3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 12:06 AM
Tunerview

Haha finally

Old 06-27-2020, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
@exl500 red fits are so hot!!!

Bought a clutch and pressure plate kit to send to Golden Eagle along with my block. I am having them balance the rotating assembly with the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. I am hoping I can spin this thing to 8500 RPMs!!! I could not find a lightweight flywheel for the GK Fit, and it is the same part number as the GE8 cars as well. I KNOW they're out there. I can find the GD ones all day, it's weird... I guess I'll just drop a thread in on the 2nd Gen folks and see who has what flywheel...
Many years ago, I did a lot of engine mods to an MG sports car. One change was lightening the flywheel. I found a diagram showing how much to cut and where. I brought it to a machine shop and got a lighter flywheel back. The trick is finding out how to cut is safely.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NWCH

Installed my Progress rear sway bar today.
Do you feel any different with the away bar?

Old 06-29-2020, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Elpapas

Carbon fiber

Install
What kind of seat is that? Want to upgrade the OEM seat, they're not comfortable for long trip

Old 06-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Sparco

Sparco seats but I had the re apostle to something similar to the oem seat seat cloths

Re done the seats

Last edited by Elpapas; 06-29-2020 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Need pix
Old 06-29-2020, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Today I did the last fitment test before fabricating the spacer to ba able to use several other DBW TB's 😇 the aluminum final one, should be done anytime this week...

In this pic im testing the one for the S2K TB... but I also will test one for the CR-V TB...

BTW yes I know it might look a bit "ugly" or unfinished, but it is a FITMENT TEST piece,... the final product will be made out of aluminum and way better looking so don't go making it a big deal cuz it's not pretty😬

Any info or detail... send me a PM! And i will gladly answer 😁

Last edited by elkaku; 06-29-2020 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Sparco seats but I had the re apostle to something similar to the oem seat seat cloths

Re done the seats
Do you run aftermarket seat rail or use OEM seat rail?

Old 06-29-2020, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by elkaku
Today I did the last fitment test before fabricating the spacer to ba able to use several other DBW TB's 😇 the aluminum final one, should be done anytime this week...

In this pic im testing the one for the S2K TB... but I also will test one for the CR-V TB...

BTW yes I know it might look a bit "ugly" or unfinished, but it is a FITMENT TEST piece,... the final product will be made out of aluminum and way better looking so don't go making it a big deal cuz it's not pretty😬

Any difference without a tune?

Also Elpapas, love that OEM style look with the bucket seat, and no giant SPARCO written across the top. Must have been expensive to have all the fabric replaced. Looks more comfortable, I wish the stock seats had more padding under my knees for longer drives. Stock seats makes me feel like my butts in the seat but my legs are kinda floating, and these seats look like they’d fix that. Just cant afford aftermarket seats at the moment lol

Old 06-29-2020, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Fitftw15
Do you run aftermarket seat rail or use OEM seat rail?

after market seat seat rail I as not able to reuse the oem

Old 06-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Seats

Originally Posted by Azuki
Any difference without a tune?

Also Elpapas, love that OEM style look with the bucket seat, and no giant SPARCO written across the top. Must have been expensive to have all the fabric replaced. Looks more comfortable, I wish the stock seats had more padding under my knees for longer drives. Stock seats makes me feel like my butts in the seat but my legs are kinda floating, and these seats look like they’d fix that. Just cant afford aftermarket seats at the moment lol

you probably get knock off if you still want the 2 to 3 hundred buck eBay the only reason why I did it was because this seat were in my cb7 accord and I had to sell it so i had them re done

Old 06-29-2020, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Throttle body to intake spacer.

Originally Posted by elkaku

So you're going from round whatever size down to the oval of the plastic intake manifold? I just hand ported the intake side of my TB... do you really think our throttle body is the weak link of air flow? I think it's fine for the small neck of the intake...

Old 06-29-2020, 10:59 PM
Covered the center console with a synthetic leather cover

Name:  b3nW1fn.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  1.30 MB

Old 06-29-2020, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
So you're going from round whatever size down to the oval of the plastic intake manifold? I just hand ported the intake side of my TB... do you really think our throttle body is the weak link of air flow? I think it's fine for the small neck of the intake...

Well I think its part of the problem... as you can see the bottleneck part, I removed and replaced with the silicone elbows hence eliminating that part...also... and although the response might change since it will have a larger TB I do believe it will improve since I also made some mods to the oem airbox... we'll see how it works out...

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 AM
​​​​
You might be right about that Z, the thread on the intake porting here (2nd edit: Just realized it’s your thread lol!) got some nice photos of what it looks like behind the TB, and that massive restriction from the EGR looks like it bottlenecks anyways.

Interested to see results, maybe make a new thread about this mod and what comes of it?

Last edited by Azuki; 06-30-2020 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Quoted wrong post initially.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:26 PM
Azuki

Tune working the engine rum so mush free with out hesitation and the rev Limits or 72 hundred
responce is is great love the ktuner and with the tunerview is nice to have a real temp gage lmk if you need more info this is for everyone

Old 07-01-2020, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
New goodies

just picked these up at the dealer today for a good price.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson

That looks great. Mine is looking splotchy azad and needs some help. Did you buy this? If so, mind sharing where?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Nice

Originally Posted by Action Jackson

love that look a just order my all black to mash the shift boot since I have the mt6

Old 07-04-2020, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by exl500
That looks great. Mine is looking splotchy azad and needs some help. Did you buy this? If so, mind sharing where?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...27a54c4dUVYAaX

The instructions requires that you rip off the OEM cover. I ended up covering over it and gluing the edges of this to the OEM cover.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
love that look a just order my all black to mash the shift boot since I have the mt6
I like those seat heater switches. I put the Dormann seat heaters in my Fits, but I think the Honda switches cost more than the heaters.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?