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Black Sport Wheels.

Finally!!!!!
I'm getting a set of Black Sport Wheels for my EX stick. Took forever to find a set.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Don't get to post much here since my mother in law bought my Fit, but she's using a lot of drive up grocery pickup lately and the employees managed to crack the rear garnish piece into three pieces. After finding $200 for the replacement part, I used fiberglass tape and epoxy to repair the broken one, and then I built up a tab out of some stacked 1/16" ABS sheet and 3M mounting tape to try and keep people from grabbing it again.

Not the best fiberglass job, didn't realize how much of the resin drained out of the top until it was too late, but it seems to be strong enough and if it saves the cost of a new part, I can live with it.
That's a shame. I use that parking lot food delivery service occasionally. Didn't the store pay for the part?

Old 09-01-2022, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Black Sport Wheels.

Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
Finally!!!!!
I'm getting a set of Black Sport Wheels for my EX stick. Took forever to find a set.
Just bought and picked up the black sport wheels today. Can't wait to get the wheels on my EX.

Old 09-02-2022, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Traded it and got a CRV. Thanks for all of the detailed help with maintenance and identifying what has been behind some of the issues!

Old 09-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Thankfully had a good reason to ditch the factory Firestones with 24K miles on the odometer, bubbles on side wall of 2 tires.
Went with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 with a change in size to 205/50/R16.
Happy with the improvement in ride & handling as well as appearance.
This should help make the cross country drive a bit more confidence inspiring as those Firestones were horrible.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?