3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F-It051995

Here’s how mine is currently sitting.
Thanks for giving us the lowdown. : )

Old 07-29-2019, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Thanks for giving us the lowdown. : )
ba doom cheeeeeeeeeee

Old 07-29-2019, 12:06 PM
Like what you did there! 😂😂

Old 07-31-2019, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
I bought it - today! Tonight I pick up a 2019 Fit LX stripped down to its bare necessities with no options.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM
rzc
Installed the K&N Drop-In Air Filter and take a pic of car on a nice sunny day....

Never seen such a small Filter before until now....

Old 08-05-2019, 12:12 AM
@acter I know it's years later and not sure if you'll even get this message, but if you do, please tell me where you bought the cargo liner for your Honda Fit? I saw you had mentioned Bernardi Parts, but not sure if that's where you got the liner from. I found this item listed for a 2016 Fit (my car):https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...3-T5A-100.aspx but there is no product image.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MonikaSanD
@acter I know it's years later and not sure if you'll even get this message, but if you do, please tell me where you bought the cargo liner for your Honda Fit? I saw you had mentioned Bernardi Parts, but not sure if that's where you got the liner from. I found this item listed for a 2016 Fit (my car):https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-...3-T5A-100.aspx but there is no product image.
Monika - if you're talking about these Rear seat back protectors, this is where I bought mine: College Hills Honda

BTW - I'm happy with mine and they were a quick and easy install.

Old 08-05-2019, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Finally installed the Power Flex bushings and Mugen (Megan?) Roll Control Adapters. Big shout out to EvilChargerFan for loaning me his spares so I could have them ready to go. Took about 10 hours all told with 1 trip to Autozone to get a ball joint separator, and of course oil change, tightening up things underneath the car etc. I have a bunch of pictures of how I installed the bushings into the control arms. When I did the bushings in the rear, I failed to support the axle when I removed the shock and bushing bolt, and the axle fell, hanging by my stainless steel brake line. The anti-lock brake wires snapped so I had to repair those. Good times. Evil had the right idea with drilling into the old bushing and then using a reciprocating saw(zall) to get the old bushings out on the rear. I used a 6" c-clamp and some adapters from the Autozone ball joint removal kit to get the new ones in. ***Use all the lube,*** the second one went in much better. I also increased the spring height on the rear BC Racing Coilovers. This got rid of the rocks rolling around noise I had going in the back of the car. I also adjusted the preload to approximately 2mm. Unfortunately the car is a bit too high for me in the rear, and just right in the front, so I got that 80s hot rod stink bug look going on. But man the ride is awesome and quiet again. Overall impression of the bushings and RCAs is complete amazement. The car is so much more confidence inspiring. The steering feels so "sure." If feels like the suspension is doing its job. I was pretty hesitant about doing the mods because I knew it was going to be a pain in the ass and a long day in a hot garage. It was. But, the only thing that was not straight forward was the ball joint separator, and removing the rear bushings. After that, it was pretty much just slave labor but totally worth it. I also two-part-epoxied an adapter on my air filter to the ram air cooling pipe I am running from the left front fog light. That also was a great success, IATs are now only 12* above ambient.

TL/DR Powerflex bushings and Megan RCAs are the shizz!!!

Cheers,
d

Last edited by Z062FIT; 08-05-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:48 AM
Banned
Rear diffuser & front lip

Old 08-12-2019, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MonikaSanD
I got mine from AutoAnything. I paid $123 for the cargo mat and two front mats in 2014.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Finally installed the Power Flex bushings and Mugen (Megan?) Roll Control Adapters. Big shout out to EvilChargerFan for loaning me his spares so I could have them ready to go. Took about 10 hours all told with 1 trip to Autozone to get a ball joint separator, and of course oil change, tightening up things underneath the car etc. I have a bunch of pictures of how I installed the bushings into the control arms. When I did the bushings in the rear, I failed to support the axle when I removed the shock and bushing bolt, and the axle fell, hanging by my stainless steel brake line. The anti-lock brake wires snapped so I had to repair those. Good times. Evil had the right idea with drilling into the old bushing and then using a reciprocating saw(zall) to get the old bushings out on the rear. I used a 6" c-clamp and some adapters from the Autozone ball joint removal kit to get the new ones in. ***Use all the lube,*** the second one went in much better. I also increased the spring height on the rear BC Racing Coilovers. This got rid of the rocks rolling around noise I had going in the back of the car. I also adjusted the preload to approximately 2mm. Unfortunately the car is a bit too high for me in the rear, and just right in the front, so I got that 80s hot rod stink bug look going on. But man the ride is awesome and quiet again. Overall impression of the bushings and RCAs is complete amazement. The car is so much more confidence inspiring. The steering feels so "sure." If feels like the suspension is doing its job. I was pretty hesitant about doing the mods because I knew it was going to be a pain in the ass and a long day in a hot garage. It was. But, the only thing that was not straight forward was the ball joint separator, and removing the rear bushings. After that, it was pretty much just slave labor but totally worth it. I also two-part-epoxied an adapter on my air filter to the ram air cooling pipe I am running from the left front fog light. That also was a great success, IATs are now only 12* above ambient.

