3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member

Added some oomph to the sound system. Rockford Fosgate all around, Prime component mids and tweeters in the front, Prime 2-ways in the rear, and the PS-8 in the picture.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by Edgar Vargas
Does anyone have a link or trustworthy part store to replace my damaged driver side view mirror?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001350176316.html $16 faux carbon fiber

Old 11-10-2020, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Also hogged these out. I know somebody could do better, it's not getting entered into car shows...

D'art, I see this in your future. Would minimize drag even more

Old 11-10-2020, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
DIY Aero

Dude, I have so much plastic in the garage right now. Waiting on a whale tail from China right now, some customs problem.... I saw a like a old school road race engineering hacker tweaker page where they had a aluminum template for the bumper. Yes we're at that level...

Old 11-10-2020, 10:54 PM
I did a brake job this weekend:

Bracket kit here: https://honeddevelopments.com/produc...-mounting-kit/

Fits perfectly, I used GE hubs to get the 64 mm rotor center diameter (GK is 61 mm). Stock master cylinder works, pedal feel is very good. Wheels are 16x7 OZ Ultraleggeras, 37 offset.

Old 11-10-2020, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by brian d
I did a brake job this weekend:

Bracket kit here: https://honeddevelopments.com/produc...-mounting-kit/

Fits perfectly, I used GE hubs to get the 64 mm rotor center diameter (GK is 61 mm). Stock master cylinder works, pedal feel is very good. Wheels are 16x7 OZ Ultraleggeras, 37 offset.
so is this like the civic set up and what size rotor is that and are you looking your wheels with the four piston caliper I’m thinking of make Acura tls 2008 with the Brembo caliper but I it only works if you have 17” wheels to clear then

Old 11-11-2020, 12:14 AM
294 mm Mini Rotor. The Honed website describes the details.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by brian d
294 mm Mini Rotor. The Honed website describes the details.
i have that rotor but I have the 2014 accord caliper and it works great

Old 11-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Talking Fun projects for today!

Today, I'll be replacing the front brake rotors on my '16 Fit EX with a set of PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors! These should help keep brake dust from coating my wheels as well as dissipate heat more efficiently when braking hard. We also got a set of PowerStop's Evolution series carbon-ceramic brake pads for that extra bite. Should be a fun install, I'm looking forward to it! Maybe someday I'll also do that rear disc brake conversion that I've always wanted to do...

Old 11-12-2020, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by McDanielSan
Today, I'll be replacing the front brake rotors on my '16 Fit EX with a set of PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors! These should help keep brake dust from coating my wheels as well as dissipate heat more efficiently when braking hard. We also got a set of PowerStop's Evolution series carbon-ceramic brake pads for that extra bite. Should be a fun install, I'm looking forward to it! Maybe someday I'll also do that rear disc brake conversion that I've always wanted to do...
I done it

Here it is

Old 11-13-2020, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Pics to follow, but I got the Fastbrakes rear disc conversion installed. Parking brake adjustment took a few tries, but once everything was set up properly it turned out to be pretty good. Wish I could compare it to the Taiwan sourced kit posted here before, but Elpapas is the only one I've seen with it- if anyone south of Seattle gets it,a side by side test ought to be arranged.

My rear discs are now larger than the fronts, but it doesn't unbalance the car. While bedding the pads in, the fronts still seem to lock first. Not going to try any spirited driving until the roads are better and I get some new tires, though.

Old 11-14-2020, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
RZCrew GK5 intake manifold

Installed, but a few fitment issues remain before startup... short on 3 electrical connectors and 1 vacuum hose. OE TB rubs on the top radiator hose. Will either need a plastic wrap, rubber sleeve, or alternate hose for daily ops...

Their EGR block off was prettier than mine but the holes had to be widened to fit over the studs. I drilled them out.

