3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
this thing needs a tune for idle but the difference between stock throttle body is incredible, especially with the lightweight flywheel... snappy!

I went in a similar direction.... but instead of P&P ..... i fabricated a spacer to fit(pun intended)🤪 a honda CR-V 60mm/63mm TB😈😬
And a bit of the OEM airbox

Last edited by elkaku; 09-28-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Elpapas

Hope you can see the plate

it a little dirty put it seems like you are call out
Look again. That is clearly not the same muffler. The one I posted is made specific for North American Fit's with the Sport rear bumper. Black carbon fiber tip.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member

Hope you can see the plate

it a little dirty put it seems like you are call out
Hence why your tip doesn't sit flush or center with the Sports bumper.

Old 09-28-2020, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
I sse

Originally Posted by NWCH
Look again. That is clearly not the same muffler. The one I posted is made specific for North American Fit's with the Sport rear bumper. Black carbon fiber tip.

i see see I guess I miss understood my exhaust is a apex’s old school they don’t make that model any more but I was just showing you guys my set up with a 4” tip

Old 09-28-2020, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
I went in a similar direction.... but instead of P&P ..... i fabricated a spacer to fit(pun intended)🤪 a honda CR-V 60mm/63mm TB😈😬

elkaku do you have the year, part number, engine and transmission options for that throttle body? I know CarbonTek use an accord throttle body with the LRPTEC intake. I am wanting one for the LRPTEC intake. Cheers, Z062FIT

Old 09-28-2020, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
elkaku do you have the year, part number, engine and transmission options for that throttle body? I know CarbonTek use an accord throttle body with the LRPTEC intake. I am wanting one for the LRPTEC intake. Cheers, Z062FIT
I believe that if you look by this number GMA0A or '05 - '06 CR-V you will find it... let me know....

Old 09-28-2020, 11:44 PM

Did you notice any difference with the new throttle body? I'd be interested in 3d printing an adapter to try it out if it actually improves performance on a stock engine.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Azuki
Did you notice any difference with the new throttle body? I'd be interested in 3d printing an adapter to try it out if it actually improves performance on a stock engine.
Definitely Azuki... I DID noticed a positive difference.... I 3d printed a one for fitting purposes, then made one out of acrilyc, since the 3d printed one didn't hold up to the heat, and then the final aluminum piece...

Send me a DM for mor info on it...

Old 09-30-2020, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
DM? There's probably more people that want to know if you have information to share- like me, if you're willing.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
DM? There's probably more people that want to know if you have information to share- like me, if you're willing.
Its OK.... that's what the comunity is for😇...

I might be able to fabricate a spacer for whoever might want one....... the only info I'll need is the specific car it came out of or the code I mentioned above or the specific part # , so im able to measure the TB's bolt pattern and the internal TB diameter so is is made correctly...
Righ now i have measurements for 05+ CR-V, 05+ CiViC and AP2 S2K...

Old 09-30-2020, 07:25 AM
Its OK.... that's what the comunity is for😇...

I might be able to fabricate a spacer for whoever might want one....... the only info I'll need is the specific car it came out of or the code I mentioned above or the specific part # , so im able to measure the TB's bolt pattern and the internal TB diameter so is is made correctly...
Righ now i have measurements for 05+ CR-V, 05+ CiViC and AP2 S2K...
You should post your insta pics. They show exactly what's going on. I really like how you've designed your adapter plate! I'm thinking of just 'porting' my TB like Z062 did to his, but larger TB might be down the line.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I wasn't asking you to make anything for me, just for more info.

Your 3d printed version, do you still have the file, and what material did you use? A different filament might have better heat properties. What happened to make it not hold up, did it crack, or sag, or something else? How long did it last?

Do you have some photos of any version of the adapter? I'd like to see how the transition is blended between the two shapes. I see Azuki mentions instagram, hopefully you can post something here.

Did the new TB use the same connector, or did you have to fiddle with pin configuration?

Were there any check engine lights or other issues that had to be fixed with the new TB?

Old 10-01-2020, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
Made a 3/4" plywood cover for the trunk area, hinged door with a hook to go around the center headrest when I need to hold it up. The aluminum strips were intended to keep cargo from sliding sideways too much and to keep the felt from snagging and tearing. Seems to be working so far, although I am aware they're not exactly lined up.

Still need to make a transition strip, there's a gap when I fold the seats down. The sound deadening material is actually Peel and Seal roof flashing from Lowes, despite not being a purpose made automotive product it seems to work pretty well. Thinking about pulling the rear seats and putting more under the carpet if I find time later on.

I put the tire back in after the photos, the tools are loose until I can either rig something to hold them or give up and put them in cloth bags. They're not really rattling as is, though.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
Made a 3/4" plywood cover for the trunk area, hinged door with a hook to go around the center headrest when I need to hold it up. The aluminum strips were intended to keep cargo from sliding sideways too much and to keep the felt from snagging and tearing. Seems to be working so far, although I am aware they're not exactly lined up.