TL/DR Powerflex bushings and Megan RCAs are the shizz!!!

Cheers,
d

that's awesome news d'art! and I am glad you made use of my spare oem lca's, it was a simple way to take some of the stress away from what would be a pita install

lets see some pics of your install.... I like to marvel at the pain of others!

joking aside, I am happy for you. its so hard to explain in plain text ... how much of a diff maker such a simple mod (bushings) can make to the overall "fun factor" of the car

those of you who want their car to handle better .... consider megan rca's and power flex bushings for your lca's!

Old 08-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
that's awesome news d'art! and I am glad you made use of my spare oem lca's, it was a simple way to take some of the stress away from what would be a pita install

lets see some pics of your install.... I like to marvel at the pain of others!

joking aside, I am happy for you. its so hard to explain in plain text ... how much of a diff maker such a simple mod (bushings) can make to the overall "fun factor" of the car

those of you who want their car to handle better .... consider megan rca's and power flex bushings for your lca's!
This sounds awesome. Could I make this upgrade before adding a better suspension or springs? If so, are these the correct parts?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152610170406

https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/ca...t-gk-2014-1493

Old 08-12-2019, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dantheman1689
This sounds awesome. Could I make this upgrade before adding a better suspension or springs? If so, are these the correct parts?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152610170406

https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/ca...t-gk-2014-1493

the parts are correct

you can do this upgrade anytime, its completely independent of springs. but, it wouldnt hurt, to do it ALL at once "while youre in there"

Old 08-13-2019, 01:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
the parts are correct

you can do this upgrade anytime, its completely independent of springs. but, it wouldnt hurt, to do it ALL at once "while youre in there"
True, thank you!

Old 08-14-2019, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Pics of powerflex install

This didn't work. Trying to use just the big c clamp from the autozone 23 piece bball joint removal kit...

Pic of one of the spares evil loaned me

The autozone toolkit

Bought a shop press and assembled in living room #bachelorlife #toohotinvega$

Pushing out old bushings

C clamp was kinda useful

Goodbye ball joint

Pressed in new pieces

Then the urethane bushing

Then lube the plastic tunnel inside and press in steel center

These two are the urethane pieces on the next area

Pressed in with steel center

The RCA fully inserted

View from above

All done and ready to install

Old v. New

Pic of where the lower control arm was

I took off these three screws to rotate the brake backing plate to separate the ball joint

Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
nicely done! for the money of this mod .... so many people could have much faster fits .... money well spent!

for those of you looking at intakes and exhausts, please consider this mod , FIRST. lol

Old 08-14-2019, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Just ordered them! I can't wait to feel the difference at my next track event!

Old 08-14-2019, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know if it is "much faster" but it is more confidence inspiring, which makes for faster lap times. I am considering going to Big Willow Saturday, it's the 2.5 mile track. I watched a couple Porsche 911 videos where dudes were hitting 130mph on the straightaway, and 133 on turn 8 (supposedly the fastest turn west of the mississippi)... It's not where the fit will shine, Streets of Willow is, but hey the track day is $119, so... Pretty good value for money. Also would probably be the last track day for my track tires so then I'd have an excuse to get new ones. Decisions...

Old 08-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Picked her up July 2nd.

It was nothing but problems for the first month. Transmission grinds and pop outs, injectors causing horrible idle and hesitation, AC compressor clapped out, panel gaps out the wazoo and some leaks.

Finally got a free weekend to tint the windows and install my catch can.

I've got a plethora of parts stacking up hoping to get them all installed by the end of the month. Eibach springs, HFP spoiler, mud & rain guards, red badges, vinyl for chrome, HFP shift knob, HFP pedals, door protectors and a few other miscellaneous interior bits.

Last edited by LulzKev; 08-17-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Detailed

Gave the 18 sport cvt a detail today. Loaned it to my
friend for half a year and he added a hks exhaust, tanabe strut bar and AEM intake. Seriously thinking about switching back to oem intake as I don’t see how the aem intake is giving the car any benefit. The stock intake has air duct connected from the front. I think all the aem intake does is sucking hot air from the engine ?

wanted to add window visor, anyone has experience
with or or mugen visors?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?