Old 11-14-2020, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Pics to follow, but I got the Fastbrakes rear disc conversion installed. Parking brake adjustment took a few tries, but once everything was set up properly it turned out to be pretty good. Wish I could compare it to the Taiwan sourced kit posted here before, but Elpapas is the only one I've seen with it- if anyone south of Seattle gets it,a side by side test ought to be arranged.

My rear discs are now larger than the fronts, but it doesn't unbalance the car. While bedding the pads in, the fronts still seem to lock first. Not going to try any spirited driving until the roads are better and I get some new tires, though.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
Made an "upgrade" to the sound system....
Mounted a pair of 6½ kicker KSC650 in the front and a pair of 6¾ Rockford Fosgate R1675X2

I had already changed the OEM HU to an android 10" unit that had a bit more output power.... so decided to upgrade the speakers...

It sounds crisper and clearer... and since I'm not a sound system FREAK im happy for the subtle upgrade 😁😁😁

Old 11-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Nice

Originally Posted by elkaku
Made an "upgrade" to the sound system....
Mounted a pair of 6½ kicker KSC650 in the front and a pair of 6¾ Rockford Fosgate R1675X2

I had already changed the OEM HU to an android 10" unit that had a bit more output power.... so decided to upgrade the speakers...

It sounds crisper and clearer... and since I'm not a sound system FREAK im happy for the subtle upgrade 😁😁😁
nice love the upgrade

i did it a few years back I hade the car for a month and I went kenwood components in the front and back I need the crisp and I go the oem tweeter cover from a Integra so it looks oem and I but 2 10” in the back 😎

Old 11-14-2020, 12:36 PM
Installed, but a few fitment issues remain before startup... short on 3 electrical connectors and 1 vacuum hose. OE TB rubs on the top radiator hose. Will either need a plastic wrap, rubber sleeve, or alternate hose for daily ops...

Their EGR block off was prettier than mine but the holes had to be widened to fit over the studs. I drilled them out.

Looks great ! I hope it'll perform well ! When did you except to start your engine ?
And what's your power goal ?
Can you please compare the power number before and after that intake ?
I know it's a lot of question, but I really love your job on a Fit !

Old 11-14-2020, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member

I cut off my throttle body connector and soldered in six wires to extend the lead by 4 inches approx. Advanced Auto had fuel line i used since they were out of the vacuum hose in my diameter. This is a big performance gain. Over 10hp, which is a lot on the fit. I have many other mods which might contribute to my gainz! This may have been my current weak link. It made my heavily ported throttle body respond better so bonus. It will be good on the new motor too, as it pulls very hard above 5000rpm!

Old 11-15-2020, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
That looks awesome, I'd love to see a dyno chart if you have one. Generally I've read that short runners are good for high rpm, and long are good for low rpm, so I'm curious if it loses power down low compared to the factory piece. Did the rest of the intake setup come with it?

Old 11-15-2020, 02:58 AM
I cut off my throttle body connector and soldered in six wires to extend the lead by 4 inches approx. Advanced Auto had fuel line i used since they were out of the vacuum hose in my diameter. This is a big performance gain. Over 10hp, which is a lot on the fit. I have many other mods which might contribute to my gainz! This may have been my current weak link. It made my heavily ported throttle body respond better so bonus. It will be good on the new motor too, as it pulls very hard above 5000rpm!
Thanks for your answer ! It makes me almost jealous Your Fit should be a blast to drive now !
Have you a vid of your beast ?

Old 11-15-2020, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hasdrubal
That looks awesome, I'd love to see a dyno chart if you have one. Generally I've read that short runners are good for high rpm, and long are good for low rpm, so I'm curious if it loses power down low compared to the factory piece. Did the rest of the intake setup come with it?
That's what I'm going for power wise. I asked Web Cam Inc to put the power band high on the cams (Uninstalled) also. I'm sure I've lost a bit of power down low but I can't get to 5th and 6th gears (obvi) on the track. The engine build is planned for 8500 red line... my current red line is 7250 via my ktuner and it pulled strong until I smacked the rev limiter so...
@royg plenty of videos of my car in the racing section, or search all posts started by me...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?