Still need to make a transition strip, there's a gap when I fold the seats down. The sound deadening material is actually Peel and Seal roof flashing from Lowes, despite not being a purpose made automotive product it seems to work pretty well. Thinking about pulling the rear seats and putting more under the carpet if I find time later on.

I put the tire back in after the photos, the tools are loose until I can either rig something to hold them or give up and put them in cloth bags. They're not really rattling as is, though.

nice I was wondering if something like that will work for the sound

Old 10-02-2020, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I wasn't asking you to make anything for me, just for more info.

Your 3d printed version, do you still have the file, and what material did you use? A different filament might have better heat properties. What happened to make it not hold up, did it crack, or sag, or something else? How long did it last?

Do you have some photos of any version of the adapter? I'd like to see how the transition is blended between the two shapes. I see Azuki mentions instagram, hopefully you can post something here.

Did the new TB use the same connector, or did you have to fiddle with pin configuration?

Were there any check engine lights or other issues that had to be fixed with thnew TB?
Sorry for the delay...

Here we go 😊

Tried to reuse the stock TB bolts but they were too long

Got some shorter allen head so they were easier to manage...

Testing fitment on TB

Mounted on the IM

It fitted perfectly...

S2K TB😁

Transition between S2K TB and GK's IM

Finalizing testing how it will look with the larger elbow

Dimensions of the turbo silicone elbow i used... the 63mm side works PERFECTLY on the OEM airbox side since it goes "tight fit" where the rubber OEM tube goes ...

Went a bit greedy on testing... and since it was printed only for fitment purposes and I went around the block.... it didn't held up the heat....🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Acrilyc test piece for outer fitment dimensions...

Still good port-matching...

Testing outer spacing

Testing the S2K TB.......it was WAY too big for the stock N/A 1.5L🤪

Any electronic TB that uses this gasket might be usable

As it is as of todays morning.... The top of the TB looks as if it was "knurled" because it had a LOT of useless material that I removed so it was easier to manipulate and liked the "rugged" look.... *note on the GMA0A TB.... it has an air passage on the flat surface that mates with the spacer... and it was epoxied up so there are no vacuum leaks* .... 3 months with it mounted and NO problems at all

Old 10-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by DT_GK6
Some current pics of my GK. Almost ready for a K swap.

Dam I love your setup!

I also have a Sport trim and I would really like a lip but I dont know which one fits because the sport bumper is different than all the other bumpers due to the OEM lip.

Which lip is yours? Looks like Garage Vary

Old 10-02-2020, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Lip

Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o
Dam I love your setup!

I also have a Sport trim and I would really like a lip but I dont know which one fits because the sport bumper is different than all the other bumpers due to the OEM lip.

Which lip is yours? Looks like Garage Vary

when you get a lip it will ask you with the face lift or not

Old 10-02-2020, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Tb

Sorry for the delay...

Here we go 😊

Tried to reuse the stock TB bolts but they were too long

Got some shorter allen head so they were easier to manage...

Testing fitment on TB

Mounted on the IM

It fitted perfectly...

S2K TB😁

Transition between S2K TB and GK's IM

Finalizing testing how it will look with the larger elbow

Dimensions of the turbo silicone elbow i used... the 63mm side works PERFECTLY on the OEM airbox side since it goes "tight fit" where the rubber OEM tube goes ...

Went a bit greedy on testing... and since it was printed only for fitment purposes and I went around the block.... it didn't held up the heat....🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Acrilyc test piece for outer fitment dimensions...

Still good port-matching...

Testing outer spacing

Testing the S2K TB.......it was WAY too big for the stock N/A 1.5L🤪

Any electronic TB that uses this gasket might be usable

As it is as of todays morning.... The top of the TB looks as if it was "knurled" because it had a LOT of useless material that I removed so it was easier to manipulate and liked the "rugged" look.... *note on the GMA0A TB.... it has an air passage on the flat surface that mates with the spacer... and it was epoxied up so there are no vacuum leaks* .... 3 months with it mounted and NO problems at all
with all this been said and done s2k tb is to bid maybe the 1.8 civic or the 2.0 civic all this are n/a engine the question is this a boilt on or do we tune or flash or ecu I will be interested on getting on of does adapters

Old 10-02-2020, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Elkaku great work

I guess as we all know the real limitation continues to be the neck on the intake manifold... I didn't think about cutting it off and getting to the round part. With 3D printing, might be able to significantly increase flow that reaches the runners... and with my EGR block off, could ignore that area too.
https://rzcrewgarage.com/products/rz...d-gk5-air-h-gk
something like this?

Old 10-02-2020, 01:42 PM
when you get a lip it will ask you with the face lift or not
You're referring to the GV lip correct?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?